All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
oh my god
      #258418 - 04/16/06 11:34 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

worst pains ever....and i thought i was stablizing but i`ve had the worst cramps in two years today. They make me cry. admittedly I have had chocolate today but no more than i normally have (and handle) and i`ve come on but never have they been this bad before.Im not getting d just bad bad bad cramps.

Any quick tips? other than pepermint tea, colfac tablets and a hot water bottle???

I`m sure its just a blip and it will pass but i am in agony!

Oh and my boyfriends mum said its all in my head today...urrrrrrrrrrrrgh and i thought she understood.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
Jo xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Really hot baths help me when that happens. Feel better soon. *nt* new
      #258419 - 04/16/06 11:56 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Re: oh my god new
      #258498 - 04/17/06 08:40 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Are you feeling any better today??

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#258590 - 04/18/06 03:42 AM
pinkprincess

I`m feeling alot better than on easter sunday, thankyou michele. I had to work yesterday and didn`t feel too good but I`m getting back on track now....its just horrible when it happens, especially when everyone around you is sat there scofiing their faces with easter eggs! Well at least I`ll stay slimmer (I`ve gotta think of the positive things or i`ll go mad!)

I should be having my camera down my throat soon I`ve been waiting four months and the list is six months long so I should recieve an appointment soon (hopefully...I just want it over with!)at least then I`ll know if its coeliacs or ibs. If it is ibs I am going to try and get refered to a hypnosis.

I`m wondering if the pain could be associated with my periods (not eliminated endometritus yet) but my periods are worse on the b.c pill and I thought it was supposed to make them lighter. (the main reason the dr. put me on it...to eliminate the pain and make them lighter...hmmmm). All the other times I have been on the pill they`ve been lighter. oh well, I see him again in July anyway. So not too long.

I start yoga (with my mum!) on monday...so hopefully that will help.

Thankyou for asking how I was feeling and reading my ramble. I hope you are well michele (and everybody else).

hugs
Jo xx

--------------------

#258644 - 04/18/06 07:42 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. It can take some time to get over a bad attack like that. Yes, its always best to try and find something, anything, positive when you're feeling sick or down. Its funny, I've switched over to D mode the last 2 days and have been in the potty about every 20 minutes and while I was hunch over the last time thinking my inside were coming out, I too, thought, well, this has got to be good for at least 10 pounds!! You do what you can to get through it!

Hopefully, they won't make you wait too much longer to get the endoscope done. I had one about 4 years or so ago and it wasn't bad at all, I just had a sore throat for a day or two after.

Did they switch the brand of BC pill you are taking? Different brands have different levels of hormones, so maybe this one is either too strong or not strong enough.

I JUST ordered a yoga tape!! We will have to compare notes to see how we like it!! I expect my tape in the mail by the end of the week!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#259567 - 04/22/06 04:12 AM
pinkprincess

Yeah definately!! Although I really cannot be bothered going to yoga as I have so much university work to do. My mum is a determined little lady so I know she`ll make me go. Which is good I suppose.

D is horrid isn`t it...better out than in I suppose! And I have been fine since my period finished so its definately connected.

I`ve been on this BC pill before and I was fine with it. But it was before my ibs started. I`ve tried other bc pills but I`ve been worse on them than this one.

I`m dreading the endoscope. Once I`ve had that done do you know if there is any other tests I should have to eliminate things? I`ve had loads of blood tests, a pelvis scan/ultrasound and a colonoscopy but I always worry that they miss things.

Good luck with your yoga vid! Let me know how it goes.

Hope your ok
Jo x

--------------------

#259630 - 04/22/06 02:21 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Gosh I hate the "it's all in your head" crap.

Sometimes I wish I had the power to transfer my stomach pain over to people like that....just for 5 minutes so they could feel the agony we have to deal with all the time.

Hope you're feeling better!! Hang in there!!

#259911 - 04/24/06 02:35 PM
pinkprincess

I know! its just so annoying! Thanks for your message.

Had my first yoga lesson tonight and it was ok. I didnt need the loo once! I recommend it! and i didnt fart in class...that is what i was dreading...someone else did though! so I shouldnt be embarresed if i do it!

hope u r all well

hugs
jo

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1831 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 750

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review