All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
For once, a great experience at the airport!
      #258600 - 04/18/06 04:56 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hey All, happy little story for ya. I was in Pittsburgh / the suburbs the past few days to visit my college roommate and my favorite aunt / cousin / nieces this past weekend. I had Wed-Fri and Mon off from school so it was a perfect time. (I celebrate Easter on the Orthodox calendar so that's this coming weekend for us). Anyway it was a fantastic weekend, and I got a cheap ticket because I had to connect in Detroit (even though that's West of Pgh!). Anyway my roommie's brother drove me to the airport when it was convenient for him, which got me there at 5pm for a 7:15 flight. I had some dinner, strolled around, and started walking to my gate when I realized that I was an idiot for not having tried to get on an earlier flight or a direct flight to NY. Anyway I said oh well and sat down at my gate a little bit before 7. The second I sat down, the airline guy called my name up at the podium, told me they'd oversold the flight, and that he was putting me on a direct flight to newark and giving me an additional voucher for a round trip anywhere in the US. I couldn't believe it! My new flight took off like a half hour later and I got home two hours earlier than planned. I guess it doesn't seem like that big a deal but I usually dread the hassle of flying so it was just like pennies from heaven. Anyway hope you all had good weekends too!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Dontcha love that? new
      #258607 - 04/18/06 06:09 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Love it Panda, good news stories. You never expect good things like that to happen at the aiport. We got upgraded on honeymoon and it was amazing. I bet you smiled the whole flight home!

--------------------
S.

Re: For once, a great experience at the airport! new
      #258628 - 04/18/06 07:09 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh that's wonderful! I have sat through delayed flights and other airport stuff so I appreciate your positive experience!

Awesome!~nt~ new
      #258650 - 04/18/06 07:52 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

wow- thats wonderful! new
      #258857 - 04/19/06 05:52 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

my personal favorite travel story about airlines goes back many years and involves 2 extra days at my grandparents and 9 tickets on 2 airlines... and also winding up with all kinds of free meals during a layover in the atlanta airport on a thanksgiving weekend when I was in high school.. I wound up missing 2 days of school.. but mom, sis and I got bounced 3 times.. twice in Hilton Head- then they rerouted us through Savanah and atlanta and we got bounced again there...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

ooh how cool! you should use that flight to visit me in BOSTON! hehe -nt- new
      #258871 - 04/19/06 06:28 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2066 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 597

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review