All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Pictures of me in my wedding dress (and the engagement ring)
      #254423 - 03/25/06 05:31 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I know I've been almost completely MIA so I hope you guys are still interested in seeing this...but things have been so incredibly hectic...I've had doctors appointments almost every day for the last couple of weeks (some involving sedatives) so have been sleeping a lot and dealing with the wedding dress.

I put a deposit down on the one that I fell in love with even though my wedding isn't going to be for two years! I just knew it was the one. Anyways...I got some pictures of me in it and I thought you guys might like to see them.

I also finally got my engagement ring (it was being custom made)...it was finished Wednesday but Scott was being mean and didn't give it to me until today so he could surprise me (it was my birthday). So it's been a pretty exciting day And for my birthday I got tickets to go see the RENT tour in Toronto so I'm feeling pretty giddy.

Anyways, if anyone is interested I've taken pictures but for some reason they are coming out really big so I'm just going to post links rather than putting them in the post (sorry).

The Dress with the only veil I liked (and I tried many veils): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/kellyinweddingdress1.jpg

The Dress with No Veil: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/kellyinweddingdress7.jpg

The Back of the Dress: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/kellyinweddingdress6.jpg

And as for the ring...here's just a few (forgive my hands...they are extremely dry and chapped from the lovely Canadian winter):

Ring in Box: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/weddingringcopy.jpg

Ring on Hand: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/weddingring7copy.jpg

Ring on Hand 2 (this one shows the detail of the setting): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/Vicam7/weddingring9copy.jpg

Hope you guys like them and I'll try and be better and be on more...things should hopefully calm down in April...it's just I've got a bit of a thing going on with the insurance company so it's been doctors out the wazoo. I'm finally being sent to an endocrinologist though which is good...they are finally going to see what's going on with my sky high cortisol and maybe figure out a way for me to sleep

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Pictures of me in my wedding dress (and the engagement ring) new
      #254427 - 03/25/06 05:47 PM
JLL24

Reged: 09/23/04

Hi Kelly,

Your engagement ring turned out gorgeous!!! It's so cool that you were able to put your Mom's diamond in a new setting.

The wedding dress looks very pretty on you What's your date? I'm not getting married until July 2007 myself and I tried on some wedding dresses last weekend. So fun

I can't wait for all of the planning to get started in September.

Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Jenn

#254431 - 03/25/06 06:11 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I love your train--it's so dramatic. And your ring is classic. You look radiant--no, beaming and in command.

Kate.

#254435 - 03/25/06 06:48 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Love the dress and the ring.... weddings are such a wonderful and exciting thing!! {{hugs}}

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

What a beautiful dress!! You look fantastic! nt new
      #254436 - 03/25/06 06:51 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! new
      #254439 - 03/25/06 07:04 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

What a great dress. You have great style! Naturally I assume we're all invited to the wedding. Make sure to register at Lunabars.com so we can all send you something nice!

Congratulations, Vicam!!

~nelly~

Re: Pictures of me in my wedding dress (and the engagement ring) *DELETED* new
      #254442 - 03/25/06 07:14 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

#254447 - 03/25/06 07:29 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

#254450 - 03/25/06 07:41 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

What a beautiful dress! You have such a small waist and the dress shows it off well. You look very happy! Congratulations on your engagement.

WOW!!! new
      #254486 - 03/25/06 09:23 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

It's soooo gorgerous! That red detailing stuff came out right after i got married. iwould have gone for that kind of dress for SURE!!!

And the ring, WHOA, what a rock. You deserve every carat of happiness, love.

I'm glad you are well. WEhat was the deal with the sedatives???

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Kelly!! new
      #254492 - 03/25/06 09:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Oh my, Kelly, that is just the most beautiful dress!! You look so so beautiful, that must have been such a fun day! What a relief to also have such a big decision done, so you know you've got that one dealt with!

Your ring also looks really beautiful, I'm glad you got it after waiting so long.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Kelly!! new
      #254500 - 03/26/06 12:13 AM
Vicam

Thanks Steph...you're right, it was fun and it is a relief to have such a big decision out of the way. Plus, I didn't have to spend days and days trying on wedding dresses (which really isn't my thing)

Re: WOW!!! new
      #254501 - 03/26/06 12:17 AM
Vicam

Hi Shannon!

Thanks I've had a lot of people saying the red detailing is fairly new...that particular dress actually comes in 46 different color options...it's crazy!

As for the sedatives...it's kinda a long story but if you want to know I'll attempt to shorten it for you. I think you know that I've been off work on a short-term disability leave because of mental illness. Well, earlier this month the insurance company decided I had to be back at work beginning of April because of one indepedent medical exam they sent me for (with a psychiatrist they picked out). The guy was an idiot who barely asked me anything and then just recommended I go back to work. Meanwhile I've got my GP, psychiatrist and psychologist adamently saying I can't go back to work yet. So now I'm in a big battle with a big insurance company and just feeling really bullied. We had to push our wedding back to 2008 from 2007 because things are so up in the air with all of this, and it's just been really stressful. I should hear by the end of the week if the insurance company is going to change their minds (my psychiatrist sent them a lot of letters and lab work indicating why I couldn't go back) but if they don't, I could lose my job.

So I've been extra stressed and they've been giving me extra sedation to try and handle it because they want to make sure that I'm safe. So I've been a little out of it. Plus, I had to have a bunch of dental work done (nothing serious but I'm terrified of dentists) so I needed extra sedation on top of what I normally take to get me through that.

Whew! Sorry...I tried to make it short

#254502 - 03/26/06 12:19 AM
Vicam

Thanks It was sweet of you to say I have a tiny waist...I'm still fighting some bad eating disorder and body image issues so when I saw the pictures I thought I looked kinda fat...which logically I know is silly but that was of course my first thought, so I appreciate what you said.

Thanks! -nt new
      #254503 - 03/26/06 12:19 AM
Vicam

#254504 - 03/26/06 12:20 AM
Vicam

Thanks Shelby! I'm glad you liked it and was happy to share. And thanks for the birthday wishes as well...I had a lovely day.

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! new
      #254505 - 03/26/06 12:21 AM
Vicam

Hey Nelly!

Wow...someone saying I have style...believe me, not something I hear every day. I should probably let you know that I have every intention of wearing white Adidas running shoes under the dress

Sadly I can't invite you all to the wedding, I think that would take me waaay out of my budget But that would be wonderful!!!

Thanks!!! -nt new
      #254506 - 03/26/06 12:22 AM
Vicam

#254507 - 03/26/06 12:23 AM
Vicam

Thanks Shell I was never much into weddings (haven't been to one in years) but this has been kinda fun. There won't really be any more planning (except in my head) for awhile while I deal with my health issues...but I just had to snap up the dress just in case...I loved it too much to let it get away.

#254508 - 03/26/06 12:24 AM
Vicam

Thanks Kate!

It's funny you say I look "in command" because while we were taking pictures a big bridal party came in and I almost had a total panic attack (there's that darn social anxiety disorder at work). Thankfully I held it together and kept my composure. They were nice and smiling and saying I looked pretty so that helped!

And the train was my favorite part of the dress so I'm glad you like it...it even looks pretty bustled (I'm learning wedding words)...very exciting!

#254509 - 03/26/06 12:27 AM
Vicam

Hi Jenn,

Well, I'm actually not getting married until Summer 2008. We're hoping for August but haven't officially set a date yet because I'm waiting for my Dad to come down and hammer out numbers per head with me at the venue that I want. He's getting re-married in a couple of weeks so is really busy, so right after that I should be able to set a date.

The only reason I got the dress so early is because I knew it was THE dress...and the store is great and doesn't make me order it yet...I just put down a small deposit and it holds it in the system and I can order it when it's closer to my wedding date. The only way I'll have to order it way ahead of time is if the dress is discontinued, but even then the store will keep the dress at their location for free

Can't wait to hear about your plans...I hope you'll post a pic of your dress when you choose one!

Oh WOW!! new
      #254511 - 03/26/06 03:22 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Kelly, that dress is AWESOME! I mean... seriously... wow, just awesome! And you look INCREDIBLE in it! I can see why you fell in love with it!

Beautiful ring, too!

And happy birthday!

Happy Birthday.. and Exciting dress and Ring!! -nt- new
      #254527 - 03/26/06 07:49 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Kelly !!!!!! new
      #254531 - 03/26/06 08:12 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

that has got to be about the most unique and beautiful dress I have ever seen. I would definatly want that if I were young and thin and getting married. You look georgeous in it. The ring came out nice, too.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

#254568 - 03/26/06 12:40 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You look AWESOME in it!!! And the red is pretty darn cool...wish I had thought of that. LOL!

Stunning!!!

#254582 - 03/26/06 01:45 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

That dress is beautiful! Like a Valentine. You'll be a gorgeous bride. Love the ring, too, and glad your diamond didn't "explode" after all.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#254591 - 03/26/06 02:49 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

WOW! The dress is really dramatic, I like the veil with it too, it works with the bare shoulders I think. I wore a veil for my wedding that really annoyed me as I didn't clip it on right, but it looks great coming up the aisle. No need for the adidas- you can get wedding sneakers!!!!!!1

I LOVE the way the ring turned out, it's fabulous, it looks so great. I love the setting too, it's quite similar to the one I have that I adore.

Best of luck wedding planning

--------------------
S.

Kelly girl! new
      #254634 - 03/26/06 11:34 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

You have just had too much go on in your young life. i tell ya. I'm guessing you have depression or bipolar...or something similar, where you go through episodes and stretches?

I hope that everything works out with the insurance. My mom is an adjuster and by God she is hated more than the gangstas who do drive by's out here. Jeepers, it's a tough job!!:)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: WOW! new
      #254643 - 03/27/06 04:54 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

You look amazing! Congrats. It's hard to find a dress you like, but man, that one is beautiful!! I like your taste.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Gooooooor-jusssss!!! nt new
      #254645 - 03/27/06 04:57 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

#254650 - 03/27/06 05:52 AM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

I love your dress. It has such awesome detail:). I am sure you are going to look great on your wedding day. Your ring turned out perfect! Congratulations again.

Like a dream!!! How perfectly beautiful!!! -nt- new
      #254655 - 03/27/06 06:49 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#254673 - 03/27/06 07:53 AM
Vicam

Thanks It's really helpful because it's going to help set a tone for the whole wedding color wise and stuff...which I would have been totally clueless at doing.

Re: WOW! new
      #254674 - 03/27/06 07:54 AM
Vicam

Thanks I can't believe I lucked out loving the first one I tried so much...I kinda want to go try on other ones though just because I never even tried an all-white one...but I know this is the one for me.

#254675 - 03/27/06 07:55 AM
Vicam

Thanks Jen,

I'm glad my diamond didn't "explode" either...very relieved! BTW, did you get the last email I sent you? Because I haven't heard from you in awhile and I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you, I've recently found out I've been having some problems with my server

#254676 - 03/27/06 07:57 AM
Vicam

Thanks Cailin,

Won't be too much planning happening yet since wedding isn't until 2008...but glad I got the dress.

Thanks for the link to the "wedding sneakers" I may stick with my Adidas though because they've been my signature shoe for over 10 years (kinda pathetic I know...but when I find something I like, I stick with it).

BTW, what do you do with your engagement ring? Do you wear it all the time? I can't decide whether I should be taking mine on and off when I shower, wash etc.

#254677 - 03/27/06 07:57 AM
Vicam

Thanks Tina, I'm glad you like it!

Re: Kelly !!!!!! new
      #254678 - 03/27/06 07:58 AM
Vicam

Thanks Carol, glad you liked it

Re: Oh WOW!! new
      #254679 - 03/27/06 07:58 AM
Vicam

Thanks Casey! Glad you liked it!

Ring new
      #254684 - 03/27/06 08:05 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

The only time I take mine off is if I am using bleach to clean and don't have gloves, I eat, wash, sleep, everything in it. Mine's hard to take off as I have big knuckles so it's much easier that way !

--------------------
S.

that was the dress i wanted!! you THIEF!!!!! new
      #254691 - 03/27/06 08:44 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

except my out-of-shape body wouldn't fit in something like that...lol...my prego tummy....and it was a small wedding...but i saw that dress i lovedddd it...it's from david's bridal, right???

#254703 - 03/27/06 09:16 AM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

I haven't gotten anything from you in quite awhile, so I'm guessing that I didn't get your last email. I have a different email address I prefer to use rather than my "public" one, I'll email you again.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#254712 - 03/27/06 09:39 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh my gosh Kelly, I LOVE the dress! The red detail in gorgeous!!! Its very beautiful!! You look fabulous in it and are going to make a lovely bride!

Happy belated birthday and I hope all the medical and disability stuff gets sorted out real soon! Hugs

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 100 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3936

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review