All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Wedding hair question!
      #255340 - 03/30/06 10:01 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I met a woman who works at the salon I go to who is going to do my wedding day hair and makeup. She can do my hair and makeup there or she said she is off on my wedding day and can do it at my home. What is better? She would obviously have to bring ALL her stuff over here but I think she prefers that. It's not extra to have her come here.

Is it better? Also, my bridesmaid (Tommy's sis) is going to have her do her hair and she doesn't care if it's here or the salon.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wedding hair question! new
      #255345 - 03/30/06 10:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Let her come to you... you both will be relaxed that way....

My girl traveled TO my wedding...and did it in my hotel room....:)

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

have her come to you! new
      #255349 - 03/30/06 10:25 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

both mine and my sisters wedding they came to us and did everyone there.. MUCH more relaxed and easier... not neccesarily at home- wherever you're going to be prepping and getting dressed- we did it at the location for the ceremony for me and in a hotel suite for my sisters... Left the guys with her house.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#255355 - 03/30/06 10:56 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I have to agree...let her do it at your place! You'll be more relaxed and have more fun. Just my thoughts :-)

And PLEASE be sure to post pics for us!!!!

Love you!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#255370 - 03/30/06 11:52 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

For my wedding we had the stylist come to my bridal suite and do it there. They did have alot of stuff to bring but it turned out awesome. They did all of my girls hair and then we had someone come seperate for makeup. It made it much easier I think. Good luck! When is the wedding?

#255384 - 03/30/06 01:17 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I would say definitely at home. I was a bridesmaid for my cousin's wedding and she had a team come to her house. It was nice, because we could all drink our tea/coffee, nibble on breakfast, laugh and talk without disturbing the whole salon. It was such a relaxed atmosphere. I loved it.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#255396 - 03/30/06 01:45 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

When my sil got married, we had a friend come to the church and do our hair. She worked at a salon that was too far away from the wedding and she had the day off. She just brought her big bag and went person by person. If she wants to do you hair at your home I would think that would be nice. It's one less stress you have to worry about.

At home! new
      #255420 - 03/30/06 02:45 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I went out to the hairdresser but got the makeup done at home, it was so nice to be at home rather than rushing around on the morning of my wedding.

--------------------
S.

THANKS EVERYONE! More questions... ha ha new
      #255423 - 03/30/06 02:52 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

The wedidng is in June. The ceremony and reception site are very far from where I live so I don't think she would travel there. Besides, I want to have my hair and makeup done in the morning.

My ffriend that got married last year bought all her makeup at MAC and had them show her how to apply it correclty. I called MAC and they said that they would do a full makeup application (foundation, blush, eyes, lips) for $50 and that would include buying $50 worth of product. My makeup lady says she doesn't have any cosmetics to sell and I should use my own. So to me, I think I'm almost better off using MAC, having the actual lipstick, blush and powder that she used to bring with me to touch up all day/night? But she won't come to my home and I'd have to go to a Macy's counter to have it done? Let me correct that, she will come to my home but it would be double what the other one charge so that's not going to happen!!!

Help!

Re: Try a cosmetics school.... new
      #255433 - 03/30/06 03:47 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I had a student from cosmetics school do EVERYONE's makeup (including going to my MIL's house also) and it cost me somewhere around $100 - 150 for 8 women. She used my own makeup, but she bought me a free lipstick that I could touch up for the day. Also, she recommended I buy powdered papers to touch up during the day as well. You can get them almost anywhere. You just blot them on your face and it picks up the moisure and oil keeping you fresh.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1015 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1322

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review