All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
need some support
      #257741 - 04/12/06 05:59 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

So last night I had one of the worst IBS attacks of my life. I was just miserable...with the cramps, D, nausea, etc... And today I am still feeling crummy. I was so stable and doing so well... I ate nothing strange, and did not have any high levels of stress..this just came out of the blue, and I am feeling pretty down about it all. I just need to hear that this too will pass and I will get stable again, but it's so hard to believe now... blech... I guess I shall try to get some sleep. Thanks for listening folks!

--------------------
IBS-A

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I wonder... new
      #257756 - 04/12/06 07:11 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

if it wasn't a bug or a touch of food poisoning. I had the same thing Monday night...I have been stable but used to be a "C" (constipated...compacted...confounded...any other "C" word that would apply ).

I had a tummy ache and had to "go"...had another tummy ache and "went" again...was mid-conversation with my husband and started having "contractions" and had a major "explosion" (thank goodness the bathroom was nearby!). Not sure if it is IBS or food poisoning.

For those of you with "D", if this is what it is like for you on a daily basis, I am so sorry. I just can't imagine...though I would likely be thinner than I am now!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: I wonder... new
      #257828 - 04/12/06 10:20 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I get "out of the blue" attacks as well. Its very frustrating but yes, it too shall pass! Hugs, hope you are feeling better today!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

update... new
      #257866 - 04/12/06 12:44 PM
Aly

Still really cramping up today. This is a bit different from what I am used to. I have severe cramps but am not going at all today...any advice as to something that can help? I took a bath and am drinking my peppermint tea. Still, these cramps without BMs certainly are hurting:( Thanks for listening!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: update... new
      #257867 - 04/12/06 12:59 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Have you tried the heating pad? Maybe some tylenol? My tummy gets serious cramps not related to having bm's as well and I find its usually a wait it out kind of thing. Maybe try some gas-x and stretches to be sure your not having gas bubbles trapped! Do you have any anti spasms meds on hand, like Bentyl or Donnatol?

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#257916 - 04/12/06 03:23 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I agree with Rachel. Are you sure it isn't a bug? I was up about every 20 minutes the other night with D, and that is NOT my IBS! I have had a fever, cough, and the whole thing, so I figure that was just another part of my illness.

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#257935 - 04/12/06 04:48 PM
Aly

Yeah, I have a heating pad on now and took some levsin. I finally gave in and paged the doc. He thinks I could be a bit constipated even though I had some D yesterday... I now have tons of rumbling but so far...no BMs. The levsin is helping I think, but wow--this is horrible. I'm just so glad there are people out there that can understand the pain and frustration. My wonderful boyfriend even held my hand in the bathroom for awhile! haha/..now thats love!

--------------------
IBS-A

updated update... new
      #257961 - 04/12/06 10:22 PM
Aly

so its 1am and my belly is STILL cramping, no sleep...and this is going on 3 days now. I think I'm going to call my doc in the AM. Has this happened to anyone?:
A day of stomach cramps and lots of BMs
Never fully finishing
Continuing cramps getting more severe over time
big waves of loud gurgles (which usually means things are on their way out!)...
followeed by nothing but pain.
any ideas??
This sucks!!!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: updated update... new
      #257962 - 04/12/06 11:35 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

What are your BMs like? I know, TMI, but if they're sticky or greasy looking or chunky or have a foul order, it could be an infection due to a parasite, like giardia. Still, just from on the gurgles and severity of the attack I would say it's probably a GI viral or bacterial infection. Ugh. You poor thing!

I'm glad that you're calling your doctor in the morning. It does sound more like an infection than an IBS attack.

I'm sorry you're up so late and in pain. So I guess nothing you've tried has made you feel better?

Re: updated update... new
      #257985 - 04/13/06 06:19 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

It sounds a lot like what my attacks used to be. If it was a food poisoning type thing then you'd probably be having a lot more D that would just clean you out. You should go to the doctor to make sure everything is ok, since this isn't something you've gone through before. Keep drinking tons of peppermint tea in the meantime. What foods and/or meds have you tried to feel better?

Hope you get some relief soon!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 270 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1667

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review