All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dog Lovers!! Tia needs your prayers, good thougths, hugs, whatever you have to offer!
      #253313 - 03/20/06 10:18 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

My sweet angel "Tia" red mini-dach, 8 yrs. I took her to the vet this morning, she has a slipped disk that is protruding into her spinal column and putting pressure on it. She is in (or was in, until they gave her pain meds) excrutiating pain. She is on an 8 day pack of Cortisone. The vet said that if her back legs give out on her, she will have to have surgery, that would mean me taking her to Texas A&M Veterinary School. Also there is a time period from the time her legs quit working until you get to A&M, it has to be within a 12 hour period. Also, not much guarantee the surgery $3000. will be successful. We should know within a few days how this treatment is working.

I don't want to deal with this, I wish it would just go away, but it is not. I love this dog, she is the cutest, most loving little angel I have ever had. She also loves to entertain us, or even company she does not know. She will jump up in a strangers lap (she did this to me in the waiting room at the Vet's office once) and turn her head from me and act like she doesn't know who I am. She can be quite the punisher. It doesn't matter, I love her, and can't imagine my life without her. I raised her from a pup, she is very attached to me and I to her. If I leave her with my son and his wife, she moans and cries until I return home (short trips). I pray that I am not the one to be moaning and crying in a few days.

I am willing to try anything to help her, short of prolonging her life is she is going to continue to suffer in pain.

I can't repeat enough times, how special this sweet little thing is, and how much I do love her.

Thanks for listening, I need some support and I know there are dog lover s out there.

lots of tears today. thanks friends.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dog Lovers!! Tia needs your prayers, good thougths, hugs, whatever you have to offer! new
      #253314 - 03/20/06 10:26 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh, Gayla, I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet, little doggie. I hope the Cortisone works for her. How sad. You're in my thoughts and big hugs to you!
Terri

Re: Dog Lovers!! Tia needs your prayers, good thougths, hugs, whatever you have to offer! new
      #253363 - 03/21/06 07:49 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry!! I was crying just having to leave Harley at the vet overnight to get him fixed last week, I can't even imagine going through something like this. Lets hope the steroids do the trick. Sending healing thoughts to Tia and hugs to you!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Big *hugs* and many goods thoughts are coming your way....nt new
      #253384 - 03/21/06 08:36 AM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

So very sorry, Gayla....... new
      #253577 - 03/21/06 05:47 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Gayla,

Yes, I am crying with you on this one.

As you know we had our beloved Rusty put down at 13yrs old last September. One of the hardest and saddest things I've ever had to do. It's so difficult when they are sick and you want to make them all better but sometimes you just can't.

I'm wishing you the best of luck that little Tia comes around with the meds she's on and gives you many more years of wet slobbery kisses. I know you love her dearly.

Hugs
Barbie

--------------------

#253582 - 03/21/06 06:55 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Aww, Gayla, so sorry to hear that your little sweetie pup is hurting. It hurts when we can't help them, doesn't it?

I hope so much that your dog, and you, feel better and that she heals quickly and completely!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Thanks everyone, she is doing better,,, new
      #253621 - 03/21/06 09:58 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I so appreciate all of your kind words. She is trying to move around more today, though I have to keep her crated for two weeks. This is going to be hard, because she thinks she is being punished when I shut the door and lock it. She was whining to get out this afternoon. We let her out for a few minutes, then she went back to bed. The vet gave her some strong pain meds, & cortisone. After 8 days, we will know something one way or the other. It looks to me that she is responding to treatment, and I pray she makes a full recovery.

Though life after this is going to be drastically different. We have to find a way to teach her that she cannot jump anymore. She is used to jumping in our laps at night while we are relaxing or watching a movie. She loves to run laps through the house and jump on the couch for a tummy rub, then off again to figure 8 every thing she can run around. It is so funny. She is so sweet and cute. Thanks again for your positive reasurance.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1130

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review