--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Chronic fatigue new
      #253403 - 03/21/06 09:15 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I get about 12 hours a night! It doesn't seem like anything is enough. I'm really beginnign to think it's the meds I take. I just wish I knew what to do about these sleepies! They're awful

Thanks for the advice *hugs* I hope you have Harley back by now btw?

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Don't know how to help... new
      #253413 - 03/21/06 09:21 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

...but wanted to offer you some support and hugs, sweetie.

Have you talked to your doctor? Is this a normal reaction to the drugs? Are there alternative drugs that don't have this sleepy effect...or at least as severe?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#253433 - 03/21/06 10:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

It doesn't matter so much the quanity of sleep your getting, its the QUALITY of sleep! Even though I was in bed for 12 hours a night, I didn't sleep much of it and I slept so lightly that I never felt rested. Will used to always complain about me jerking in my sleep as well. The Zanaflex (muscle relaxer) is really helping with this and now I sleep 7 maybe 8 hours but feel 10times as rested as I did before!

I've also noticed that when you post what you eat on the exercise board, that you don't eat much at all!! Your body needs calories and some fat to function! I know you have issues with a lot of foods but maybe if you try to add in some extra carlories, that might give you a bit of energy also! Love and Hugs!
P.S Harley is home and doing well! He's napping at my feet as I type this!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Ladies on meds...vitamins... new
      #253450 - 03/21/06 10:39 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Okay, note that certain meds. do interfere with absorption of certain vitamins, especially those B's! Be careful of anemia,
B-6/folic acid deficiency & B 12. I've had all of the above and felt worse than seagull poop splatter. Also, hydration is a huge factor (sodium/potassium--your basic electrolytes). My doc. gives me big time lectures if my sodium/potassium levels are low, so...I've got to eat the veggies. Also, make sure you get enough minerals. It's hard not to get enough protein in this part of the world, so...don't worry too much about that. B12 shots, though made a huge difference in my energy/life. I don't absorb it from food for some bizzarre inexplicable reason. I had no stores when tested. The B vitamins do make a difference in your brain function.

Re: driving. Your best bet is to be hyper-organized when you shop. Is delivery an option? Do you have friends or people from your religious circles who can take you along on certain days when they shop? Someone in your building? Keeping lots of ready to go frozen foods helps, too, I guess.

I guess organization is the key here if getting out to shop is limited. You need to anticipate your needs for a specific period of time. I do understand. I only really go out food shopping once a week. Indeed I hate food shopping.
But, I understand that you cannot just "zip" out and "pick something up" spontaneously or at the last minute & that this is totally frustrating & depressing because well...there is a certain "fun" in just being out and well...interfacing/interacting.

Kate.

#253454 - 03/21/06 10:46 AM
Wind

Oh, I totally hear you on the 12 hours not feeling like enough. Since my tegretol has been increased I am SO BAGGED, that there are morbid moments when I feel you may as well toe-tag me, lol! Sometimes it's hard enough to get up enough energy to eat or take a shower. BUT I DO IT. I agree on the "go out for a stroll" solution or yoga/stretching--nothing major. Mostly I just pick up the mail just to get some fresh air. If I feel up to driving I'll grab a java, etc. I make lots of "dates" with friends to just "hang."

If fruits/veggies agree with you, eat lots of them because you will feel energized. I've started herb gardening again just for the high that watching things grow and smelling them pro-offers.

Stockpile books, magazines...put on the tunes...this will alter your energy field enormously. I suspect that you are surrounded by too much silence and the silence will put you straight to sleep.

I babble. I guess...I know how you feel, Sarala.

Kate.

#253455 - 03/21/06 10:49 AM
Wind

Oh this is bad, Michele. It's almost 2 o'clock in the afternoon & all I've eaten is black coffee, sugarless gum, and now mint tea. Okay, time to look in the fridge. No more avoidance. I'm having a sleepy bummed day--better wake up that brain with nutritional information.

Kate.

I know ALL about this...
      #253456 - 03/21/06 10:51 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

so first I want to say I feel for you. Being so fatigued you can't drive and perform daily tasks is just awful!!

As you probably know from my posts I have been so tired I have fallen asleep at the wheel. What I have been doing is light exercise (stretching), increasing water intake, and a decent bedtime (7-8 hours of sleep at least).

All that has helped but the biggest improvement is from the Energy Extract pills I have been taking which Nelly told me about. They are by no means a cure for the fatigue but they help considerably, I am able to function during the day. They are kinda expensive though! I paid like 50 bucks for a month's supply.

Hope you get relief soon!!

HUGS,

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 308 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6991

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review