All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
How you met your partner
      #25390 - 11/04/03 02:24 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

People speak of their partners, husbands, boyfriends,etc with such fondness, that I was wondering how you all met.

I met my boyfriend in a chatroom when I was in uni - we were countries apart and engaging in old fashioned country rivalry over sports!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: How you met your partner new
      #25396 - 11/04/03 04:04 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

I met my fiance at work! LOL

#25402 - 11/04/03 05:57 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I met mine at work too - I was his secretary! LOL

Like Sands thru the hour glass....these are the days of our lives LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#25414 - 11/04/03 07:37 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I met my partner at work too.

What was the original spelling, Lana??

--------------------
- Jennifer

#25418 - 11/04/03 07:56 AM
tnchawk

Loc: New Ken, PA

I've known my husband since I was 13..15 long years ago! We have the same circle of friends and began dating after I graduated college....I married him despite all that I knew!

--------------------
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about???

#25420 - 11/04/03 08:13 AM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

I met mine at College durning an Intervarsity meeting.

#25443 - 11/04/03 09:54 AM
Lana_Marie

Original Definately. I never knew it was wrong...who knows how many years i have been writing it like this LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#25445 - 11/04/03 09:56 AM
Jennifer Rose

Loc: Fremont, CA

Ooh yeah.. I think I finally corrected myself 6 months ago on that when spell check kept correcting me. LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#25477 - 11/04/03 12:58 PM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

This is kind of a long story....but here it goes.....
I was 26 and kind of just quit trying so hard to find that "special someone". My mom went to the beautician on a weekly basis and this beautician had also cut my hair when I was a child. One Friday, after here hair appointmen, my mom called me and said that the beautician had asked her if I was seeing anyone and if not would it be ok for her to give my number to this other lady who she cut hair on a regular basis. She thought this other lady's son and I were a perfect match. So every week for about a month and a half, my mom would ask me if it was OK for the beautician to give this guys mom my number. Finally I said yes just to get them off my back never thinking the guy would call. Well about a month later I had a terrible cold and guess who called. Yup, it was him. We couldn't go out because of my cold but we talked on the phone for nearly 2 hours or more every time he called. He even asked if he could bring me some soup or anything. We were finally able to meet face to face on November 12, 1994 and have been together ever since. We moved in together just a couple months after we met and were married in 1998. We were waiting for the Fourth of July to fall on a Saturday so we could get married on the Fourth. In our conversations leading to our first date we discovered that I had grown up in a house across the alley from a property that his family owned and rented out! So I had probably seen him and his family at one time or another. In my old family photos in our back yard you can see their property and in his old family photos in the background you can see my childhood home.
There is a 13 year age difference between us but that doesn't matter.

#25480 - 11/04/03 01:22 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

We were introduced by a mutual friend. I thought he was nice and cute, but didn't put much stock in the whole thing. He pursued me a while before I realized he was serious! We've been together ever since, that was 1990, I was a senior in high school and he was a sophomore in college.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Nugget: new
      #25482 - 11/04/03 01:28 PM
Lana_Marie

Your story is so cool!!!

And I know how you feel:
There is 9 years between my husband and I.

I have found age doesn't matter!

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#25518 - 11/04/03 03:53 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Shane & I met online... in a Seattle Chat room on AOL in Nov 1997... he lived in the Northgate area in Seattle and I was still in Edmonds (15 mins away) at the time. He later moved to Alki Beach in West Seattle (about 30-40 minute drive due to traffic). We did not meet in person or know what the other looked like until Fed 10th 1999, we just emailed and talked on the phone. So close yet so far We had our first "date" Fed 14th 1999. He asked me to move in with him Dec 1999. We got engaged Oct 2001 and got married Aug 2002. Best thing in my life is this man I can tell ya that!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#25523 - 11/04/03 04:33 PM
leigh

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: texas

I met Jimmy at church. I knew him in high school, but we did not date until college. He asked me to marry him when he came home on leave after boot camp. Then a year later we planned our wedding in two weeks when he came home again on leave before he left on a 6 month tour of duty.

#25554 - 11/05/03 12:38 AM
WItalia

Reged: 09/17/03
Loc: Italy

I met my husband when I was 17. He was stationed here with the US Army and a friend of his asked if he could give him a ride to a local disco. He did not want to go as he hated discos. But his friend convinced him after all. So I knew his friend and he introduced us. I didn't like him at all and snobbed him the hole time there. Then, he kept coming around the club every time I was there... He got my work number from my keychain and started calling me there. I didn't want to have anything to do with him. But I guess persistence pays off... We got married 2 years later and have been married for almost 16 years now (and have 2 beautiful children...). He gave up his career to stay here with me... I believe in destiny!!! Ciao.

#25560 - 11/05/03 05:33 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

People have such interesting stories about how they met their loved one as if it was meant to happen!!!!

#25605 - 11/05/03 10:17 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I met my husband through my sister and church. She was dating him in junior high. For the next 5 years, we would never have, in our wildest imaginations, figured we would ever be together. Funny how things work out. He is the best husband in the world and I am glad my sister relationship with him didn't ruin things.

#30076 - 12/04/03 04:23 PM
TessLouise

Reged: 01/21/03
Loc: Nashville, TN

This is a long story too...I had dated a real jerk and then another real jerk (this is during senior year of college--last year! ), and while I was dating the second jerk, one of the jerk's nice friends asked me if I wanted to come to Florida over spring break with a group of about ten guys, but only one other girl. I went, even though the jerk and I broke up right before spring break--he wasn't going to Florida anyway.

Well, while in Florida I caught the attention of one of the guys on the trip who I hadn't known before. Next thing I knew he was head-over-heels for me. So that was the beginning of March. Now we're living together while he finishes school (he'll graduate next May), and I just met his parents over Thanksgiving--they love me. And he met my parents at my graduation, and they love him.

And a couple weekends ago we got my finger sized for an engagement ring....

Biology... TA! new
      #30098 - 12/04/03 07:11 PM
Shanna

Reged: 11/15/03
Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA

My boyfriend was a biology TA in a biology seminar I was enrolled in the first semester of my freshman year. He helped me study for the final and bought me lunch while we discussed evolutionary trees... I called him after the final and took him out to dinner. We had burritos I bought with my "dining dollars" (student currency). It was love at first sight... I had never before and never since felt such an attraction to someone in any sense of the word. Our love is enduring and strong... we have been together near three years. I graduate this May.

A side note, I have only made one C in my college carreer, and it was in that bio class! He apparently didn't go easy on me when grading my final... though he now admits he had a huge crush on me!

--------------------
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -- e e cummings

#30099 - 12/04/03 07:12 PM
Shanna

where did you go to college? what sport(s) did you play? what sport(s) did he play? do you guys still play your sport(s) for fun?

--------------------

#30100 - 12/04/03 07:14 PM
Shanna

what type of church did you meet at? how long have you been together? is your sister (happily) married now?

funny story! jr. high... hehe.

--------------------

#30101 - 12/04/03 07:16 PM
Shanna

what does your husband do for a living?

why do you think you guys hit it off from the start?

--------------------

#30102 - 12/04/03 07:18 PM
Shanna

do you guys have similar jobs? what do each of you do? do you still work at the same place, and how does that (did that) affect your relationship?

--------------------

does that mean you are the breadwinner? -nt- new
      #30103 - 12/04/03 07:19 PM
Shanna

--------------------

Anyone notice you meet that special someone when your not looking? -nt- new
      #30104 - 12/04/03 07:22 PM
Shanna

--------------------

#30135 - 12/05/03 07:20 AM
Nugget

Reged: 02/10/03

he works for our local school district. I think we hit it off from the very beginning because we are so much alike and enjoy the same things, have the same moral values, etc. We have the same sense of humor.

#30216 - 12/05/03 01:36 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I met my fiance last February, about three weeks after I'd broken up with my ex-fiance. He works in my sister's office. So I was in no mood for dating. Then, this past February we went on a date, two weeks later he told me he loved me, about a month after that I moved in and nine months to the date, he proposed!! Our wedding is on July 10, 2004.

--------------------
~jules

#30241 - 12/05/03 03:42 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

I first saw my partner at a club..thought he was the hottest thing and we locked eyes when we first saw each other. Then I had been dating an [censored]/alcoholic and thought I had to be with this guy instead of my current boyfriend, of whom I knew it wasn't going to last. So that summer after my first year of college I had a job placement (on the job training) at his office and he ended up being my boss for the entire summer. We had a field type job so we ended up working together alot, staying in a cabin and canoeing...very fun...I broke it off with the [censored] and ended up with my "boss" (after I had finished work of course), that was 3 years ago. It was an awsome summer getting to know each other before we started going out.

#30397 - 12/07/03 08:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

One of my uncles,my father's brother, I'll call him Avi, was dating this woman Yael. They broke up and she ended up marrying one of my father's other brothers! It worked out very well for them!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#30398 - 12/07/03 08:37 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

This is a long one...

I saw my hubby at the Rabbi's house. I went in the kitchen after Shabbos dinner that night to talk to him...and I couldn't speak! I grew up around guys...so he was the 1st guy I couldn't talk to in my life.

I thought he was so wonderful I tried to set him up with friends thinking he'd never look my way!

Meanwhile, I was dating this guy. I broke it off and told everyone I was close with that I was tired of dating boys...I wanted a man! I was ready to get married and I was gonna find him in 6 months. I went on a bunch of dates trying to find my husband (I got set up by people in the community). Then this guy I was in love with in high school and I decided to date to see if we were right. He wanted me to look up his profile on line...so I did...but I had to put in my profile too.

My husband found me on-line. He asked me out right away. At first he thought I was my best friend who he had also seen at the Rabbi's...but when he realized it was me he was THRILLED! He had told a family in the community about me...but he was too shy to ask the Rabbi.

I had a date with the guy from high school on Thur. night and I was spending Shabbos in his community. (sundown Fri. to sundown Sat). I told my hubby about the other date...we were e-mailing on-line...and he thought it was best to see what happened with the high school guy before we should go out.

Wed. night, the night before my date, my hubby and I spoke on the phone for 4 hours! The high school guy called through and I didn't even get it. Needless to say, Sat. night I met my hubby in person and we've been together since. We got enagaged just under 3 months and married in 7 months of knowing each other. We couldn't be happier with anyone else!!!!

P.S. It took us 4 months to meet...so I was right! I would know within 6 months....

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#30619 - 12/08/03 02:19 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

Tory and I have been together 9 1/2 years and we celebrate our 7th anniversary next month. Jan. 11 if you want the date.

My sister, Heather, has been happily married for over 9 1/2 and is expecting #4 (boy) a few weeks after their 10th anniversary. She had Tory and I walk up together in their wedding. He left me at the reception, after the wedding party dance, for this other girl who was not really interested in him. We started dating two months later. It just took him a little while.

Here is a link to our church. web page Meike is in the two & three's picture under children's ministry. You can't see her really well. She is towards the back looking at the camara.

My brother-in-law is the current youth pastor.

#30624 - 12/08/03 02:40 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Jules, we're getting married on the same day! I'm 1pm UK time, how bout you?
Linz

#30625 - 12/08/03 02:43 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Hey, another "engaged"!!! Congratulations!

Btw, your HTB looks just like my housemate - freaky!

Linz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5370

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review