All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Kelly!! new
      #254492 - 03/25/06 09:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Oh my, Kelly, that is just the most beautiful dress!! You look so so beautiful, that must have been such a fun day! What a relief to also have such a big decision done, so you know you've got that one dealt with!

Your ring also looks really beautiful, I'm glad you got it after waiting so long.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Kelly!! new
      #254500 - 03/26/06 12:13 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks Steph...you're right, it was fun and it is a relief to have such a big decision out of the way. Plus, I didn't have to spend days and days trying on wedding dresses (which really isn't my thing)

Re: WOW!!! new
      #254501 - 03/26/06 12:17 AM
Vicam

Hi Shannon!

Thanks I've had a lot of people saying the red detailing is fairly new...that particular dress actually comes in 46 different color options...it's crazy!

As for the sedatives...it's kinda a long story but if you want to know I'll attempt to shorten it for you. I think you know that I've been off work on a short-term disability leave because of mental illness. Well, earlier this month the insurance company decided I had to be back at work beginning of April because of one indepedent medical exam they sent me for (with a psychiatrist they picked out). The guy was an idiot who barely asked me anything and then just recommended I go back to work. Meanwhile I've got my GP, psychiatrist and psychologist adamently saying I can't go back to work yet. So now I'm in a big battle with a big insurance company and just feeling really bullied. We had to push our wedding back to 2008 from 2007 because things are so up in the air with all of this, and it's just been really stressful. I should hear by the end of the week if the insurance company is going to change their minds (my psychiatrist sent them a lot of letters and lab work indicating why I couldn't go back) but if they don't, I could lose my job.

So I've been extra stressed and they've been giving me extra sedation to try and handle it because they want to make sure that I'm safe. So I've been a little out of it. Plus, I had to have a bunch of dental work done (nothing serious but I'm terrified of dentists) so I needed extra sedation on top of what I normally take to get me through that.

Whew! Sorry...I tried to make it short

Re: Pictures of me in my wedding dress (and the engagement ring) new
      #254502 - 03/26/06 12:19 AM
Vicam

Thanks It was sweet of you to say I have a tiny waist...I'm still fighting some bad eating disorder and body image issues so when I saw the pictures I thought I looked kinda fat...which logically I know is silly but that was of course my first thought, so I appreciate what you said.

Thanks! -nt new
      #254503 - 03/26/06 12:19 AM
Vicam

#254504 - 03/26/06 12:20 AM
Vicam

Thanks Shelby! I'm glad you liked it and was happy to share. And thanks for the birthday wishes as well...I had a lovely day.

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! new
      #254505 - 03/26/06 12:21 AM
Vicam

Hey Nelly!

Wow...someone saying I have style...believe me, not something I hear every day. I should probably let you know that I have every intention of wearing white Adidas running shoes under the dress

Sadly I can't invite you all to the wedding, I think that would take me waaay out of my budget But that would be wonderful!!!

Thanks!!! -nt new
      #254506 - 03/26/06 12:22 AM
Vicam

#254507 - 03/26/06 12:23 AM
Vicam

Thanks Shell I was never much into weddings (haven't been to one in years) but this has been kinda fun. There won't really be any more planning (except in my head) for awhile while I deal with my health issues...but I just had to snap up the dress just in case...I loved it too much to let it get away.

#254508 - 03/26/06 12:24 AM
Vicam

Thanks Kate!

It's funny you say I look "in command" because while we were taking pictures a big bridal party came in and I almost had a total panic attack (there's that darn social anxiety disorder at work). Thankfully I held it together and kept my composure. They were nice and smiling and saying I looked pretty so that helped!

And the train was my favorite part of the dress so I'm glad you like it...it even looks pretty bustled (I'm learning wedding words)...very exciting!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 216 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3948

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review