All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Re: well well.. internship news to share! Advice needed.. Sorry this is long.. new
      #253801 - 03/22/06 03:45 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Congratulations on all that you have accomplished. I live 15 mins from Annapolis. Annapolis is a great city to live in and a wonderful atmosphere. We also have the naval academy (hint hint guys in uniform:)) Granted there are some no so great areas but for the most part is is a very nice place to live. My brother actually lives in a condo in Annapolis and he loves it. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. Good Luck!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Go For it .. -nt- new
      #253802 - 03/22/06 03:56 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: well well.. internship news to share! Advice needed.. Sorry this is long.. new
      #253826 - 03/22/06 05:43 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I agree with everyone! Go for it! You are young and you have no commitments. I think it is a great opportunity. Plus you will be close to your mom and dad right? Good luck with whatever you decide Ashly. You deserve the best!

yeah, my mom and dad live an hour away! -nt- new
      #253834 - 03/22/06 06:37 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04

--------------------

#253835 - 03/22/06 06:38 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

really.. thanks! what are the not so nice areas around there so I know to avoid them when looking for a place?

--------------------

#253847 - 03/22/06 07:18 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05

You really dont want to live down around West Street (which is like the main street with everything on it)and there are a few bad places on Forest Drive, Spa Road. I would recommend looking at the apartments/condos before you decide you want to live there. Defintely take a look at the neighborhood. Check with the others who live and intern in Annapolis to see where they live. There is some awesome information on the web on the city of annapolis.Good luck and let me know if I can help in any way.

#253853 - 03/22/06 07:34 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Congrats on the offer! I vote for Maryland, too. It's gotta be warmer down there, too, right?

If you're still unsure, go out for Chinese food this weekend and get a fortune cookie. Maybe you will get a fortune with something like "A change is in your future" and you will know it really is fate. Though most likely it will be something crappy like "The world will always be happy if you want it to" or "Little children are the joy in life". But oh well, at least you won't have to cook.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#253854 - 03/22/06 07:35 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Thanks for the info.. one of the interns actually recommended a complex on spa rd. haha.. she lives there and loves it. Avalon complex or something along those lines.. do you think thats a no no? how bad are the bad parts?

--------------------

#253855 - 03/22/06 07:36 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

hahaha oooh I love chinese! although my fortunes usually suck too

and it will be warmer, thats a plus!

--------------------

Re:Go for it Dr. Spice!!! new
      #253900 - 03/23/06 05:28 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I think it sounds like an excellent opportunity. I think it's just the uncertainty of living in a new place that's got you hesitant. You're a wonderful person so I'm sure you'll meet new friends very quickly and, speaking from someone who's over the "hill of 30 years" - take these cool opportunities while you're young. Spread your wings and go. New experiences always seem scary - but most are worth it!
Congratulations on the job offer, too!!!!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10760

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review