All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)
thank you, China Girl! I think I need to clarify for everyone. new
      #251543 - 03/10/06 08:06 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

When I said, "to me the saddest or most wrong thing in life is to have NOTHING to believe in." I meant that you ahve got to have hope and a goal for happiness and making the world a safer, better place. I think inside all of us aught to exist the desire to want more of ourselves, to leave the world better than we found it. I dind't mena you need God per se to believe in, but you need something...hope, the human spirit, yourself even...to believe in.

I hope that clarifies. I don't think Atheists are awful people. After all, I love all of you, no matter what you subscribe to.

Thanks!:)

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

PS- China girl, have you read up on Buddhism/Taoism?. new
      #251544 - 03/10/06 08:08 PM
_Willow

Many of the Eastern religions are godless, but Buddhists are some of the most peaceful and happy people in the world.

if you were ever in the mood to look, lol.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

I did, didn't i? It's fascinating! new
      #251545 - 03/10/06 08:09 PM
_Willow

And I just feel like God is hugging me right now.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thank you for clarifying. So is LDS more comfortable? NM new
      #251546 - 03/10/06 08:16 PM
_Willow

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

That is SO cool! new
      #251548 - 03/10/06 08:20 PM
_Willow

I bet you have Gorgeous wigs! I didn't think you'd wear anything "freaky-deaky" as I say,LOL! That's beautiful that you keep everything sacred. I guess in a way that's similar to the Muslim outfits the women wear(brain fart...it's starts with a K I think!) but then again, the taliban went a litttttttle crazy with that one, I think. Sometimes I want to scream "Pull it off and weat a T shirt and Jeans! Liberate yourself!!" Of course, don't ever ask Me to wear a bikini, that's too liberating, lol. So it's ALL relative!

I love you too Sarala! This is so neat learning about everything!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thanks Jamie...I did know new
      #251550 - 03/10/06 08:24 PM
_Willow

about the blood, as I can admit I remember that part of Exodus I think it is... anyhow, I also know that pork was more wimpy and would die if being taken anywhere by nomadic peoples. Not very reliable if they don't have sweatglands and sweat to death.

Thanks for the other info though. ig uess it would all come from common sense back then.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Beautiful, Gigi. I am with you 100% new
      #251551 - 03/10/06 08:26 PM
_Willow

but I didn't really go into my beliefs as much as I did what we do at church, lol. Of course it's a deep faith that Christ is God, and I have had OCUNTLESS miracles. I've nearly died about five times in my life(possibly more if you cout close calls in the car etc.) so I sort of knew from an early age that God was certainly there for me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Thank you, Janey! new
      #251554 - 03/10/06 08:35 PM
_Willow

See, my Dh is a totally non practicing Catholic. Went to catholic school k-12, and was even an altar boy, but was scared away for some reason. I'm not sure why and he doesn't want to discuss it. His mother wants OUR daughter baptized catholic,and even SHE never goes to mass. it's all about grandma. And nobody in that family goes to mass. To me that is a bit hypocritical.
That being said I ahve no prob with sending kayleigh to a Catholic school and having her baptized. But it is unfair that I go to my church more and they sort of raise their eyebrows when i offer to baptize her there. Like it's not the real thing.

I have a very strong faith in my heart, and it's not about ritual or anything like that-it's about knowing Jesus is my saviour. I don't go to church all the time either-I am usually compelled to go, and it's almost always when it's communion, oddly enough. unless my church does communion every week.LOL!

Anyhow, my mom insisted I go to Sunday school till I was about 10, and I continuesd well into my teen years uintil we moved and mom didn't help me find a church. I took a hiatus till my DD was about to be born-Christmas 2002, I was 9 months pregnant and imagined being Mary carrying the Christ. I knew I had to go back to church. I never left my faith but did dabble in agnosticism when I didn't think God was listening.

Now I know He is. And now I know that sometimes, I just don't listen to Him!!!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

You know whats so amazing to me aboout orthodox judaism?
      #251555 - 03/10/06 08:40 PM
_Willow

You guys are so incredibly committed to allthe laws of Moses(and I wonder where they went in Christianity, and who erased them?) But you never give up. there are what, 512 things to remember? Wow!:) How do you keep it all straight?

Oh, and another thing too, si I have no idea why you get Jewish names. I know that God often changed peoples' names when He came to them via a burning bush or an angel for that matter, but, is this why? Just following tradition>?

It's sooooo cool though!! Maybe I'll check out that messianic Judaist stuff again. There's a synagogue here-they have synagogue but believe that Jesus is the Messiah, neat to me.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Lapsed Catholic here
      #251556 - 03/10/06 08:40 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

For needed repairs and upkeep, I don't think is too much to ask of the congregation for help. I know of other non-Catholic churches that require their members to automatically pay 10% of their income so if the RC church is just asking, then there's no harm in that. If $10 is all someone can afford, then that will do. If someone can't afford anything then that's fine too. I don't know which church you belong(ed) to but all the ones here that I know of usually charge only $50 to perform a wedding ceremony, so in my opinion it isn't too much considering that many people have Parasuco, Diesel, Miss Sixty jeans etc. in their closet that are well over $100 a pair. If your church is charging a ridiculous amount, then I don't think it's fair to paint all of RC church as a whole as money grubbers.

I know, and you know that homosexuality is not an orientation that is chosen, people are born like that. When these laws were introduced eons ago, people didn't know that. If you check the Vatican, they have and are acknowledging some studies that confirm that people are born like that, but as I said, it is not something that can change overnight unfortunately. In my opinion, priests who do not obey thier vows of chastity have no business being priests.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 76 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 338045

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review