All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)
Hi again, Beth... new
      #257445 - 04/10/06 04:18 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hi Beth. I hope you know we are all thinking of you. I know that your head is probably close to bursting with a zillion different pieces of advice from these Boards on what to eat/not eat, etc etc. It can really drive a person insane after a while. However, for what it's worth, I still would encourage you to see if you can get your hands on some domperidone (brand name Motilium). Since you had an ED, like me, and now have delayed gastric emptying, like me, and find that everything is giving you gas and bloating, like me, it may not be the foods themselves that are the culprits but maybe the fact that they are just hanging around in your system for too long, causing increased fermentation. Now I don't know for sure, I'm no doctor, but this is my latest thinking about my intractable gas problems. I am planning to go back on this drug myself. I took it last fall and it wasn't a perfect solution but in retrospect I felt a hell of a lot better than than I do now. The fact that I took 2 plane trips to 2 weddings last fall, actually had a flatish tummy for both, and no insane crampy pain, suggests to me that the drug was doing something.
Beth, take care and you are in my prayers...

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

thanks again, everyone new
      #257483 - 04/10/06 07:09 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I think I'm feeling better, mentally, thanks to all the prayers and people just listening to me vent.

Physically, I still hurt like crazy. And I'm still super confused and torn about my diet and why I can't get better...but at least the worst is over...for now, anyway.

You guys really, really, really helped me through this. Thanks again.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Hi Maria... new
      #257484 - 04/10/06 07:12 PM
Augie

...no, I'm not on anything for the pain. I don't think anything would help anyhow.

None of my doctors have discussed anything to help live with the pain...except to go into therapy and to take antidepressants. I honestly don't think they get how horrible it is to live in chronic pain.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Great post, Michele! new
      #257486 - 04/10/06 07:14 PM
Augie

What pain medication did your doctor prescribe?

I get the same way as you. I cry easily and everything is 100 times harder to deal with.

--------------------
~ Beth

You totally understand! new
      #257487 - 04/10/06 07:20 PM
Augie

I wish I could be more like you. Incidently, I think God is compassionate and would understand why a hurting person could want to be out of pain. I don't think He would punish me anymore. But, I do worry about what it would do to my mom.

You seem to be able to go place, celebrate holidays, take trips in spite of the pain. How do you do that? How do you "enjoy" yourself despite the pain and watching as others live and eat without even thinking twice about their health? The world is not a very IBS friendly environment! I feel unsafe unless I'm not too far from home.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Beth - medications new
      #257494 - 04/10/06 07:52 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I've been on amitriptyline for about a month and last week she prescribed hydrocodone/acetaminophen (which I haven't used yet and I'm not sure I will, but I have some peace of mind just knowing I have it and I won't have to make any trips to the ER).

Re: Thinking about you, Beth..... new
      #257500 - 04/10/06 09:36 PM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Beth, e-mail me anytime. I don't know what to do to help, but I pray every day for you. I have a blood clot in my leg, now, am taking heparin shots and coumodin, but I can stay home. Ache all over. Can you take tylenol? That's the only thing they let me take, but I still take donnatol. Why isn't your doc helping you more? e-mail me if you get time. xxxoooB

--------------------
(cool)

Re: Hugs Beth new
      #257505 - 04/10/06 10:12 PM
boo75

Reged: 10/29/05
Loc: Butte Montana

Dott We are all here for you. Have you read the messages from Heather and the recipes, etc. Are you following the diet? Try to find a good doc and follow what he or she says. I pray for everyone all the time. xo B

--------------------
(cool)

Re:Maria new
      #257536 - 04/11/06 07:29 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I do understand. There are days when I let myself go and then wonder what am I doing out in public like this? I've had those emotional days, weeks even months where I just do give a crap. I feel like I'm so miserable what does any of it matter anyways? Well, I then realize that if I at least try to feel better about myself, like by buying new makeup or a new outfit than I actually DO feel a little better. There isn't much I can do about my weight right now or the fact that my fingers look like sausages, I can't remember the last time I was able to even wear my wedding ring but I put on a new pair of spring pants today and a fringy poncho and a beaded band in my hair and it helps. Sure, it doesn't really take the pain away but it makes me feel more, I don't know, human??

Its ok to break down in public, I've done it at work several times and while I'm always embarrassed about it, luckily most people understand. Some days you just can't help it. I think it helps to let it out when it needs to come out! I have myself a good cry usually once a week, if I bottle it up and try to hold it in, then it comes out at the most inopportune times!

I was actually told that I only have to have the BIG eye exam once a year as long as I stay on the 200mg twice a day dose, if I go to a higher dose than the chances of eye problems go up and they want me to have it done more often. I also work for an optometrist so he can do simple checks to make sure nothing is going haywire and I know what the signs are so I'm all good with the once a year thing!

A tip on the eye liner, smudge it a little with your finger tip or q-tip for a more natural look, instead of having just a solid "line" around your eyes!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: You totally understand! new
      #257547 - 04/11/06 08:08 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Honestly, I can't do all that much either! The trip to Tahoe this Christmas wasn't fun for me at all. I was so doped up on Xanax and Vicodin that I was a zombie. There was no way of getting out of it though, so I self medicated and did the best I could. I spent a considerable time alone in my bedroom because I just couldn't deal with people but you do what you have to do to get through the day.

Same thing was Wills brothers confirmation thingy at his Church a couple of weeks ago. I was in the ER the day before and was hurting SO bad and felt like I was suffocating. Again, I went because if I didn't then I was going to cause family problems. So, I took a couple of pills, put on a tank top under my sweater because I couldn't even wear a bra and did the best I could. Once we got back to Wills brothers house, I sat on the couch with Harley while everyone else talked and was social. When I got home, I slept the rest of the day.

I rarely go out other than to work which seems to take ALL my energy even though I have a relatively non stressful job. I feel guilty when Wills asks to take me out to dinner and I don't even feel well enough to do that alot of times. Its very frustrating and depressing. I take a LOT of comfort in Harley and I cuddle with him as much as possible and his love REALLY helps. On the days when I feel a little better, I try to make myself do something. Even if its just take Harley for a walk around the block or go out to dinner with Will or go make-up shopping with my girlfriend. Its very difficult but on those rare days when the pain is less, you HAVE to take advantage of it. I know you are on a tight budget but do something you like, even if its just walk in the park or get a beginners yoga video and just do the best you can. Take a bubble bath and read a trashy novel. Paint your toes. Do something for yourself. Its these little things that will make you feel like you have a life. Its these little things that will keep you going. Its ok to cry and be upset, beat your pillow, scream in the shower, let it out but you have to move on. I don't know if the pain will ever go away completely for either of us but we have to have hope and we have to keep on trying. We only get one life, no matter how crappy it seems to get sometimes, we've got to do the best to make the best of it. Love and hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 29893

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review