Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks for asking! new
      #260207 - 04/26/06 12:32 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I am definitely pregnant- but because my cycle is longer than 28 days all the info (about the week of pregnancy I'm in, what size it should be, etc.) is off. We looked at it on the ultrasound, and it was a tiny speck. So I have to go back in 3 weeks to look at it again and make sure it's afixed to the right location, it's not a twin (I don't think there's much possibility of that), etc. The downside is that I have to get copious amounts of blood drawn then, and giving blood is my number one phobia of all times. They assure me their nurse is good, but it doesn't really matter. The fun part was when the doctor called Eric "Daddy" which freaked him out (in a good way).

All in all, this appointment wasn't very exciting, but hopefully the next one will be more interesting.

Thanks for checking in on me Lurker Jen.

Re: Thanks for asking! new
      #260210 - 04/26/06 12:48 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm glad the appt went well! It sounds like it was too early to see the heartbeat but I'll bet you'll see in next time!!! Giving blood is never fun but I've had so much taken, its not a big thing for me. Don't watch her do it and have Eric talk to you or distract you while she is doing it, that'll help!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#260224 - 04/26/06 01:56 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I'm suprised they did a sonagram already. You can't see a hb until 6 weeks. Don't those sonagrams hurt. I had one Monday. We are only having 1, thank God and we got to hear the little hb. Zoe jumped when they turned on the sound. I go next Thursday for all the fun stuff, blood work, pap and internal. I hate those and my morning sickness is kicking in so I probably will be feeling wonderful at 9 am .

I can't wait to hear about the sonagram in 3 weeks. Please keep us updated. I don't post much but I check everyday.

#260228 - 04/26/06 02:11 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I found that focussing on my breathing while they're drawing the blood very helpful. In and out 4 counts each. Look away and visualize a beach or something.

BTW - it's an aquired thing. I used to pass out practically, and when I was hospitalized with complications with Quinlan's pregnancy, they drew blood like every other day. After a while, it was like "here's my arm." or "which one do you want this time?". I had little needle tracks running along my veins on the insides of my elbows.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#260234 - 04/26/06 02:45 PM
chinagrl

After reading the books, we were surprised about the ultrasound too. I think the doctor thought that it was further along than it turned out to be, and I think she's also cautious. She wanted to do blood tests after that to make sure everything was ok, but I talked her out of it until the next time I went in (the nurse had already promised me there would be no blood tests that time). Honestly, even though the test hurt (for very little), I really can deal with any kind of pain that's not a blood test. I don't know. So I'm not worried about the other things I've read. Well... unless we have to do that amnio thing for any reason. They're going to have to sedate me if they think that's happening.

And that's awesome that you got to hear the heartbeat (and that it's only one). I look forward to that. Any tips or things to expect you have to tell me about, I'd appreciate.

#260236 - 04/26/06 02:47 PM
chinagrl

Thanks! That's good advice... it's similar to what my orthodontist had me do when I was getting impressions. I will give it a go and let you know. I would hope I'd get less hysterical as time goes on. I'm going to have to chant to myself, "but you get a baby. you get a baby."

#260255 - 04/26/06 03:47 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I was wondering how it went, too. So do you know approximately how many weeks you are, then?

Good luck w/ the blood thing. I really hate it, too -- I always think I'm going to vomit, but so far I never have. My veins disappear the minute a needle comes near, so I usually have to be stuck 2-3 times to get anything. My record so far is 5 sticks.

Keep us updated!! I have to live vicariously through all of you pregnant women right now. (ohhh, that sounds so pathetic ... )

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: Yeah, the terrible things we put up with... new
      #260260 - 04/26/06 04:19 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

to have a baby! Good thing men don't have babies! They'd never handle it!
Take good care of yourself, sweetie!
Here's a hug for your bloodwork. (((((((HUGE HUG)))))))

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#260270 - 04/26/06 04:48 PM
chinagrl

I have a guess how many weeks I am based on the date I think we conceived... but she couldn't give me a due date based on the dot (I told you, it was a disappointing dot). I think being stuck many times was how I got phobic about needles, actually. When I was little I was in the hospital for a while and the nurse spent an afternoon stabbing me in the arm trying to get a vein before she finally switched to the other side for the IV. I've been traumatized ever since. My mother used to promise me ice cream if I could keep the freaking out to a minimum. And you can live vicariously through me (I hope it's not pathetic, I've been doing it for a while myself).

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 171 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5829

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review