All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Here I am!!!!!! new
      #260644 - 04/29/06 02:29 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Thanks for answering my post BL. I failed to congratulate you on your new phase in life!! I know you love this house, it sounds so relaxing and happy. Good to know you have nice neighbors and new friends, I love the cold drink and snack thing.

I live in the country and sit outside in my fav chair and read or just relax enjoying the spring breezes!! I think I need to purchase a little table so I can have my drinks out there too!!

How are your feet????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Gigi new
      #260646 - 04/29/06 02:45 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

My feet are still bothering me. I had a cortisone injection in my right foot several months ago (right after we moved into the new house), and that helped temporarily, but now the pain has returned. The doctor said the only other option is surgery. Both feet are killing me. What am I supposed to do? Have surgery on both feet and not be able to even walk to the bathroom? If I have to have surgery on both---at separate times---I will be on crutches most of the summer!!!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do. He sent me to have custom orthodics made for my shoes (I've tried them in the past without luck, but these are a different kind, so I decided to try it.) Well, the first week I wore them, my BACK problems returned! I had spasms in my back during hte day and trouble sleeping at night. They said the orthodics change your gait and thus, can hurt your back. I am not willing to go down that route again, but they insisted on trimming the orthodics and having me try them once again.

I just got them back from the lab and am only wearing them 30 minutes a day. We'll see what happens!

Thanks for asking.

Re: Orthotics new
      #260802 - 05/01/06 08:23 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey Bl! Sorry your having feet issues, that sucks! I've been wearing custom orthotics though since I was in the 5th grade!! I can't go without mine, I even wear them in slippers around the house. Be sure your shoes are deep enough to hold the orthotic so that your foot doesn't come out of the heel when you walk. I've even found some special sandals that will accommodate the orthotics so I can now wear capri pants and such in the summer. If your not used to wearing them, they can cause muscles to work that haven't been worked in a while and cause muscle spasms. Be sure to stretch everyday and that will help also!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 769 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2674

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review