All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Ladies on meds...vitamins... new
      #253460 - 03/21/06 11:10 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

when I was falling asleep at the wheel the doc prescribed me provigil, they give it to pilots to keep them awake. It does work but I would get a migraine by the end of the day.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'll have to talk to my doc about provigil, thanks Christie *hugs* n-t new
      #253462 - 03/21/06 11:20 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#253465 - 03/21/06 11:26 AM
Snow for Sarala

I wish I could try B Vitamins. Atm I cannot as I am flaring from the IC and I have t try things when I'm not in a flare. Vitmains are often major triggers for many people...esp. B Vit. so I'm scared to try em but I may end up trying them eventually anyway.

Thanks for the advice and support Kate *hugs* How are you doing on the new med dose these days?

Sending you lots of love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Chronic fatigue new
      #253466 - 03/21/06 11:29 AM
Snow for Sarala

Well, I took your advice. I'm going out tonight with some friends! I plan to nap first but I'm gonna go and if I sleep oh well (it's a lecture...a religious one..and I'm totaly psyched to be going!!)

I def notice fresh air helps. And yes...there is wAY too much silence around me. Some noise might just help

Thanks again *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Chronic fatigue new
      #253467 - 03/21/06 11:31 AM
Snow for Sarala

I'm glad you have Harley back!

You're right...if the sleep isn't goos sleep it doesn't matter. Quality over quantity. And with fibro it's soo hard to know if it's the meds or the fibro making me so Zonked!

I'm glad they found something to help your muscles relax. Do you have RLS?

Sending you lots of love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Don't know how to help... new
      #253470 - 03/21/06 11:34 AM
Snow for Sarala

The only alternative is to switch meds and start all over. Not what you want to do when it takes months to find something that works

I apreciate the love ans support. It might not wake me up but it sure does make a girl feel good

I love you!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

ReDo pharmacies in the US deliver? new
      #253481 - 03/21/06 12:12 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

They do in Canada. You just call up and ask for what you want and they deliver it. Even prescriptions.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#253489 - 03/21/06 12:40 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I cannot take B vitamins either--they make me really nauseated and I vomit. Plus, they leave this horrible aftertaste that won't leave me for 3 days!

I'm mostly more tired, like you. My vision isn't blurry. My pupils are really dilated & I 'm light sensitive. I have a weird kind of focussing problem which makes reading for long periods of time challenging. The initial major nausea phase is over, though. So...I live a lazy leisurely life--what can I say? I guess my balance when walking is a little drunken or drugged appearing. I guess, I'm not blinking enough or spaced out seeming. Does this sound familiar? Are you more clumsy/awkward? Do you "space" out really easily, too?

Kate.

Way to go, Snow! new
      #253492 - 03/21/06 12:46 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Snow, way to go! Actually, I do that kind of stuff all the time--more for the "going" than the topic--more for the hanging out and getting out & beyond myself--for the fun, the play, the sounds...

I spend too much time in solitude. I suspect that you do too. I live like a bird in a cage with wings but no feathers. It's nothing for me to go for days without speaking, even, if I'm not careful. My life--a silent movie. I'll be silly and think in "bubble thoughts" and captions somedays. When I'm old, I will be incorrigible. So long as I don't smell of mothballs.

Kate.

Re: Tired. Fatigued. Ideas? new
      #253507 - 03/21/06 01:12 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

hello, unfortunately, I will not be too much help however, I have read that getting more than 9 hours of sleep maximum per night actually makes you feel more tired, and less rested than getting a regular 7-9 hours per night. I'm not sure why, but its something about the rhythms etc. I'd look it up, I think there is some sense to it. Sometimes I feel better on 8hours then I do on 10 or 11.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1365 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6734

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review