All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Hey Ginger and Jen!
      #258627 - 04/18/06 07:06 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I just wanted to tell the other members of the future financially responsible Mom's club that I'm pregnant! I just found out last night (and Ginger, if I remember right the lines on your stick were very pale... mine too! We had to look it up on the internet to confirm if it was positive or not). It's still the first trimester, so here's hoping everything goes well! I'm going to the doctor on Monday for confirmation.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hey Ginger and Jen! new
      #258631 - 04/18/06 07:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

OMG!! I didn't even know you were trying!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! And yes, any second line, no matter how faint is a POSITIVE pregnancy test!!!! You won't believe how many early morning hours I spent trying to make out a second line that just wasn't there!! I'm so excited for you, hows your man taking it??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#258640 - 04/18/06 07:27 AM
chinagrl

Thanks!!!!! I'm very excited. It doesn't feel real yet... I think after I go to the doctor next Monday and she confirms it it might. Eric's very excited; we've been planning this for a long time but had to wait until I was done with course work so we started trying in January. We told our family's last night because it was my m-i-l's birthday and we knew she'd flip out. Believe it or not, I took an early test because I wanted to have a margarita but I didn't want to be drinking if I was... so no margarita for me.

YAY!!! new
      #258643 - 04/18/06 07:41 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Congrats!! I'm really happy for you!! Even when I took my test at the doctor it was faint, but definitely positive. I probably spent an hour on the internet and found the website of some woman who had tried all kinds of tests when she was pregnant, it was hilarious.
I'm sure everything will be great! Aren't you so happy? I can't believe I'm already 19 weeks. Time is going so fast. Good luck over the next few weeks--how far along do you think you are? I didn't start to feel any symptoms until I was about 8 weeks, so get ready for it!

--------------------

Re: YAY!!! new
      #258649 - 04/18/06 07:47 AM
chinagrl

Thanks! I don't think we're very far along at all. Two or three weeks at most. If the due date calculators are correct, somewhere around Christmas. I have felt a little more tired lately and my breasts have been sore, so this is why I thought something might be up. I'm not worried about morning sickness cause I'm nauseous all the time anyway. I imagine time will go fast. Yeah, I googled for info on the pregnancy test I took and found some helpful illustration where it was like: not positive: and showed a test with no second line, positive: and showed three tests one with a faint second line, so I was like, huh, I guess it's for real. It's very overwhelming right now. Hopefully you get more used to the idea?

#258745 - 04/18/06 02:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

AWESOME! Congrats Jenny! I'm so happy for you.
Keep us updated on the pregnancy!

--------------------

#258943 - 04/19/06 10:58 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Holy cow girl! How did I miss this? Congratulations! If I hadn't seen Angela's post I wouldn't have known! We are probably due pretty close together than. My due date is Dec. 1st but it's possible I'm a few weeks further along. I hope to find out in a couple of weeks.

#258996 - 04/19/06 02:05 PM
chinagrl

Thanks! And congrats to you! I haven't been around much so I've been catching up on the news. You're an old pro though! I'm a newbie who's freaking out at the idea and the physical changes.

Re: Congrats, girl! That's wonderful! new
      #259002 - 04/19/06 02:16 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Congratulations! -nt- new
      #259003 - 04/19/06 02:21 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Congratulations!!!!! new
      #259039 - 04/19/06 06:03 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Yay, Jenny!!! That's awesome, how exciting!! How long have you guys been trying? Were you actually formally trying or just "seeing what happens"?

Have you gotten "A Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" yet?

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Congratulations!!!!! new
      #259055 - 04/19/06 07:11 PM
chinagrl

Thanks!

We were officially trying- we started trying in January, so this was the fourth month of trying (and the first successful one, obviously).

And I haven't gotten the book yet- my friend just had a baby and she's going to loan me all of her books. I've read a bunch of them for free at Barnes and Noble, the one I'm most interested in is the one that shows you a picture of what it looks like every month.

I have to say, they're not kidding about the possible symptoms of pregnancy. Already not fun.

I see you're having a tough time with your drugs though- that really sucks. I hope you get good news soon and feel better! (Or at least worse for a good reason).

#259079 - 04/19/06 11:12 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Congratulations Jenny That's very exciting! Keep us posted on how everything is going!

#259092 - 04/20/06 05:14 AM
torbetta

I don't know about pro. I think I get more and more nervous with every baby. This one has already caused a lot of stresses that has been fun. We have a lot of decisions to make and not a lot of options. Maybe we are just making the whole thing complicated. We may have to get creative to find a place for this baby to sleep. I guess it's a good thing we have 7+ months left. Oh and speaking of physical changes, you should see me. I know this is #4 but I already look like I'm 12 weeks or more pg. I actually look pg and it scares me.

Congratulations, Jen! new
      #259551 - 04/21/06 08:30 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I'm so excited for you! I know you have been working so hard on your degree. How awesome to finally add to the family!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: Congratulations, Jen! new
      #259605 - 04/22/06 09:49 AM
chinagrl

Thanks! Yes... it is very exciting to finally get to make some adult decisions in my non-work life (I have a non-work life?)

I'm pondering just never telling my advisor at all...

Congratulations! new
      #259627 - 04/22/06 02:15 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

What wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!

--------------------
Janey

Thanks Janey! -nt- new
      #259638 - 04/22/06 03:02 PM
chinagrl

Congrats Jenny! new
      #259646 - 04/22/06 03:41 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Only seeing this now, big congratulations!

--------------------
S.

Re: Congrats Jenny! new
      #259666 - 04/22/06 07:47 PM
chinagrl

Thanks! I'm glad your wedding and honeymoon were so great.

Hey Jenny - how did your appointment go? -nt- new
      #260152 - 04/26/06 09:54 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Thanks for asking! new
      #260207 - 04/26/06 12:32 PM
chinagrl

I am definitely pregnant- but because my cycle is longer than 28 days all the info (about the week of pregnancy I'm in, what size it should be, etc.) is off. We looked at it on the ultrasound, and it was a tiny speck. So I have to go back in 3 weeks to look at it again and make sure it's afixed to the right location, it's not a twin (I don't think there's much possibility of that), etc. The downside is that I have to get copious amounts of blood drawn then, and giving blood is my number one phobia of all times. They assure me their nurse is good, but it doesn't really matter. The fun part was when the doctor called Eric "Daddy" which freaked him out (in a good way).

All in all, this appointment wasn't very exciting, but hopefully the next one will be more interesting.

Thanks for checking in on me Lurker Jen.

Re: Thanks for asking! new
      #260210 - 04/26/06 12:48 PM
michele

I'm glad the appt went well! It sounds like it was too early to see the heartbeat but I'll bet you'll see in next time!!! Giving blood is never fun but I've had so much taken, its not a big thing for me. Don't watch her do it and have Eric talk to you or distract you while she is doing it, that'll help!!

--------------------

#260224 - 04/26/06 01:56 PM
torbetta

I'm suprised they did a sonagram already. You can't see a hb until 6 weeks. Don't those sonagrams hurt. I had one Monday. We are only having 1, thank God and we got to hear the little hb. Zoe jumped when they turned on the sound. I go next Thursday for all the fun stuff, blood work, pap and internal. I hate those and my morning sickness is kicking in so I probably will be feeling wonderful at 9 am .

I can't wait to hear about the sonagram in 3 weeks. Please keep us updated. I don't post much but I check everyday.

#260228 - 04/26/06 02:11 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

I found that focussing on my breathing while they're drawing the blood very helpful. In and out 4 counts each. Look away and visualize a beach or something.

BTW - it's an aquired thing. I used to pass out practically, and when I was hospitalized with complications with Quinlan's pregnancy, they drew blood like every other day. After a while, it was like "here's my arm." or "which one do you want this time?". I had little needle tracks running along my veins on the insides of my elbows.

--------------------

#260234 - 04/26/06 02:45 PM
chinagrl

After reading the books, we were surprised about the ultrasound too. I think the doctor thought that it was further along than it turned out to be, and I think she's also cautious. She wanted to do blood tests after that to make sure everything was ok, but I talked her out of it until the next time I went in (the nurse had already promised me there would be no blood tests that time). Honestly, even though the test hurt (for very little), I really can deal with any kind of pain that's not a blood test. I don't know. So I'm not worried about the other things I've read. Well... unless we have to do that amnio thing for any reason. They're going to have to sedate me if they think that's happening.

And that's awesome that you got to hear the heartbeat (and that it's only one). I look forward to that. Any tips or things to expect you have to tell me about, I'd appreciate.

#260236 - 04/26/06 02:47 PM
chinagrl

Thanks! That's good advice... it's similar to what my orthodontist had me do when I was getting impressions. I will give it a go and let you know. I would hope I'd get less hysterical as time goes on. I'm going to have to chant to myself, "but you get a baby. you get a baby."

#260255 - 04/26/06 03:47 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I was wondering how it went, too. So do you know approximately how many weeks you are, then?

Good luck w/ the blood thing. I really hate it, too -- I always think I'm going to vomit, but so far I never have. My veins disappear the minute a needle comes near, so I usually have to be stuck 2-3 times to get anything. My record so far is 5 sticks.

Keep us updated!! I have to live vicariously through all of you pregnant women right now. (ohhh, that sounds so pathetic ... )

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Yeah, the terrible things we put up with... new
      #260260 - 04/26/06 04:19 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

to have a baby! Good thing men don't have babies! They'd never handle it!
Take good care of yourself, sweetie!
Here's a hug for your bloodwork. (((((((HUGE HUG)))))))

--------------------

#260270 - 04/26/06 04:48 PM
chinagrl

I have a guess how many weeks I am based on the date I think we conceived... but she couldn't give me a due date based on the dot (I told you, it was a disappointing dot). I think being stuck many times was how I got phobic about needles, actually. When I was little I was in the hospital for a while and the nurse spent an afternoon stabbing me in the arm trying to get a vein before she finally switched to the other side for the IV. I've been traumatized ever since. My mother used to promise me ice cream if I could keep the freaking out to a minimum. And you can live vicariously through me (I hope it's not pathetic, I've been doing it for a while myself).

chinagrl *DELETED* new
      #260346 - 04/27/06 07:34 AM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

#260350 - 04/27/06 07:49 AM
michele

So, how many weeks are you guessing that you are?? I've had so many trans vaginal ultrasounds, you get used to it after a while. I'm sure you'll only be getting one more. For the "normal" women (remember, I'm not normal when it comes to this stuff! ) some dr's will do an early u/s, around 8 weeks or so to date the pregnancy, then you usually don't get another one until the "big" ultrasound they do around 20 weeks. The big ultrasound though is just a belly ultrasound and they don't usually hurt too much, just a lot of pressure and pushing. I have a very tipped uterus and they can never get the belly ones to show what they need to see so I also get the internal ones. I had to have them daily when I was on the fertility injections to check egg growth!

As long as you are under 35 and there isn't a history of family problems, you shouldn't need the amnio. Also, if you KNOW you wouldn't terminate the pregnancy is something was wrong, then there's not much sense in doing it in the first place since it can cause complications. They were trying to talk Will and I into it with the twins but I refused, knowing I wouldn't abort if there was a problem. Turns out it was irrelevant but it is ultimately your decision to make. My twins were healthy baby girls, as were 2 of my other babies, its my body that has the problem. Sorry, not sure why I got into all that again.

As far as hearing the heartbeat, if they are doing the internal ultrasound, you can sometimes hear it through the ultrasound machine as early as 6-6.5 weeks! You should definitely be hearing it by 7-8 weeks. Most of the u;trasound machine can also print pictures so be sure to ask for one at your next visit. I have all the ones from my twins and its just amazing to see how fast they grow. Granted, I was having ultrasounds every two weeks because of my history but its still a cool thing to have!

--------------------

How exciting! new
      #260352 - 04/27/06 08:00 AM
epa_ginger

My cycle is weird too, which is why I haven't really banked on my "due date" since I haven't had an ultrsound yet---which I will get today!! I can't wait. As long as they don't slip and tell me the sex I'll be happy. We REALLY don't want to know for some reason, not even tempted!
I'm about 20 weeks right now, and I just started feeling the baby move a LOT in the last week. I was out of town this week for work and I hardly ever felt alone with all the movement down there. Very cool. I have also seemed to grow exponentially lately. I was putting off buying a swimsuit (I spend a lot of time at my inlaws summer cottage every year), and I finally went this week and got two regular tankinis which actually cover more than I thought and are pretty cute!

I didn't enjoy the blood work either but once it's over it doesn't seem so bad. Just don't look! (that's what I usually do). And be prepared to pee all the time, which really won't be difficult. I basically have to go every time I stand up now!

--------------------

Thanks! new
      #260356 - 04/27/06 08:05 AM
chinagrl

Yep, this is our first child. And no, I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl. I admire Ginger and others for waiting, but I'm not big on surprises (and I'm curious about everything)and if I could know now, I would love to.

Re: How exciting! *DELETED* new
      #260357 - 04/27/06 08:06 AM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04

Post deleted by Jeano

Yes, my first!! I'll post another belly pic later today....-nt new
      #260360 - 04/27/06 08:12 AM
epa_ginger

--------------------

#260362 - 04/27/06 08:13 AM
chinagrl

Thanks for all the info Michelle. I would guess that I am about to finish up my fifth week (adding the 2 extra weeks at the beginning). So I'm pretty definite the embryo is about 21 days old (or, not going to be a baby for a very, very long time). I honestly don't know what we would do if there was something wrong with it- we've begun talking about it some. I admire your ability to know you wouldn't though. I remember about your twins, that was so sad. It seems like they finally might know how to fix the problems though, right? Are you all going to try again? And I admire your generosity with sharing this info and happiness with me. I will keep my fingers crossed for you, as you really, really deserve it.

And they totally did give us a picture of the dot. I showed it to some friends (who had just had their own and thus were used to ultrasound pictures) and it was so indistinct they couldn't locate it on the picture. I told family they should wait for a later picture because this one was not very informative.

Also, I have a tipped uterus too, so thanks for the heads up that the probe and I might continue to be friends. The belly one I've had before to check my organs (IBS related) and I've had a echocardiogram on my heart (pretty much the same thing) so that's no big deal. I can't imagine doing a probe one every day though! Wow.

Re: How exciting! new
      #260390 - 04/27/06 10:39 AM
chinagrl

Ooh! How exciting that you get to see the baby today! (And also that regular tankinis fit- I will keep that in mind since I'll need a bathing suit in August. Hopefully I won't be more than slightly chubby). I can't believe you're not even tempted to know. Wow. I look forward to seeing your new pictures! I don't know if we'll take any of me with a baby tummy. I don't like pictures of me skinny, let alone pregnant.

#260391 - 04/27/06 10:44 AM
michele

Yeah, the "probe" ultrasound (AKA dildocam!! ) gets to be no fun when you're doing them daily. However, it was neat to see what your ovary's do throughout the month and see the egg follicles develope! I had a great nurse that always did mine, thats pretty much all she did all day so she was really good at it and it usually didn't hurt. You just have to remember to relax.

The new RE thinks its my immune system. Thats also whats giving me the RA (rheumotoid arthritis) so when/if we try again, I'll be on steroids and daily injections of lovenix, a blood thinner. We have to get the Ra under control first though. My blood work is still coming back showing a lot of inflammation and I have a LOT of swelling, especially in my fingers, toes, and wrists. Most all my joints hurt but hopefully the medication I'm on will kick in soon and I'll start feeling better. I'm seeing my rheumy doc Monday and he may put me on Enbrel or Humara (sp?) which are both injections to help get the RA under control. I need to feel well for a couple of months before we try again. Right now, I'm thinking we might try in the fall but it depends on my health.

If you're only 5 weeks or so, a dot is all that you should see!! LOL!! We saw the heartbeats and were able to measure beats per minute when I was 6 weeks exactly, or 4 weeks after ovulation. You couldn't see much else, other than a blinking spot which was there hearts. Each week though, you could see more and more. By eight weeks, we could make out the head, body and arm/leg buds! Its very amazing!

--------------------

Jenny new
      #260614 - 04/29/06 05:47 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That is great! I am so excited for you.

Thanks BL! new
      #260625 - 04/29/06 09:23 AM
chinagrl

I'm glad you're settling into your new house- I look forward to seeing pictures!

Re: Congrats Jenny! Lots of luck with your pregnancy! -nt- new
      #260695 - 04/30/06 05:36 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 469 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5810

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review