All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: I just got tested for lupus new
      #256289 - 04/04/06 02:55 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Nelly! I'm so glad you got tested for lupus poopus, and I'm happy to hear you don't have it. Do your symptoms sound similar to mine? Did the folks at the clinic say anything about getting retested later? What's your sed rate like?

Thanks so much for your kind words!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:Yep! new
      #256293 - 04/04/06 02:59 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Ok *phew* I'm working extra hard on returning e-mails when I'm depressed...so I'm glad I responded you. And don't worry about responding to me....as long as you are taking care of you that's all that matters to me right now *hugs* I love you!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: I just got tested for lupus new
      #256295 - 04/04/06 03:02 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Sed rate normal, blood came back negative. I don't have any arthritic issues, but for a long time my hair fell out (before I gained weight to get to a "healthy" BMI of 23). I get skin rashes in the sun, but not at other times. And I have other fibro things going on, which could overlap with lupus symptoms-- sores on my mouth, gums and tongue, widespread pain and fatigue, plus major sleep problems.

I talked at length about getting tested with Mel last week. We were both shaken at your diagnosis. With the blood they drew at the MD free clinic 2 weeks ago they tested me, so when I asked if I had it, they replied with a definitive NO. I will definitely get myself tested if my symptoms change!!

How are you doing? Have they offered councelling/support activities? Thanks for hanging around here. Your presence would definitely be missed.

~nelly~

Re:Update new
      #256501 - 04/05/06 11:37 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, I understand, I went through the same range of emotions with the RA and fibro dx!! At first I was just happy to have an answer to to know it wasn't all in my head!! Then, as you said, its like wow, I've got to deal with this FOREVER now!

I've tolerated the placquenil pretty well. Just a few days in the beginning that I felt "off" it didn't seem to upset my tummy too much it just made me feel unable to concentrate and a bit jumpy and edgy. Those things seemed to go away in 3 or 4 days. Remember though that it takes 3-6 months to really start working If you need some pain relief in the interm, ask about Indomethacin, its a prescription nsaid but its really helping me with the pain and swelling and hasn't been too hard on tummy although they did put me on previcid just in case!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 61 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review