All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Pictures!! Harley and my house!
      #261502 - 05/04/06 09:35 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Here's Harley on my desk at the office, he has on his racing bow to make him run faster!

Nap time Sunday afternoon, not so flattering of me but I think its still a cute picture! You can see the swelling in my fingers and hands. That orange fluff ball is Big Boy, our Pursian kitty! Kitty and doggie are good frinds! Both like to sleep on my head!

Here is the front of my house. The tree that we had to have cut is at the very far left, you can just barley see it. Its about the height of the house and we want to cave it into a type of totem pole! We are also having the drive way paved in 3 weeks!!!

This is along side of the right side of my house. Its still early spring, so not much is blooming yet.

Here's a better one of my flower beds

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh my goodness! new
      #261510 - 05/04/06 09:46 AM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

I want a Harley! Your house is adorable...

Our cat will bully the dogs even if they were here first! I think it is so cute that Big Boy and Harley play nice!

I am soooo not motivated to work today!

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: Pictures!! Harley and my house! new
      #261511 - 05/04/06 09:46 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I looooooooooooooove your garden!

The pics of your puppy and kitty are so sweet!

My cat stayed with my parents for a while in January. My cat and their BIG black lab got a long super great too. Their dog even started sleeping at the foot of the chair where Sara slept. I wish I could have seen that!

Re: Oh my goodness! new
      #261518 - 05/04/06 09:58 AM
michele

Work, whats that? Me either, been trying to get all my pictures together so I can have them printed. Hopefully this new drug I started will take the pain away in my hands enough that I can scrapbook again!

My house is old, built in 1922. We are slowly fixing it up. Paving the drive will be a big improvement, as its just been a weed-way instead of a driveway for the past two years! We got new windows last year and painted the house. We've got to spread the budgett out though, its all so expensive!

Harley and Big Boy are just the best of buds! Its so cute how kitty will sit by the back door when its time for us to come home! Fun to watch them romp around together too!

--------------------

#261519 - 05/04/06 10:01 AM
michele

Thanks Tina! The garden is a lot of work. Its all perennials though so its mostly weeding and keeping it neat. None of the garden was there when we moved in and had I known how much work it was and how sick I was going to get, I would have not put so much in! Right now though, I've as much garden as I do house! You only see ONE flower bed, there are many more!

I've heard that a lot of times cats and dogs will get along better than two cats!

--------------------

I was about to say "he's gotten so BIG!" then I realized it was your CAT! LOL! nt new
      #261524 - 05/04/06 10:24 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

This made me smile! new
      #261532 - 05/04/06 10:38 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Harley is sooo cute! He and your cat make a funny twosome! I know they are such good company. Your house and yards are just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#261547 - 05/04/06 11:16 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Michele,

I love your house! It is charming and your gardens are beautiful! I am anxiously waiting to plant flowers around my house but I have been told not to yet by experienced Mainers. They tell me it still may get down to freezing.

What adorable pictures of your kitty and dog. How sweet that they sleep together close to their mamma. Funny how anmials can get used to each other and become friends.

Your poor hands. I really do hope this new drug works for you and you get some relief.

Now, please tell me how you posted your pictures. I have some I want to post but am not very computer savy.

Hugs,

--------------------
Janey

Re: Janey new
      #261555 - 05/04/06 11:52 AM
michele

Where do you live? I'm in MI and the rule of thumb here is not to plant before Mothers Day. Everything you see in my garden is a perennial, which means its winter hardy and grows back each year. I will put annuals in pots, hanging baskets and as fill in where needed. I'll actually probably do that in the next week or two! If you want any garden advice, let me know!

As far as posting pictures, it took me a while. What you need to do is open an account at www.photobucket.com its free to do. Then, once you have the pictures in a file on your computer you can download from your computer file to photobucket, than you can post directly from photobucket to the board. I'd have you email me the pictures but I haven't figured out how to get email pictures to photobucket yet! I'm not real computer savvy either!

--------------------

Re: This made me smile! new
      #261556 - 05/04/06 11:53 AM
michele

Thanks Bamagirl! Its funny, the kitty has a bottom fang that sticks out, his jaw is actually malformed a bit. Harley has a HUGE under bit, so when they are sitting next to each other, its quit a sight! They look like they should be related!

--------------------

#261561 - 05/04/06 12:09 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hey Michele! So good to see your smiling face. I couldn't see the pictures, but you might have taken them down by now (or the preferences here at work are set weird)!

I'm having one of those days that I'm really thankful that there are others in my boat with me! I'm so glad you have your fur babies to keep your company!

~nelly~

Re: Big boys fang and Harleys underbit new
      #261564 - 05/04/06 12:35 PM
michele

And this is a cool picture of Will and I at the Renaissance Festival last fall!

--------------------

#261565 - 05/04/06 12:37 PM
michele

Hmm, not sure why you can't see the pictures, I can see them! Maybe the filter them out at your work? What do I know though, I'm computer stupid!

I feel for ya sister, I HATE being sick, especially on top of all the other health "issues" we have!

--------------------

He is just so cute new
      #261568 - 05/04/06 12:57 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks for sharing Michele...Harley is just so photogenic I can't get over it What a sweetheart

#261577 - 05/04/06 01:18 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I loved all your pictures!

Harley is so expressive. His racing bow tie! Lol!

Big Boy is a huge and beautiful. It's so cute how well he gets along with Harley.

#261634 - 05/04/06 04:18 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

That Harley is really something!!!!! Does the racing bow really make him run faster? Ha Ha

Love your flower garden.

Barbie

--------------------

#261639 - 05/04/06 04:29 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Your house is gorgeous, Michele! And as always, Harley is SO adorable!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#261660 - 05/04/06 06:43 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I swear that dog knows how to pose for a picture! He is too darn cute! I love your house. It is so quaint and so is your garden. You'll need to teach me how to take care of things. I always kill plants! I like the pic of you and Will at the festival. We have always wanted to go but never made it. Mark went with friends one year and my BIL and his wife go every year. It always looks like fun! You guys look like you were working there!

looks great!!! new
      #261714 - 05/05/06 04:37 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

all of it, even the yard- mine is only in bloom because I have a zillion tulips mixed in with everythign and I have myrtle all over the hill and they are all in bloom.. but oddly some of my iris' have buds already!!! looks like i may have iris' before my birthday in 2 weeks!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#261740 - 05/05/06 06:53 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You have an absolutely adorable house!!!!

Cute dog too!!!

Thanks for sharing these!!

#261741 - 05/05/06 06:54 AM
michele

Thanks Kimm! I just wish the house was a little bigger!

--------------------

#261744 - 05/05/06 06:59 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Look at those Little Chompers he has? I wouldn't want to get him mad! He is a cute dog. I am happy that he brings you such joy!

--------------------

Re: looks great!!! new
      #261746 - 05/05/06 07:00 AM
michele

Thanks Aimee! I noticed just last night that most of my iris's have buds as well!!!! I can't wait for them too bloom, I've got so many of them I've been trying to pawn them off on the neighbors!!

--------------------

#261749 - 05/05/06 07:01 AM
michele

Thanks Tommy, he only looks mean, there isn't an agressive or mean body in his little body!! Although he does think he's much bigger than he is! I can't believe how much joy and love such a little fur ball can bring!

--------------------

#261751 - 05/05/06 07:08 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

I know what you mean. My parent's dog is a little dachsund and she thinks she is such a tough dog. But she's not!!

--------------------

#261752 - 05/05/06 07:11 AM
michele

Will and I go to the festival every year! Its a lot of fun. We went with some friends last year and had a little picnic and had such a wonderful time!

You can come over anytime for gardening tips! In fact, I need to split up some stuff and will have leftovers for you to take home!

--------------------

Re: Thanks JenniferRose -nt new
      #261753 - 05/05/06 07:12 AM
michele

--------------------

#261756 - 05/05/06 07:14 AM
michele

You know, I think Harley has more hair bows than I do!!! Don't think he's spoiled, do ya??

--------------------

#261762 - 05/05/06 07:28 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

You have the prettiest house ever!! I want one!! It looks all pretty and peaceful and nice, and your garden is beautiful.

And ask for Big Boy and Harley, jesus, I can't even get my 2 cats to lay that close to eachother, never mind with a dog! (Well, the little one loves the big one, but the big one's not exactly tolerant of her... ) Harley's so cute, and Big Boy looks all soft and fluffy. Very cute!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

#261775 - 05/05/06 07:53 AM
michele

Thanks Blondie! I would prefer the house to be on a less busy road but we do live in the city afterall! I don't think the new house they build today have the charm of these older ones. Don't get me wrong, if I had the money, I'd move to a big, fancy house but for now, my 84 year old house suits me just fine!

--------------------

#261793 - 05/05/06 08:41 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Your house is adorable! Do you have any of the Craftsman-style touches inside? I also love the garden pics. I am in envy, we have 2 1/2 acres of land but I am totally garden-clueless and have NO idea what to do with any of it. Any suggestions?

We also have an old house -- it was built in 1880. I love old houses, but they do have their drawbacks. Although ours is a two-story and is probably bigger than yours (about 1800 SF if you count the two enclosed porches), it drives me nuts to have no storage, wonky electricity, creaky leaky windows, and an "afterthought" bathroom only big enough for a claustrophobic shower stall. But, it's all worth it for the character, right?

I saw your other post about trying the Enbrel -- I hope that it starts working for you.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#261796 - 05/05/06 08:43 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

81 years? Pah, think yourself lucky - our house was built in 1840!! Victorian red brick house, though the front is rendered white now.

I actually like it, as it has loads of character and the rooms are bigger and higher than they are in modern houses over here in the UK. Two drawbacks though - firstly the walls aren't straight, so decorating's a pain, and also it used to have an outside loo, so the old owners built a new bathroom - unfortunatley it's downstairs, through the dining room and kitchen, just before you hit the garden. We're currently turning the office into a lovely IBS0-friendly upstairs bathroom though!

And know what you mean about a busy road, we're right by one too. OK other than when massive lorries come down the road and the house shakes!

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6226

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review