All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
How do you get the cheapest flights last minute? Can you haggle? Here's why!
      #262183 - 05/07/06 06:39 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

A lady in our church home group tonight seemed so sad when she told us that she is taking a long weekend in Floriday this weekend (over Mother's Day), has rented a place for 6 people, and it turns out she'll be going all alone. She doesn't want to cancel because she really needs a vacation and already has the time off, etc, but she's a divorced grandmother and her son doesn't spend all that much time with her, seems her sisters and friends all ended up not being able to join her after all...

I got to thinking, I'd go with her in a heartbeat! Why not? When do I ever get to go anywhere! She was ALL OVER IT and practically leaping for me to come with her. But I can't leave here till late Friday and I have to be back by early morning Monday beacuse Eric cannot miss work (we go to the beach for a week May 20)... so for that short of time I'd have to fly to make it worth it.

What's my best bet at getting a great last minute deal on a flight? Online websites? Or calling the airline and haggling with them, do they even DO that? Because I'm not above doing that! Any ideas are WELCOME... I need a flight and a rental car... her place is in St. Augustine and the nearest airport I can tell is in Jacksonville, just under an hour away. But it's not like money is exactly "no option"... Eric says the expense will make up for the years I didn't get anything for Mother's Day. She's driving down Friday morning and back Monday sometime but I can't ride with her, I just can't stay that long.

Any ideas APPRECIATED!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

try.... new
      #262184 - 05/07/06 06:42 PM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

travelocity.com
cheaptickets.com
orbitz.com

Not sure if you can haggle but they often have last minute flights available. In addition you can add a car and save a couple of bucks.

hmmmm...if I think of any more I will let you know!

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: try.... new
      #262197 - 05/07/06 08:06 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Also.. check the websites for JetBlue.. they usually have the cheapest flights around.

Another thing is to check for e-specials.. which are offered on usair.com when last minute flights aren't full. You can usually get a flight for around a hundred dollars if you can find an e-special for your weekend to and from your destination.

I'd also try expedia.com.. and the places that Rachel suggested.. they usually work as well.

However, make sure you check all flights first, and compare the prices because whats offered on one website may be loads more than whats offered on another.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 836 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 388

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review