All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Re: i have a friend that did that.... new
      #261387 - 05/03/06 04:37 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

she was actually just talking to me about it last week, i'm not sure why...but we were talking about it, and she does the botox thing too...she says it's helped alot. she pays $800 a year and gets one injection a year.....and said it really helps, becuase it can be embarassing. i asked if i could get injections in my hands, becuase my palms sweat SOO bad...but i guess they can take out a nerve, which i am thinking some time to explore, becasue it's out of control too!!

but i guess it's really helped with her

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#261396 - 05/03/06 05:55 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Wow, that seems very expensive. Does she have health insurance?

In your hands, huh? That must be tough.

Re: Anyone else have excessive underarm sweating? A treatment option that I'm exploring. new
      #261397 - 05/03/06 05:57 PM
Sara-Sage

I'd go for the flabby underams over sweaty ones.

I have been working out like mad so I hope my arms aren't flabby anymore and are toned. But even if they're not perfect, I still prefer no sleeves!

Re: Anyone else have excessive underarm sweating? A treatment option that I'm exploring. new
      #261400 - 05/03/06 06:14 PM
LalaBlue

Reged: 05/15/05
Loc: Earth

Hi folks,

I joined the site a while ago and haven't been back in a while...

I tried Botox injections to treat sweating a while back. The injections were not too bad but they did sting a little. However, the entire process did not take long for the doctor to do, a few minutes max. I had some discomfort for a day after the treatment but after that I was fine. For me, the injections did not completely stop my sweating so I decided not to keep spending the money.

As for deodorants, try Lavilin. For me, it's the best deodorant ever invented. It's slightly more expensive than regular deodorants but it's worth the money. Also, a small container of it lasts a while. You can buy it on the internet. I haven't found it in stores. Be sure to follow the directions as it can cause rashes.

Good luck with the injections.

Regards,
Lala

I definitely do.............. new
      #261406 - 05/03/06 07:34 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

If you find that this or anything helps or works please do let me know. It has been so embrassing and I have to plan my whole wardrobe aroud it. I can't buy the colours I like, the styles I like. It is just in my underarms that this happens. If I wear nice colours, which actually look better on me than black or brown I always have to layer. It doesn't matter if it is the middle of winter or the summertime I sweat just the same. It is funny though, when I workout I am never drenched in sweat like some people. My button up dress shirts for work are the WORST I have the marks before I even get to work!! then I have to walk around with my arms down and clenched tight all day. It is definitele worse around my period too which makes me wonder if it isn't partly hormonal but I have never looked into it. I have always used scent free laundry detergent and no dryer sheets and it hasn't helped me any with this problem, just thought I would mention that as someone has suggested to try it.
Anyway, please let me know what you find out,
Bethany

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: YUP!! new
      #261409 - 05/03/06 07:59 PM
LostCode

Reged: 04/04/06

I had this for about 2 weeks not too long ago. It only happened at night though. My armpits absolutely wreaked. I was drinking 72 oz. of water a night after waking up each hour sweating through my armpits and having a very dry mouth. It just gradually decreased to the point where it doesn't happen anymore but I can relate to what you're going through.

I got this after taking antibiotics for a couple of days and a Benadryl after I had to go to the Emergency Room because of the antibiotics side effects. I wish I had an answer for you. It could also be anxiety related too.

--------------------
Jon - (IBS C)

me too.. new
      #261429 - 05/04/06 04:59 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

let me know how the botox goes.. I was on perscription deoderant/antiperspirant for years but someone introduced me to arrid XX and it is better then the others, but still not perfect and a lot less then 10$ for less then amonth supply...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#261439 - 05/04/06 06:20 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My bestfriend has the same problem but I don't think she's aware that there are actually treatment options for it!!

I'll have to let her know!!

Good luck!!!

#261453 - 05/04/06 07:02 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

no, she pays out of pocket. it's only once a year, but we live in the bay area, california, where everyone botoxes everything...so it may be cheaper where your at!!

yeah, i hate being a "sweaty palmer" thats what people alway call me, nice huh?

#261466 - 05/04/06 07:42 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes, do let her know! I first heard about the Botox thing for treating in on a City Tv Breakfast Television show from Toronto last year.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5061 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5518

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review