All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)
Re: Michelle new
      #251878 - 03/12/06 09:58 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Wow, Shannon, I wish I lived in an area that offered a church like yours. Three different sermon styles to choose from, awesome. It keeps people in church, and brings more in. Your group is truly working for the Lord!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:Thanks for taking the time Jaime new
      #251879 - 03/12/06 10:02 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

I do appreciate the time you gave to help me find the anwer to this question. I have asked it several times, but never got a reply. Thanks again!!!

Re: Thanks Girls new
      #251894 - 03/13/06 08:25 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I know that Catholic Priest was out of line but what an awful thing to say to a 17 year old! I was trying to do what my first husbands family wanted and get married in there Church but we ended up getting married in a small, non denominational country Church and it all turned out fine! I only continue to have issues with Churches because I am very liberal and just don't agree with the Church telling people they are bad or will go to Hell or whatever because they disagree with some things, like being gay. And even after all I've gone through to try to have a baby and knowing what I do about when the heart starts beating and everything, I'm still pro-choice. I don't think I could ever have an abortion but I certainly can't fault a women if she does. Wills brother is leaving for Russia next month for 6 years to be a Missionary. So, I definitely get a lot of over the top religion, in my opinion, and while I think if someone wants to learn about God or Jesus thats great, tech them. But I also don't think its right to go to poor places and teach them the ONLY way to save themselves is to believe everything the Church tells them. I have no problems at all with people who are religious, don't get me wrong here and if someone says they will pray for me, I think thats great. But I also think that its ok not to be religious and would hope that people don't judge me for my lack of belief. In my opinion, it all comes down to how someone acts, not what someone believes.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Chinagirl new
      #251906 - 03/13/06 09:26 AM
michele

My hubby gave those two books to me months ago and I still haven't read them. I assumed they were "God" religious things, it sounds like I am wrong? I have them in my desk drawer, its rainy and slow today, maybe I'll pull them out!

Listening to everyones beliefes is rather interesting but I also just don't have the ability for faith. I think that my biggest issue is that I just can not believe that anything is all perfect and I've just heard of too many terrible things being done in the name of God.

--------------------

For those of you who don't believe in God...(a question with no offense intended) new
      #251923 - 03/13/06 10:30 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

When good things happen...like a miraculous pregnancy...unexpected financial blessing...unexpected healing of a sick loved one and such, I thank God for blessing me.

What do you do?

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: For those of you who don't believe in God...(a question with no offense intended) new
      #251927 - 03/13/06 10:37 AM
michele

Hmm, well, honestly God never crosses my mind. If I get pregnant, I think the fertility drugs finally worked. If someone gets well who has been sick, I think finally the dr's figured out what was wrong or that there body finally fought whatever it was off. If I find an extra 20 bucks in my checking account when I balance my checkbook, I go get a pedicure!! LOL!

--------------------

Mikvah... new
      #251932 - 03/13/06 11:08 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

We study the mikvah briefly in the discipleship class I teach. The title of the class is "The Biblical and Historical Perspective of Women". The mikvah is a lovely tradition and if given the opportunity would be interested in experiencing that.

We may have opened a can of worms here and I know that I am not the one to explain mikvah to others. I believe it is beautiful.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Re: For those of you who don't believe in God...(a question with no offense intended) new
      #251964 - 03/13/06 01:42 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I personally think it's good luck!

To me, it doesn't make sense to thank god for a good thing because on the flip side -- do you also blame him when something bad happens or someone dies???

Re: Chinagirl new
      #251985 - 03/13/06 04:16 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Yes, through out history there have been many terrible things done in the name of God, but we were given free will. It is man and his own darkness, or insecurities that has done these awful things.

Gracie new
      #252039 - 03/13/06 07:39 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm so impressed with your replies. You stick up for your beliefs and I admire that. Thank you for helping to explain the Christian view point.

Some of these posts have been very difficult for me to read as a Believer. Thank you for being so brave.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 108 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 340565

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review