All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: I have lupus. new
      #256256 - 04/04/06 02:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Did I respond to your response? I can't remembrr now?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thank you, Sinead. new
      #256258 - 04/04/06 02:10 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm doing pretty well, other than the lupus. LOL! But it's a mild case, I think, and I'm getting a lot of support from my friends and family. It is good to finally know and understand what's going on with my body.

Re:Yep! new
      #256260 - 04/04/06 02:12 PM
lalala

I just haven't been responding to any emails lately. I've mostly been sleeping and eating - oh, and doing some spring cleaning!

Thank you, Terry! -nt- new
      #256261 - 04/04/06 02:12 PM
lalala

Re: Sand new
      #256265 - 04/04/06 02:19 PM
lalala

So good to hear from you! And thanks for your support. *hugs!*

I'm glad to have an answer too - I was just at that point where I was going to give up and say, "Maybe it is just in my head." Now, I feel like I don't have to quit working or always keep track symptoms or feel so guilty about not being able to do everything I want to do.

Re: Vicam new
      #256269 - 04/04/06 02:21 PM
lalala

I really like my rheumy. He whistles a lot while he's thinking, which is cute and unsettling at the same time. LOL!

I know you've been going through a lot lately, and I really hope you're getting the help you deserve from your doctors. Please keep us updated on how you're doing! Oh, and I love hearing about your wedding plans - such a beautiful dress you picked out!

Re: Hugs! new
      #256276 - 04/04/06 02:29 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Give us an update as to how you're doing.
XOXO, A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Maria new
      #256279 - 04/04/06 02:35 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Thanks You're really sweet to be thinking about me when you're going through this. I think I'm finally on the right track...hopefully I'm right. And thanks for saying that you like the dress...I'm really excited about it! There probably won't be a lot of other plans for awhile just because the wedding isn't until 2008, but who knows?

I just got tested for lupus new
      #256281 - 04/04/06 02:38 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I got tested at the free clinic and just came home from getting my lupus tests results back (ANA and RA). I don't have it. Thanks for being so brave and giving me the courage to get tested.

I hope you stick around to keep inspiring me and others and keep us informed regarding your treatment!

~nelly~

Re:Update new
      #256287 - 04/04/06 02:51 PM
lalala

My urine test came back normal! Whooo! Thanks everyone for your good thoughts and prayers. (I can't believe I'm so excited about my pee.)

I have a "med check" appointment with my PCP and my eye exam this week. I start taking my new lupus med on Sunday. I've stocked up on my safest (for IBS) foods, teas, and Imodium, in case I feel nauseated or have other GI side effects. I'm also working with my work supervisor and someone in personnel about getting on long-term disability; I'm almost out of leave and I want to make sure I don't lose any pay or benefits if I continue to feel so bad or if I get worse.

Here's something strange: I thought I was dealing pretty well with this lupus diagnosis. To me, from what I've read and from what the rheumy said, it's not as serious as it used to be. I mean, it is (the fatigue, pain, and arthritis SUCK), but there are a lot more treatment options and ways to manage it than 20 years ago. I am hopeful that the medicine will work.

Anyway, when I went to pick up the Plaquenil and was talking to the pharmacist I started tearing up! I don't usually cry in public, so it really surprised me to feel so...emotional. I was really happy when I first got the diagnosis ("An answer! Finally!"), but as the days passed I felt stuck and anxious - as though by having lupus I was being forced into a relationship or commitment. Isn't that weird?

I don't remember what I was thinking when I was at the pharmacy, but getting the medication just made the diagnosis REAL.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 133 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12464

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review