All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Tired. Fatigued. Ideas?
      #253246 - 03/20/06 02:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Between the fibro and the meds I take...I often find myself too out of it to drive and to do daily things (like cook and clean). I'm wondering if anyone has any tips?

What do you do when you're tired and you need a pick-me-up?

No caffeine (not EVER as it is bad for more than just my IBS) not even a bit of chocolate! No sugar either. It will have to come from another source.

Thanks for any info./advice *hugs*

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tired. Fatigued. Ideas? new
      #253256 - 03/20/06 04:08 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Hugs, Sarah! I'm tired a lot too. It's the OCD/Bipolar meds. I asked my Doc. I explained to him that I drag through days with my babies home, nap, sleep all night and am still tired, and then sleep all weekend. He said nothing. HELLO!!!

I've started taking vitamins again to make sure I'm not deficient in anything.

PS - I wanted to tell you I got a medic alert bracelet. On my med info sheets it said that my meds can interact with a lot of things and I should have one - so I did! You should look into it. They're about $40 - for the peace of mind - well worth it. On the back it says OCD, Bipolar and has a hotline number that provides emergency contacts plus a list of my meds. I can change the info anytime. Something to think about!
Love you XOXO
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

I was also going to suggest vitamins/nutrients in whatever form you can tolerate. Hugs to you BOTH! new
      #253267 - 03/20/06 04:46 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

I don't know if I'll be much help.... new
      #253270 - 03/20/06 04:53 PM
Alyson McG

Reged: 05/20/05
Loc: Vancouver Washington (IBS-A, but D prominant)

I suffer too but have found that if I force myself to get out for a walk everyday, it gives me a little energy. The dr told me to exercise regularly to help with it, so walking is my exercise of choice, maybe something else for you? I do still tend to nap a lot though. Sorry I'm not more help, but big *HUGS* are coming your way....

Alyson

--------------------
Everything in life happens for a reason, patience will eventually tell us what that is......

#253277 - 03/20/06 05:38 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Protein, maybe? I don't know how much protein you eat on a daily basis, but I know that my energy level really slags if I don't eat a LOT of protein... I'm talking... a significant amount with EVERY meal, at least. And I remember back when I had mono, my doctor really stressed getting A LOT of protein, to the point where I was eating pasta enriched with soy and things like that, so it really might help.

Hmm. I don't know... I'll keep thinkin'!

Can you take B vitamins? new
      #253281 - 03/20/06 05:46 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Specifically B12? I know that B12 is one of the main ingredients in the Energy Extract stuff my fibro doctor has me on. It really helps with the fatigue for me....in fact I can't take them after mid-afternoon or else I have problems sleeping!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

I agree, Alicia. new
      #253286 - 03/20/06 06:25 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Meds. really tire you out. My anti-convulsant dose has been raised and I'm totally worn out. So, Sarala, this is normal!

Kate.

Re: Chronic fatigue new
      #253370 - 03/21/06 08:00 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

How well do you sleep at night?? If you are not getting enough of the restorative sleep at night, nothing is going to help! Otherwise, I agree, the b-6 and b-12 vits and lots of protien and be sure to drink your water!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Ladies on meds...vitamins... new
      #253394 - 03/21/06 09:01 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

what do you when you can't drive? My husband can't drive without me in the car and I have to be awake enough to watch the lights (he has vision issues)...I NEED to be able to get groceries and stuff (esp now he is working late nights so it's all on my shoulders!) Do you have aby suggestions? The doc DID mention it could be the meds btw...

I cannot take vitamins other than a select few due to my interstitial cystitis. So no B Vitmains.

Thank you soooooooo much for the help everyone! Keep thinking for me *hugs*

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#253395 - 03/21/06 09:02 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Although not much helps, I find that doing some light stretching or going for a quick walk outside makes me feel a bit better.

Hugs, Sarala!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 300 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6586

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review