Pages: 1
Nelly....
      #259860 - 04/24/06 11:10 AM
Computr821

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA/ Baltimore, MD

You gonna be in Philly again soon? Just wondrin'

--------------------
Why'd you have to go and make me so constipated?
--'Weird' Al Yankovic, "A Complicated Song"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nelly.... new
      #259873 - 04/24/06 12:21 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Not yet... Thanks for touching base! Not sure I'll make it in April. Maybe May?

~nelly~

Re: Nelly.... new
      #259930 - 04/24/06 05:32 PM
Computr821

Perhaps, though I will be leaving school after the first week of May and won't be back until the end of August. We shall see...

--------------------

Avidan new
      #259967 - 04/25/06 05:54 AM
Nelly

Are you going back to Bmore? I'm 45 mins away.

~nelly~

Re: Avidan new
      #259975 - 04/25/06 06:40 AM
Computr821

Indeed, forsooth, etc.

Avidan

--------------------

speaking of baltimore.. a little post hijack here :).. maryland peeps.. help wanted!! new
      #259980 - 04/25/06 07:09 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

As you may have heard, I accepted an internship in anne arundel county for next year! Basically, now I need to chose where to live! I need some help please...

One former intern recommended the annapolis area (I went to look at annapolis and some apartments the day after easter with my mom) and it is really cute.. however, it looked like a really sleepy town and I'm a little concerned that I didn't see many 20 somethings around (although local townspeople said that there is a nightlife there and that there are plenty of 20 somethings.. this is important bc I have no friends there as of yet!

Another intern mentioned that federal hill/canton area of baltimore is the way to go and that is where she lives. I haven't ever been (well i've been to baltimore in general and I didn't necessarily think it appeared to be the safest of cities in the world.. so that scares me a little) but from the pics of fed hill and canton it looks nice. The rents are a bit cheaper, but the places look a little more run down than in annapolis.

Anyways, i'm so torn.. there are pluses and minuses with regards to each location..

for example,
- I'd prefer to live alone, seeing that I am in my mid twenties and have had roomates my entire life. It seems a bit safer to live alone in annapolis (i'm not sure what fed hill/canton is like.. but i've heard that south baltimore is dangerous)
- I'm a little nervous about my brand new car and the street parking in baltimore
- however, i'm afraid annapolis might be a lot more rural, and i'm a bit used to the boston metropolitan area (although I can't say that I adore living in the city and would want to stay there forever in any way shape or form, but its probably best for people around my age in regards to making friends and meeting people)...

Any help or ideas about either area would be appreciated!

--------------------

Just my opinion new
      #259992 - 04/25/06 07:43 AM
Nelly

I would not live in that part of Baltimore. Like ever. It's not worth parking a new car there either. Go there and see how many new cars are parked there, and then make your decision.

Annapolis is where the guys are. I'd go sleepy over unsafe. (my strong opinion! )

~nelly~

thanks nelly.. new
      #260005 - 04/25/06 08:27 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

i've heard from the girl that fed hill and canton are safe, but i'm a little sketchy about it too!! esp cause my mom says that south baltimore is not a nice area, and thats near fed hill! thanks for your input!

--------------------

Re: speaking of baltimore.. a little post hijack here :).. maryland peeps.. help wanted!! new
      #260075 - 04/25/06 05:09 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I have never lived in either area however.... I have done the nightlife thing in both.

Fed Hill/Canton area ia alot safer than alot of other parts of Baltimore. It is the "trendy" place for young adults to live. Lots of people are buying houses there and rehabing them and selling them for twice as much. I know several people who live there and love it. That said...I myself would not feel safe living there and walking the streets at night if I was a young woman living alone. But my friends who live there say it is perfectly safe and that I am paranoid. And in all honesty I do tend to be a bit paranoid when it comes to safety.

I don't know alot about Annapolis but I love going there on day trips. It is so quaint and cute. It seems like a safe place but so do Fed Hill/Canton in the day.

I think there is crime everywhere and you just have to use some common sense. Like don't walk alone at night etc. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I wish you the best of luck in your decision.

And welcome to Baltimore Hon!

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

thanks tissy.. new
      #260086 - 04/25/06 06:20 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks tissy.. I think if I do chose baltimore i'll definitly need to find some roomates, because its not the kinda place i'd want to live alone in.. however, that is one of the drawbacks.. i'm not completely sold on having roomates. I know i'd meet more people that way, but I'm not at a point in my life were roomates sound all that appealing.

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 86 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 861

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review