All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Needing hugs.....calling all u college people....the stress is too much!!! (LONG LONG VENT)
      #252009 - 03/13/06 05:52 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

So, its now gona be 10 weeks this wednesday until my final hand in for my BA (hons) Degree in Interior Design. I CAN NOT believe that Im graduating so soon, I honestly feel like i only started last week....and last year I didnt work as hard as I used to due to distractions etc and having too much fun and so Ive had to work extra hard this year to keep up. Well Im just sooooo depressed at the moment cos I have so much work to do, its all sooo unorganised aswell...sketches everywhere, bits of note and paper all over the place....its like my head is gona explode. Plus Ive got so many things to be doing at once and I feel like Im putting some of them off and concentrating on others and then Im gona have to cram in the other stuff in the end...like my report which I REALLY DONT want to do cos I know I can do well in it.

Whats tipping me over the edge is my tutor....shes really p***ed me off today. She keeps talking to me in a patronising voice and shes do unsympathetic and likes to make you feel bad.....shes expecting me to have so much done for a presentation in the morning and she only saw me today so she knows what I havent done and what needs to be done....and its like she thinks Im superhuman and is expecting me to work all night....its a completely pointless presentation aswell. None of us are anywhere near presentation standard at the moment and it doesnt count for any grade or anything, they just think it will be a good 'kick up the backside' as they put it.

Well Ive spent the whole weekend stressing about it, I havent done a presentation in a good while and this is the first time in a LONG time Ive had to do a full class one and stand and speak about....Ive had butterflies since FRIDAY and I havent slept properly since then either. I had a nightmare that I had cancer in my eyeball and that I only had 3 weeks to live, it was awefull and Ive got constant knots in my tummy. Ive been OVERDOSING MAJORLY on the immodium cos Ive been in agonising pain everyday. Ive already gone through so many tablets and I only got a new prescription the other week. I feel like its all not worht all this stress.

I keep telling myself its only a degree its not life or death, but the tutors are adding more and more pressure and its not helping. One of the tutors is great, but shes ill this week, the other is the one who constantly likes to tell me in tutorials...'you've got a lot of work to do natalie' or 'you know you're gona have to work hard tonight natalie' but in a patronising voice that is literally making my head cave in. I just cant take the pressure and its stopping me from being able to work cos I just cant do it when Im feeling so bad and so stressed.

I need a break. I cant wait till its all over and I can have a holiday somewhere. Please send me lots of hugs.....I nearly started crying today cos I was thinking how much I need support off someone....Ive got nobody here to give me that....I need some reassurance that everything will turn out ok. How do all you students deal with it?

Im thinking of not going in in the morning....its 1.37am now and I would have to be up at 8 plus Im not finished so I wouldnt get to bed till atleast 3....and thats gona mean horrendous D in the morning cos of lack of sleep....so I feel like staying in bed, resting my body cos it jut cant take anymore, Im making myself physically ill...Im drained. The presentations not worth anything and I feel like taking that pressure off myself will make me work better. My body is telling me its had enough, I keep going dizzy, I have no appetite....I hate feeling like this cos Im usually such a positive person. I think also the fact that I feel like some people at uni are ahead of me is making it worse. And if I dont go in Ill have to explain myself of thursday....and I hate that...why shoudl I have to...we all know how NOT GOOD the tummy excuse is and how they really DONT CARE if you have a tummy disorder.....I can picture my tutors face now....I feel like telling her shes making the situation worse and she needs to let me breathe so I can clear my head and work properly....its like shes suffocating me or something.

I know my problems arent half as bad as everyone elses....but please send me happy thoughts...and any advice from anyone about what to do to help me cope....what do you think I should do over the presentation??....make myself ill and dose up on immodium and go in for it??....or let myself rest, refresh myself and take the day off to work from home?? I hate the fact that if I dont go in I'll have to feel guilty for it....grrrrrrrrrrrrr

ok rant over....sorry for boring you guys....I just had to let off steam!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Needing hugs.....calling all u college people....the stress is too much!!! (LONG LONG VENT) new
      #252026 - 03/13/06 06:53 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Oh I feel for you so much, I know exactly what you are going through right now. I am back in school (already have a Bachelor's Degree) and I am in the final stretch of my first year of a two year program. My problem is that as if I wasn't stressed enough our teachers went on strike. I could start ranting now but I don't wanna get all wound up before bed lol. It is totally unfair and very stressful not to know when I will be going back to class and if I will lose my year and hard earned money that I have already paid out. On top of that I am teaching myself right now, and working on group projects and presentations that would be alot easier with my teacher's input. I just feel overwhelmed with work and hope I can get it all done. I thought I would handle it alot better considering it is my second time being in school, I guess I've reminded myself what crunch time is like!!!
Just think about how soon it will be before it is all over though, you have worked hard and it will pay off. It is a sacrifice now but it will be worth it.
Try to stay calm, my tummy hasn't been too bad yet (there I go jinxing myself again).
Take care of yourself! and good luck!
Btehany

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Thanks so much betharoo..... new
      #252083 - 03/14/06 04:41 AM
Natalie1985

you made me feel a lot better. Ive just woken up....its 12.38 and I was meant to be in at 10, my body really needed that rest and tummy has been very bad so I needed it to let it have that break. If my tutor is off with me on thursday well she can stuff it....Im gona spend today working my head around stuff and sorting everything out so I feel more orderly, pick myself up and carry on.....

I hope everything works out ok for you too...my teachers also went on strike last week....just what u DONT NEED when you already dont get enough time with them anyways! GRRRRRRRR makes me so mad too.....I'll keep my fingers crossed that you dont have to repeat the year or anything.....good luck with all your work......((((((((((hugs)))))))))

--------------------
Natalie

Whew... this is why I dont' miss college - hugs and hang in there!!! nt new
      #252089 - 03/14/06 05:02 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Hang in there! new
      #252129 - 03/14/06 08:23 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, that does sound like a lot of stress! I think its probably good that you skipped this morning, just try to use this time to get as organized as possible! I know I usually feel better about things when they are organized. It'll be over before you know it and you'll be on a lovely holiday soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Needing hugs.....calling all u college people....the stress is too much!!! (LONG LONG VENT) new
      #252132 - 03/14/06 08:31 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ok....take a breath. I feel your exhaustion and the fact that you're super overwhelmed. Yikes.

I guess the best thing to do is form a plan of attack on how you'll be able to get through this. You WILL get through it. It will be over with and the stress WILL end.

Your tutor sounds like a know-it-all. Tell her to stop that, she's supposed to be helping you.

You definitely need a break. Can you go away for even just a weekend? You need to excape for a little while.

Please take care, this is temporary and then your life will be back to "normal".

#252134 - 03/14/06 08:47 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

awww darling.. I feel your pain!

I'm incredibly stressed right now, trying to juggle and internship, classes, homework/papers/projects, waitressing and NOW on top of all that trying to find an internship somewhere for next year.

I've contacted about fifty million people, and about fifty million are responding.. which sounds good.. but its stressing me out bc now I have to keep them all straight and make some serious decisions while trying to juggle everything else.

I'm telling you.. being a student is a pain in the butt and I can certainly commiserate. I would tell you just to chill out and relax, but I know thats easier said than done. I'm sure you'll do fabulously however! you wouldn't have gotten as far as you have if you weren't smart and couldn't handle it! GOODLUCK!!

--------------------

Thanks michelle..... new
      #252142 - 03/14/06 09:22 AM
Natalie1985

Its the thought of a holiday thats getting me through it....I cantw ait to relax....Im feeling bit better about it today....Im dreading having to face my tutor with excuses on thursday but I know I was right to take the day off and breathe....now I can try and organise myself...

--------------------
Natalie

Thankyou ashley..... new
      #252143 - 03/14/06 09:26 AM
Natalie1985

I knew you'd respond cos I know how much stress you have to go through with college...I hope you get an internsihip Im sure you will...people would be stupid not to take you on...you are super intelligent...I always think so from reading ur posts.....I am trying to take a breather....get my head into gear and face the next 10 weeks with fighting spririt...I know I can get there....its just the thought of what I have to do that is SOOOOOOO DAUNTING....but I must not think about that......

--------------------
Natalie

Thankyou...im trying to hang in there....*think fighting spirit natalie! n/t new
      #252144 - 03/14/06 09:27 AM
Natalie1985

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 534 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1524

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review