All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Michele....I'm sooo sorry! new
      #254771 - 03/27/06 12:24 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I too can realte to being sick and tired of being tired...and to the feelings of being around people with kids and knowing I will probably never have any of my own (I might not be able to adopt even...we will see!)....and it is just sooooo hard some days *hugs* I just don't have any words excpet I love you and I hoppe each day gets a little better thant the last one. And I look to you as my hero. Whenever I think I can't do something I think about you and all you do and I push myself a little harder. You're SO STRONG and SO UPBEAT and SO AMAZING....you deserve true happiness and I believe it's coming your way. I love you Michele....we all do...always remember that...

Love you! *hugs*

Sarala

P.S. PLEASE update us on how you're doing...we're all very concerned for you *gentle hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Just Saw the Rheumy Dr new
      #254813 - 03/27/06 01:33 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

And he agreed that the cartilage in my chest is inflamed and swollen and thats why my chest hurts so bad and I feel like I can't breath. Between your ribs and all around your sternum is all cartilage and because mine is swelling up, my lungs can't inflate all the way. The RA dr gave me another methyl dose pack of steroids. Its a mega dose of steroids you take for a week. Hopefully, it'll be enough to knock the inflammation in my chest out and maybe help my hands as well. I just can't wait to be able to leave work and take my bra off! The extra pressure is killing me.

And yes, Harley does have sympathy IBS!!! His tummy is VERY sensative! He got so upset this weekend when I was so sick and even today he knows I'm not feeling well. He had D this morning and you can hear his little tummy gurgling and rumbling. Poor little guy!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: My weekend, from ER visit to bil's church! new
      #254814 - 03/27/06 01:36 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

oh my goodness! that is very very scary!

I'm so glad that it wasn't anything more serious, but I'm sure it scared the crap outof you nevertheless. Rest up and feel better soon! Sounds like you've had a rough weekend.

--------------------

#254817 - 03/27/06 01:55 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Poor Michele, that sounds so scary, hope you are feeling much much better today.

--------------------
S.

#254818 - 03/27/06 01:55 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh so sorry to hear that. Do you think it was a panic attack?

Please update us once the doctor figures it our. Could it be the medication? Three years ago I had a rapid heartbeat and dizziness from a med called Trazadone I was taking for insomnia. The side effects were SO BAD that I took myself off it and my doc agreed with that decison.

#254822 - 03/27/06 02:32 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Thanks Sara. Its actually the cartilage in my chest swelling and preventing my lungs from inflating. Saw the rheumy today and he put me on a weeks worth of mega steroids.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#254836 - 03/27/06 06:08 PM

Unregistered

Geez what a crazy weekend! I would have been scared out of mind with all that going on too - I'm just glad it didn't turn out to be anything serious, but I still would not have known what the heck to do. Good thing your friends were right there for you.

And I can't believe you found the strength to go to you bil's thing after all that - you are amazing.

Well I always keep you in my thoughts and I hope that things settle down for you - you don't need any more craziness in your life. Just take care of yourself!!

Re: Just Saw the Rheumy Dr new
      #254841 - 03/27/06 06:27 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm glad they found the reason for your chest hurting. I'm sorry you have to take steroids but hopefully it'll help all this stuff get better *huge gentle hugs*

And I think it's adorable that Harley has Sympathy IBS. Poor guy though! *hugs Harley*

I hope you continue to find strength and courage through all this...I know you've given me much strength and courage in the past. If there's anything any of us can do for you now let us know *hugs*

I love you!!!!!!!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oy, what a scare... new
      #254843 - 03/27/06 06:35 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

So glad you are okay. What can you do to prevent this from happening again?

Take care. Why does life have to keep giving us these not so welcomed surprises and problems. A nice boring weekend would have been preferred, wouldn't you agree!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#254851 - 03/27/06 07:10 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

One thing after another, huh? That sounds so scary. I'm glad you saw your doctor today and I hope the steroid pack you got helps. What kind of side effects do the daily steroids have? Would it be worth a shot to try if you don't start feeling better?

I can't believe you made it to the BIL's service. Is Presbyterian where everyone shakes hands afterwards and says, "Peace be with you"? I went to a friend's church once where they did that and it caught me totally by surprise. I should've been thinking holy thoughts but all I could think was, "I saw you sneeze into that hand and now you're shaking mine!!"

Take care of yourself!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1005 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3174

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review