All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: Hair Dye? new
      #260304 - 04/26/06 07:58 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

I am guessing we are about the same hair color from your photo. I usually go a shade or two darker than my natural color so it is a dark brown with red tones. My colorist recommends me not having washed my hair the day before I come in to have it colored. For some reason it helps hold the color better and since I am getting it shampooed there after the color it's clean again. When we do the shampoo it done with warm water...not hot and not cold. We use a color treated formula shampoo and deep conditioner since it seems to hold the color better. Then apply a protein spray, color and heat protection spray for the blow out.

I can honestly say that waiting then 48-72 hours to wash my hair after the color helps it last longer. I wash it with a gentle color treated shampoo and rinse with warm water. I do have some trace for the first two shampoos- part of which I guess is coming off the scalp according to my colorist and not the hair. I keep using a protein spray and heat protectant every time I wash and dry my hair. The plus is that since I switched to her I don't have to color my hair except for every eight to ten weeks! Much better than the normal 5 weeks I had been doing it. Let me know if you want to know the products that I have been using. Hope this helps.

Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hey Michelle new
      #260401 - 04/27/06 11:55 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I would love to know what products you use. Right now I'm using John Frieda's stuff...and I just talked to a cosmetician at the drug store and she said that she thought I should be using the "red" color protect instead of the brunette, just because there is so much underlying red to my color and red is the hardest color to hold. I can apparently return it so I guess it's worth a shot.

Re: Hair Dye? new
      #260402 - 04/27/06 11:56 AM
Vicam

Thanks for the tips but sadly I dont' think either will work for me. I can't stand not washing my hair everyday...every other day is a huge stretch for me. And as for the cold water...that will never happen. I'm constantly shivering in the shower even thought it's hot...even the thought of using cold just drives me crazy! But I can see how it would help...guess I'll just have to resign myself to the fact that it's going to fade faster than I'd like.

Stupid Red! new
      #260403 - 04/27/06 11:59 AM
Vicam

I don't understand why red is so much harder to hold! I guess I could go straight brunette, but I kinda like the red tones and a lot of people have said they think it really suits me. I used to be a natural redhead when I was younger but then it gradually became blonde. I just bought a "red" color protect shampoo and conditionner so I figure I'll give that a try. Doing it at home just scares me so I just let it fade

Bethany new
      #260404 - 04/27/06 12:00 PM
Vicam

Thanks Glad you liked it...it's so different for me but I really love it...been a blonde a long time and it's nice to do something different...makes my sister and I look less alike too

Do you get your hair colored in London? If you do, would you mind if I asked where you go?

Franny new
      #260405 - 04/27/06 12:03 PM
Vicam

Well, even though there is a lot in the water, it doesn't look like the hair color itself is changing so I think it's ok. If by the end of a week and a half or so it's really faded I'll go back and complain and see if they'll redo it or touch it up or something.

Thanks - nt new
      #260406 - 04/27/06 12:04 PM
Vicam

Kimm new
      #260408 - 04/27/06 12:05 PM
Vicam

Nice to "see" you again I actually wanted the red tones so that part's ok...I just don't like how coppery it gets when it starts to fade too quickly. Maybe I'll try that suggestion of going darker...but I think it would be a bit of a shock to begin with. Is your hair color now different than in your pic?

Jo new
      #260410 - 04/27/06 12:08 PM
Vicam

Actually it is semi-permanent color...is that really bad? The colorist I went to said that's best for people with lighter hair...easier on the hair and that they don't normally go with permanent color unless they are trying to cover up greys. Maybe that's my whole problem right there!

Re: Bethany new
      #260422 - 04/27/06 12:57 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05

I have moved to Woodstock so i get my hair done here, it is sooo expensive I can't leave the place without spending at least $100. I have alot of hair , and i mean alot, long and really thick. I used to just go to Cutz across from Fanshawe but the only one I would see was Jessica. Hmm I will find out where my friend goes because she lives in London and gets her hair done all the time.

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 581 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3741

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review