All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)
As a D, you'll notice a few changes... new
      #261041 - 05/02/06 10:14 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

-Bras are more expensive
-More women will notice than men
-Shirts will be fitting differently (duh, right?)
-You're lower half may decide it wants in on the growth (at least mine always does)
-Men will still stare. It doesn't matter how big or small, how they're shaped, or even if they're in the right place, to most men, a boob is a boob and that's all they care about.

*Victoria's Secret has some very attractive and stylish and comfortable D size bras. Fredericks of Hollywood also has good stuff.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: BRA QUESTION for the women! new
      #261048 - 05/02/06 10:35 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If your twins are nice and perky, that will do the trick. It's sort of the equivalent of the shelf bras they put in some tank tops now, but it'll fit better because it's not attached to something else.

Personally, that would never work for me. I have this one (well, ok, a similar one, that one doesn't come in a DD), which is a good choice if you decide you need more support than a shelf bra.

Re: Holy Mama! new
      #261061 - 05/02/06 10:52 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Well, the fact that they defy gravity, in spite of their sudden "inflation" is definitely in your favour--truly a good thing. I would rather be borderline flat then big and sagging. I still have that pubescent chest--ugh!

It must be rather like waking up in a different body!

I hate bras--too confining.

Drugs do strange things to us. Hehe, Nelly has 'hooters.' Just teasing. I'd be jealous, but they just don't match my body. You have the advantage of being really tall.

Kate.

Re: As an E (or F or G, depending on the bra!), you may also... new
      #261073 - 05/02/06 11:22 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

- Get marks in your back and shoulders from bras so that even when you take your bra off, it leaves a little something behind

- Knock yourself unconscious when running down a flight of stairs

- Have people "accidently" hit you in the boob when they are walking by, gesturing with their hands while they talk to you, anything really when they think there is more space in front of your body but, oh no, it's all boob.

- When standing, find yourself slowing tipping forward

I have actually not noticed that more people look at my chest than other girls I go out with, even if their boobs are way smaller. Unless you put them out on display or something. I notice more women comment on it to me, though. One day this girl was looking and looking at work and I finally went, "What??" and she said, "Your boobs really are huge!" Gee, thanks. Then, like 2 weeks later, she was like, "So when are you going to get your boobs done?" 'cause I had mentioned being on a waitlist for a reduction. Oh my!

Welcome to the club! Treat them nicely, and buy good bras! Otherwise, ouch ouch ouch!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Holy Mama! new
      #261075 - 05/02/06 11:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yeah, at least I'm tall, so they kinda go. I'm wearing the 36D bra today, and it's *still* pinching my side, like cutting into my soft fleshy under-armpit where my boob ends. If I had the guts, I'd just try a DD bra on. But I don't want to go back to that department store! *shudder*

As it is, I'm going to go topside commando tomorrow. Just have to find a suit jacket that hides nipplage. Sigh.

~nelly~

Re: BRA QUESTION for the women! new
      #261078 - 05/02/06 11:25 AM
Stephie

Hi Tina,

When I was graduating from high school, I was a D.. just about a DD probably and I wanted to wear this really pretty dress with tiny straps.
My friend's mom had a bra from Victoria Secret that looked almost identical to the one in your picture and it seemed to do the trick pretty nicely.
The more the fabric wraps around and holds everything in place, the better. The pic of the one Casey showed looked good too because of the underwire but something like that would literally just slide off me gradually through the day, even when I was still a D. I would try both on and giggle around and stuff and see which one starts to slip down. Also, try different sizes in everything because it is so strange with bra sizes.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

For all the D or bigger ladies, the BEST bra store in the world! new
      #261089 - 05/02/06 11:43 AM
Stephie

Hey guys,

I discovered this store while I was in London and even though I can't go to the physical store anymore, I still shop there online.
I would definitely, DEFINITELY recommend checking it out. It has a sizing guide, so you can figure out your exact size and then you can order online. If it doesn't fit exactly, you can send it back. It's a big of a pain BUT they are the ONLY bras I have ever had that fit me.
PLUS, they have bathingsuits, tank tops and halters and strapless tops with built in REAL BRAS, as well as button up shirts that would gap, suit jackets, casual jackets... everything!
It is my favourite store in the whole world!
Check it out: Bravissimo .
It is AWESOME!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Weight Loss and Breast Reduction new
      #261090 - 05/02/06 11:47 AM
Stephie

Hiya,

Yep, the weight loss thing is proving a real issue for me. I have not been able to consistently get ONE POUND less than I was at my consultation in November.
But like Kimm said, if you boobs are mostly fat tissue than they can grow back.. and that seems like a pretty bad idea. My breasts are definitely still big when I am skinny, but they have obviously gotten quite a lot bigger since I put on 35 lbs so I need to get some of that off... If I don't, and I get called in for surgery I'll have to say No.
I have also heard that if you get it done and THEN lose the weight, your breasts get all saggy and stuff. A girl I used to work with had it done and then lost about 20 lbs, and her nipples are way up high on her chest now and her boobs kind hang beneath them... its not pretty!

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Re: For all the D or bigger ladies, the BEST bra store in the world! new
      #261120 - 05/02/06 01:28 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

OMG THANKS!!!!!!!!!

Re: BRA QUESTION for the women!
      #261122 - 05/02/06 01:30 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

True, it might not hold me up.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 221 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26217

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review