All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Please send prayers my way
      #256029 - 04/03/06 06:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Since last june we have been trying to get me stable on bipolar and anxiety meds with no success. I am going to the psych. on Wednesday. Please pray that we should find the right meds and that switching my meds doesn't make me too tired to do all the cooking and cleaning for Passover. Thanks everyone...your support means a lot *hugs*

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

You know I am praying new
      #256035 - 04/03/06 06:35 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

and you know, I don't know how you are day to day, but I want to say that you seem so much more clear and positive - even if that is IN SPITE OF how you feel I see that as progress... I am so proud of how hard you are working to get/feel/BE better. I admire that in you so much! Keep at it!

((((Hugs))))

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

You know I am feeling so down right now... new
      #256042 - 04/03/06 06:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

and having you say that means worlds Michelle...esp. atm. Thank you so very, very much *hugs*

I'm working really hard in therapy and it's NOT easy! It's good to know that my efforts and prayers are paying off. Thank G-d!!!

I love you!

Sara

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

*hugs* new
      #256045 - 04/03/06 06:48 PM
Sailing Away

Reged: 03/31/05

I will add you to my prayers. Good luck with the cooking. What are you fixing for Passover?

Michelle

Re: *hugs* new
      #256062 - 04/03/06 07:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Michelle! Well...brisket, potatoes, chicken, potato salad, and I have to come up with more thant just that! YIKES! This is my 1st year really making Passover and it's a BIG DEAL! It's also a ton of cleaning...so I need lots of energy to do it all! Thanks for the prayers...they mean a lot! *hugs* back!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Prayers coming your way! new
      #256063 - 04/03/06 07:24 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I thought you were doing great too, dear friend. I was so surprised to hear that the meds aren't working because you sound so good in your emails and on the boards. You have come so far....even if you can't see it or feel it right now. I have definitely noticed it.

You are my hero, Sarala. When I get down from feeling sick everyday, I often think of you and think...if Sarala is still fighting, I must still fight...even though I know we are both so tired.

Let us know how it goess on Wednesday.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Prayers coming your way! new
      #256070 - 04/03/06 07:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

Well, thanks Beth! I had no idea I seemed to be doing better to others! How cool!!! If only it were true.....

I make myself respond to e-mails when I'm depressed as much as possible. It's a fight. Maybe I'm winning more than I realize?

But the anxiety is really bad. Major paranoia and whatnot. It's from the bipolar...totaly normal stuff....for someone like me. But we HAVE to find the right meds...I know they're out there somwehrre!!

Thanks for the prayers...much needed and much appredciated *hugs*

How are YOU doing Bethie *hugs*

I love you!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Please send prayers my way new
      #256079 - 04/03/06 08:26 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

good luck with figuring everything out! something good is bound to come after all of the hard work and attempts you've put into helping yourself.

--------------------

#256086 - 04/03/06 10:00 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Ashely! Remember last year when I was afraid to go to a therpaist/psychiatrist. I've come a long way since then...and you're right I AM trying to help myself! Thanks for showing me that. Gosh I sure do get a lot of support around here...you all make me feel like I'm doing something right. Thanks so much Dr. Spice! *hugs*

How are you doing btw? What's new in Spiceville? Love ya!

Sara

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256099 - 04/04/06 05:23 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I understand how difficult this must be! My best friend from childhood was diagnosed almost 2 years ago with rapid cycling bipolar, and she still isn't completely stable. She is much better though, so I know that eventually the doctors will be able to find the right combination! Prayers and hugs headed your way my friend!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#256122 - 04/04/06 07:11 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03

Sarala,

You know you have my prayers every day. I agree with everyone else. I have seen the progress you have made and am always so impressed with how positive you are about dealing with your medical problems, helping others and givng great advice and support.

I remember when I first started coming on the boards and I see a huge improvement in how positively you handle things in your life. You have made great progress and I am so proud of you. You know how much I look up to you. You give me strength to handle whatever I am faced with in life.

Lots of love and hugs to you today. I know your doc is going to get your meds straightened out and working for you.

--------------------
Janey

#256127 - 04/04/06 07:27 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

yes you sure have come a loooong way. A short while ago you were worried about taking meds altogether, and now you are willing to keep trying till you find whats best! WAY TO GO!

Here in spiceville, i'm finishing up school, and I accepted that internship in Maryland! So I have some big changes coming up on the horizon.

--------------------

You're in my prayers Sarala nt new
      #256128 - 04/04/06 07:28 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

#256137 - 04/04/06 08:27 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

YOU'VE GOT IT!!!!

Me too! new
      #256139 - 04/04/06 08:36 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I too am praying for you Sarala...you are such a precious person and I know that God has much in store for you. I am believing for good things!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: You know I am feeling so down right now... new
      #256156 - 04/04/06 09:58 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm sorry sweetie that you are down right now. Things will get better! Your such a great person and you deserve the best! Love and hugs!!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Thanks Tina! *hugs* n-t new
      #256231 - 04/04/06 01:50 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks Tommy! *smiles* n-t new
      #256232 - 04/04/06 01:51 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256235 - 04/04/06 01:53 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Janey,

Wow, thanks for the compliments! I'm having a MAJOR anxiety attack today due to either PMS or the clouds outside (or both) and I REALLY needed to hear this today. *hugs* You too grow all the time and I look up to you as well! You are an honest, caring individual with a lot of depth and I admire you in many ways. Thank you for our friendship *hugs*

I love you!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256239 - 04/04/06 01:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

It's terribly difficult! I never know who I will be....happy or sad...anxious or calm....it's truly a daymere Therpay helps a lot though!!!! And os does coming here. I feel like I can't do something but then I come here and get compliments and it REALLY helps Sometimes when I'm anxious I feel helpless and hopeless and like I belong in bed all day. Thanks for reminding me I have worth and that that just isn't the case *hugs* I hope you friend gets completely stable soon...prayers for them as well *hugs*

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I'm thinking of you! new
      #256241 - 04/04/06 02:00 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Sarala! I hope you have a lot of energy left once you switch meds. You've been doing so well - I think you've had quite a bit of success and made a lot of progress since last year. You sound so much more confident and balanced. I don't know if "balanced" is the right word - I'm in bit of a brain fog right now - but you come across as sounding happier and more peaceful in your recent posts.

I'm sending you lots of gentle hugs!

#256244 - 04/04/06 02:01 PM
Snow for Sarala

You're right...I have to focus on the positive...thanks *hugs* (MAJOR anxiety attack this am so it's hard to keep positive at times like this...but with friends like you it gets easier each time!!! *hugs*)

I'm SO EXCCITED for you re the internship!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO! When do you start/move? Maryland...here comes Dr. Spice! Lucky place that Maryland is!!!!!! If you ever consider AZ let me know

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Me too! new
      #256248 - 04/04/06 02:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

We are all precious people aren't we Rachel? I just have to remember that when I am having rapid cycling and major anxiety that that includes me (HARD to remember at times like those!!!). Thanks for the reminder that He loves me ALL the time *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: You know I am feeling so down right now... new
      #256251 - 04/04/06 02:06 PM
Snow for Sarala

It always does get better...I get high LOL NOT a good thing...but it makes life seem better when I feel high (unless the anxiety comes with it like thisd morning!!) I just have to remember to keep posting here when things are unbearable!!! Thanks for being here for me...I really need the support right now. I HAVE to run an errand before Passover and it needs to get done today and I'm shaking in my boots to leave the house! But you are all helping me out...thank you a million times *hugs* I love you Michele!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I'm thinking of you! new
      #256255 - 04/04/06 02:08 PM
Snow for Sarala

Wow, thanks Maria *hugs* That means a lot to me! I can't say I'm more balanced...I'm just working very hard in therapy to grow and understand the bipolar better. Therpay helps a TON!!! Just knowing what happens when I'm high and low helps me to better understand it and not to control it but to at least be aware of it which helps a great deal (sorry that sentence was NOT for English class LOL ) How are you doing? I'm sending you prayers and love today as well *hugs*

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thinking of you.....lots of hugs n/t new
      #256262 - 04/04/06 02:12 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: I feel the same way... new
      #256264 - 04/04/06 02:15 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

about understanding what is happening to us when we're sick. It's just good to KNOW what's going on and how much we can really do to help ourselves. I think that awareness makes it somewhat easier to deal with.

#256267 - 04/04/06 02:19 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I'll be thinking about you I know it can be really hard to find the right "fit" for those types of medications and I really hope things go well for you.

#256294 - 04/04/06 03:02 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Kelly! I know you can understand this in many ways better than most *hugs* Congrats on getting engaged btw (can't remember if I've told you that yet or not?) The ring and dress are both GORGEOUS as are you!!! How are you doing these days? I'm barely hanging on atm...but that means better times are around the corner. Thanks for your love and support...it means a lot!! *hugs*

Loe you!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks Nat...I needed those *smiles* ... new
      #256296 - 04/04/06 03:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

How are you doing these days? I hope super! Btw...whemn I go home my mom and Grammy are taking me to the MAC make up counter. I can't wait!!! Thanks for the suggestion!*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Sarala new
      #256297 - 04/04/06 03:03 PM
Vicam

Thanks You are so sweet...thanks for your congratulations. I'm not doing as well as I would like...there are times when I feel like I'm hardly hanging on, but other times aren't too bad. The engagement is a real blessing because it gives me something to take my mind off other things...I started an online journal (like a blog) and I put wedding ideas and plans and stuff there. But yeah, still having a rough time but I'm trying to take the same attitude as you...better times must be around the corner!

Re: I feel the same way... new
      #256299 - 04/04/06 03:05 PM
Snow for Sarala

EXACTLY! Like I KNOW I'm depressed right now. So I got up anyway and ate anyway and I'm on-line anyway FORCING myself to do stuff. It's AIN'T easy....but it helps to KNOW why I feel this way and it empowers me to azt least get out of bed. I hope the clouds go away soon though cause these emotions are the PITTS

Thanks for your support *hugs* I hope your spring cleaning is going nicely!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Sarala new
      #256301 - 04/04/06 03:07 PM
Snow for Sarala

I think you're doing fabulously!!! *hugs* Look at you...out and about getting ready for your wedding! I think you're not giving yourself credit where credit is due...you're more than hanging on *hugs* You're FLYING!!!!!

Ok...you've just inspired me. Out the door I go to run those errands I'm putting off cause I'm so depressed. Oooooh...I hope I can do it! I'm sure gonna try...I'll let you know *hugs* Thanks for writing me back

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

You are so Welcome! new
      #256302 - 04/04/06 03:18 PM
Vicam

I'm glad I was able to inspire you...I haven't left the apartment today so good for you for getting out to do your errands. Hope it went well

#256312 - 04/04/06 03:48 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I will probably start and move around august!
thanks for the congratulations!!
I really hope I like it

--------------------

You're in my prayers... new
      #256318 - 04/04/06 04:10 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

always. So sorry you're having a hard time with meds. I know with my sister's depression, the week in between meds is UGLY. So I know what it's like to deal with a bear, and she always turns back into my lovely sis. I know you will be OK inside and out very soon. Hugs!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Oohhh...brisket!! new
      #256330 - 04/04/06 05:37 PM
Sailing Away

I definitely miss brisket but the smell is always so wonderful in the house. My best friend in elementary school always had coconut macaroons at their passover meal. Ohhh...so yummy along with the rolls and this chocolate almond cakelike dessert. Might have to call her mom and see if I can get some of those recipes.

Quick thought for you for a side dish...steamed green beans with fresh or dried cranberries (if dried I toss them in the last minute or 2 to soften them up a bit). Just gives it some sweetness with a blast of color. I love that with chicken at holidays, course never any left over.

Good luck with the cleaning. It never seems to get done. I keep hoping for a magic wand to take care of it. If I find I special on the wands I will get you one.

-Michelle

#256335 - 04/04/06 06:12 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Lots of hugs coming your way! You are always in my thoughts! Take care of yourself!

Good luck tomorrow new
      #256354 - 04/04/06 07:40 PM
Sailing Away

I will be thinking about you and hoping things go well. *hugs*

Michelle

#256365 - 04/04/06 08:55 PM
celeste29

Reged: 04/04/06

i will keep you in my prayers. Stay strong

Good luck. I hope it goes well. nt new
      #256368 - 04/04/06 09:04 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Thanks hohoyumyum *hugs* n-t new
      #256378 - 04/04/06 10:36 PM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256379 - 04/04/06 10:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Celeste!!! I really appreciate it! I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Good luck tomorrow new
      #256380 - 04/04/06 10:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Michelle *hugs* The thoughts are GREATFLY appreciated!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256381 - 04/04/06 10:40 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Angela *hugs* I REALLY appreciate it! How are you doing these days? It's great to see you!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I DID IT KELLY!!!! new
      #256382 - 04/04/06 10:42 PM
Snow for Sarala

I actually went out and ran my errands despite my depression and anxiety! Can you believe it? I can't LOL You CAN do it...and I'm here for you all the way *hugs* It was sOOOOOOOOOOOO hard biut you really helped. Thank you *hugs*

With love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#256383 - 04/04/06 10:43 PM
Snow for Sarala

That's so exciting!!!! I'm sure you'll love it! LOOK OUR Maryland...here she comes (and I'll say it again...they are SO VERY FORTUNATE to get you!!!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Oohhh...brisket!! new
      #256384 - 04/04/06 10:47 PM
Snow for Sarala

Brisket. mmmm.

I want one of these wands! sign me up! Do you make Passover every year yourself? how do you DO it? It's a SUPER BIG job isn't it?

That green bean and cranberry sauce recipe sounds delicious! Thanks If I think of any recipes to share I'll let you know

Thanks again...and don't forget to look for that wand...I'll look too! They must make one SOMEWHERE right?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I DID IT KELLY!!!! new
      #256387 - 04/05/06 01:28 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Great work Sarala, doesn't it feel fantastic to overcome something like that! So proud of you

--------------------
S.

*HUG* hope all goes well today! new
      #256409 - 04/05/06 04:31 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

and tell me about getting ready for pesach... Bill is going to the storage locker for haggadot and seder plates, but I am already baking.. made the first batch of merengues last night...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Good Luck and many HUGS! -nt- new
      #256416 - 04/05/06 06:22 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

Re: I DID IT KELLY!!!! new
      #256489 - 04/05/06 11:23 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Sinead...this means a lot *hugs* YES it does feel great!!!

How are things by you these days? I hope fab!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Thanks Barbie *hugs* I really appreciate it! n-t new
      #256490 - 04/05/06 11:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: *HUG* hope all goes well today! new
      #256491 - 04/05/06 11:25 AM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Amie!!

How is it you're already baking? We won't be turning our kitchen over until 2 days before Pesach? I'm REALLY impressed!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I hope all goes well! -nt- new
      #256495 - 04/05/06 11:27 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Ooooh Im so excited for you............ new
      #256549 - 04/05/06 02:12 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

and sending LOTS more smiles your way.....funny you mention that cos Im off to MAC 2moro to stock up on new foundation. Mine ran out this week and Ive been having a fit...its funny how Ive taken to relying on it...it really perks up your face and Ive not felt as glowing these last few days....plus Ive just had some money through and thought Id treat myself with all my uni stresses!!

I hope things are ok for you....I read your post about getting out of the house to do ur errands....Im not sure when that was from but way to go for dealing with things so well. I am majorly proud of you.

((((((((((((LOTS OF HUGS)))))))))))))))

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Oohhh...brisket!! new
      #256616 - 04/05/06 07:33 PM
Sailing Away

My family doesn't celebrate Passover (we're Lutheran); many of my friends do celebrate Passover, so I usually helped out in the kitchen in preparing the meals. I grew up rather lucky in having friends from diverse ethnic and religious backgrounds. I got the advantage of learning to be open minded and accepting of those with different beliefs. Course the food was the best part for me and enjoying the different family interactions.

We definitely have got to find those wands to make life easier for us. Even if all it did was clean the house I would be happy with that.

Michelle

Hugs and prayers for you new
      #256928 - 04/07/06 11:02 AM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Even though the meds aren't all figured out, I do feel like you're making progress. At least you know what needs to be fixed now!

Hang in there!

Hugs!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

I don't turn the entire kitchen over, but.. new
      #257328 - 04/10/06 06:57 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04

I have the mixer, one section of counter and the oven done at least a week ahead of time- we can use the grill... and I already have my pesadich stuff out of the storage locker and in the garage in its totes... the rest of the kitchen is done now... no more after last night.... it seems wierd but with us both working all week, including Weds and hosting seder it needed to be done! I kept out the cereal bowls and spoons for my breakfasts and Bill some sandwich fixings and paper plates in one part of the dining room... but the kitchen itself is done, I'll wash those in the bathroom sink and then sterilize after pesach.... seems wierd... but this year with 2 weddings, CA, etc I just don't have time to take off the days leading up to pesach and we're hosting seder!

I made deserts- done! escept for cutting up the strawberries.. made the haroset (sephardic), got the haggadot, etc from the storage locker.. have the seder plate out.. the eggs boiled (need to roast the one for the plate...along with the shankbone and the garlic I am going ot serve roasted!)- that and sauteeing the onions and mushrooms to serve with the chicken will be tonight... and I will be dying the eggs since we learned years back that my grandmother wasn't crazy and decorated seder eggs predates easter eggs (from the region of the world her family was from anyway)

I will make the soup tomorrow night, and set the chicken to marinate, etc.. so I can just reheat it after work on Weds and make the matza balls before everyone comes over.. they can cook during the first part of seder... I may also clean the parsley and matchstick the maror (horseradish root) then...

I made sephardi haroset with blueberry juice instead of wine (someone gave me the recipe last year- yummy just dates, raisins and blueberry juice) because the gliders can have that, but they can't have the traditional ashenazi with the cinnamon...

for dessert we have merengues, flourless chocolate cake, and strawberries and chocolate covered matza.. and I have fresh spinach to make a salad with as well... should be yummy, simple and still fun... no big bird this year just a bunch of individual chicken breasts.. much easier to cook when I have to work and we only have 4 people total to be there, so no need to break out my normal seder dishes and serving pieces that can't be dishwashered so even better! and the leftovers will go to the dessert potluck we're going to over the weekend or into my office...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 338 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15877

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review