All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Monday was so fun!!!!!!!!!
      #25558 - 11/05/03 04:18 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Things are so busy and nuts here, I'm just now getting to share about this but it was so fun in the midst of our otherwise chaos,that I had to share about it. Monday was Mom's (Eric's mom) birthday. You all have heard me talk about her. She is just one of those people who would do anything for you without even giving it a second thought, and with all our troubles over the past year and all my health problems, she's had ample opportunity! And she's come to mean more to me in the last year than ever before, I just cherish her and our friendship so much. Well, now that Eric's sister Lindsey and her husband Josh live here in Charlotte, too, we were able to plan something TOGETHER. We weren't able to all be with Mom on her birthday (she and Dad still live up in VA) and she was not expecting to see all of us until THIS weekend at Luke's birthday party. But Lindsey and I surprised her BIG TIME!! Lindsey took the day off, and so did Eric to watch the kids, so that Lindsey and I could drive up to VA and take Mom out to a girls' lunch. We'd already cleared with Mom's supervisor so that she would not have to come BACK and could have the whole afternoon off! The fun part was, while making the 3+ hour drive up, she and I took turns calling Mom from our cells telling her what we were (not!) up to. So when we walked up behind her chair at her little cubicle at work, she was still talking to Lindsey on the phone... she had NO CLUE. She realized someone was there and turned around to see us both standing there, and it was funny because at first she didn't look happy or surprised, she looked CONFUSED - she said, "But I'm talking to Lindsey on the phone???" Then, of course, she had to "place" everybody, "But where are the kids? Eric isn't at work? Where is Josh?" It was SO fun to take her off guard, she's a sharp lady so it took some DOING! We took her to a nice restaurant for lunch, one of those places men never want to go because you don't get gobs of food and they decorate the plate fancy with drizzles of sauce and such. ;.) They made me a lovely grilled chicken meal over orzo pasta, it was great and since I was so RELAXED it sat really well for me. I think stress is my biggest trigger, hands down, but anyway, back to the story. We had flowers waiting on the table, and we had video for her of all the rest of the family (kids and husbands) wishing her happy birthday and telling her how much they love her. So yeah, she cried!! Then we went SHOPPING which is actually sort of fun wihout screaming children, I'd forgotten! Lindsey and I drove back home that night and even that is enjoyable when you're having adult conversation. So, all in all, it was about the most fun I've had - from the planning of it right up to getting home at midnight to a sleeping, peaceful family - in a long time!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Monday was so fun!!!!!!!!! new
      #25561 - 11/05/03 05:52 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

That sounds so fun!! I am glad to see your IBS co operated too.

How wonderful, that you get along with your Mother IN Law that well. That is so great!!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#25585 - 11/05/03 09:11 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Ooh I'm jealous! That does sound like fun. It is also a good idea that I might have to steal from you for future birthdays.

Glad to hear you had a great day and that your IBS was cooperative!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#25599 - 11/05/03 10:10 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

That sounds like a lot of fun Michelle. It is great you have a wonderful relationship with your mom.

#25678 - 11/05/03 02:23 PM
Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY

I agree with everyone - I don't often respond to alot here because I feel the same way everyone else does about so much, but I have to chime in here because I LOVE this kind of thing! I also adore my mother-in-law and am so thankful for her, so I can just imagine your pleasure in treating your m-i-l to such a fun surprise for her birthday! Thanks for sharing such a smile-provoking story!
Andie

#25697 - 11/05/03 04:53 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Michelle - that is so wonderful!! I had fun just reading about it!

That's great you had such a good time - you deserve it. I'm glad you're feeling so much better, and things are going so well for you.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1792 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 826

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review