All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Bit Late... new
      #258369 - 04/15/06 05:36 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

A is for age: 30

B is for Booze of choice: Moscato

C is for career: administrative assistant

D is for your dog's name: Chloe

E is for essential items you use everyday: Email, computer, mp3 player, blow dryer, dishwasher

F is for favorite song at the moment: "Save us all" by Jeff Austin Black

G is for favorite games: Sudoku, othello, trivia pursuit

H is for hometown: Clinton

I is for instruments you play: Wish I could play, but unable to read music.

J is for jam or jelly you like: strawberry or apricot

K is for Kids: None unless you count my "inner kid"

L is for last kiss: Friday morning when my fiance left to go launch our boat

M is for most admired trait: determination

N is for the name of your crush: Bruiser (the rottweiler/lab mix next door) I really wish he was my dog too!

O is for overnight hospital stays: 2 nights for eye surgery; for a month for broken back and back surgery; 10 times for dehydration and migraines

P is for phobias: Leaving the house unlocked, iron and toaster left plugged in; and forgetting to refill the dog's water keg.

Q is for quotes you like: Enjoy the moment

R is for biggest regret: Telling people thank you and how much they impacted my life for the better.

S is for sweets of your choice: Triple Chocolate Cheesecake

T is for the time you wake up: 6:15 am during the week and 7:00 am on the weekend when the dog needs to go out

U is for underwear: comfortable

V is for vegetable you love: all of them except for beets since I am allergic to them

W is for worst habit: not being able to say "no" to people

X is for x-rays you've had: 200+ x-rays, 5 CTscans, 2 MRIs and 1 bone scan (more than enough that I am a pro now at this)

Y is for yummy food you make: Cookie Dough Brownies

Z is for zodiac sign: Leo

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bit Late... new
      #258373 - 04/15/06 06:04 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Sailing Away: My sister is a HUGE Mascato D'Asti fan...is that the same thing?

--------------------
~jules

Moscato new
      #258800 - 04/18/06 07:16 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

Definitely is! That is one of my absolute favorites. I keep hoping that in the near future to be able to have a half glass when we entertain next.

Michelle

Okay, now my turn... better late than never new
      #258828 - 04/18/06 10:33 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Booze: Red, red wine. Preferably pinor noir. Or a nice cold pinot gris in the summer. A tanqueray and tonic does the trick too.

Career: Um, former criminal defence lawyer, currently unemployed, seeking to make a transition to film/TV production. Stop laughing.

Dogs: no dog, only cats. All dead now, though.

Essentials: blistex herbal lip therapy, my tea thermos, credit card, gmail, and these boards, of course!

Favorite song right now: Hmm. Nothing sticks out. But really digging the new Strokes CD - especially that song that goes "the heart beats in its cage.." And god love Madonna. Ya, you better be "Sorry". I wore jelly bracelets because of you.

Games: The usual. Trivial Pursuit, Pictionary. Also this wierdly addictive card game called Set.

Hometown: Vancouver, Canada! Too beautiful for words. Why I am moving to Toronto, again?

Instruments: Piano. Only I quit about 20 years ago.
Jam: Oooh, a tough one. A dead heat between raspberry and blackberry. On toast with almond butter, yum!

Kids: None yet. 2 or 3, ideally.

Last kiss: Oh, here we go. New Year's, at a bar in Whistler, in a shameless public makeout with some Brazilian dude. Armando? Arnesto? Oh this is humiliating.

Most admired trait: Good listeners score big points with me. It's not easy to do but means so much.

Name of my crush: I can't say his name on the internet!! Although he has the SEXIEST name. He is a former colleague. With long, lushious eyelashes. And a wonderful, gorgeous girlfriend. As for celebrity crushes: Does anyone else find Donnie Deutsh delectable? (PS who are Terry Sharp and Trevor Webb. Should I know them?)

Overnight hospital stays: none so far! Knock on wood.

Phobias: Not a big fan of heights. Also: never finding a job I love - or a man I love. And of course all those niggly little IBS-related fears, like being bloated on my wedding day.

Quotes: What if doing the hokey-pokey IS what it's all about?

Regret: Anorexia and bulimia. I'm still paying the price.

Sweets: You nailed it: chocolate chip cookies. Fresh and warm from the oven. Ecstasy. Or hot pie 'n cold vanilla ice cream. Not that I've had either, lately. Gluten-free fig newton, anyone?

Time I wake up: Since I'm not working (see career, above), 8:30 or 9.

Underwear: depends on the outerwear - either a g-string or a boy-cut brief. And I am a lifelong devotee of the underwire.

Vegetable I love: Oh, too hard. All the ones I miss because I'm too scared to eat them!! And, yes, asparagus is very nice.

Worst habit: Being too hard on myself and on others. Seeing the glass half-empty. Squeezing my pores.
X-rays: Just that small bowel follow-through where you swallow white liquid and they watch as it exits your stomach into your intestines (or, in my case, sits in your stomach for an eternity while you sit cramped up and crying in a freezing examining room)

Zodiac: I'm right on the cusp - Taurus and Gemini. I consider myself a Gemini though, as I am definitely twin-like in nature. I.e. criminal law/random bar makeouts - need I say more?

This was fun, thanks Shannon

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 316 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30949

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review