All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Speaking of dating....
      #251114 - 03/09/06 11:52 AM
karyash

Reged: 04/11/05
Loc: Fargo, ND

where did you met your husband/wife/significant other? I am at a loss of where to meet quality guys. I'm not so sure that I am ready to begin dating yet. But when I'm ready I'd like to know where all the good guys are hiding!
Please share your story of how you and your sweetie met.

Kristi

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Speaking of dating.... new
      #251116 - 03/09/06 12:07 PM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

My sweetie & I met thru some friends, 12 yrs ago. We went out for 2weeks & then he went back to his old girlfriend.
Well, in April of 04 we met up again. I was walking out of K-Mart & he was walking in.("I found love at a K-Mart store" song playing in the background). Our eyes met, & he said "Is your name...", before he could complete the sentence, I said his name. We talked for about 45 mins, & exchanged #'s. We went out to catch up at a coffee house the following Sat. Well I foud out he was in the middle of trying to get a divorce, so we decided to just be friends until the divorce was final. It took 14 months, but it was worth every torcherous minute.

I knew I loved him before our first real date. On our second date, disscussed how we felt about each other & we told each other that we loved each other, & It's been a WONDERFUL 8 months since!!

I know sometimes it seems imposible, but I am living proof that love does happen, even if your nearly 30 before you ever fall in love.

Keep your eyes open, the good guys could be anywhere!!Take it slow, don't feel like you have to be with someone, just to be with someone! If you see red flags, don't ignore them. Listen to your gut instinks. Hope this helps!! He's out there, never give up hope.

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

#251119 - 03/09/06 12:13 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I saw my husband form across the table at the Rabbi's house. I was too shy to talk to him. I actually thought he was too good for me and started thinking of someone I could set him up with. In the meantime...I went out with a guy from highschool who asked me to look at his profile on a Jewish Dating website. In order to see his profile I had to put up my own...and THAT is how my husband found me! So for us it was totaly fate and the religious thing! A Church or something might be a good way to go

I hope you finmd the RIGHT match when you're ready!! *hugs*

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#251122 - 03/09/06 12:21 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

That's a new picture, isn't it? You look great!

OK, mine is totally boring. My husband and I met in college. It was a tech program at a community college -- we met in night class, he was 27 and going part-time at night. I was 19 and going full-time. Novell NetWare and Windows NT drew us together. (OK ... I told you ... boring. Sorry.)

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

#251131 - 03/09/06 12:49 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I met my hubby at office depot. He was working there part-time and I was working their full-time. Then he left there and went to Home Depot and asked if I wanted him to help me get a job there, I said yes, so he did and we have been together ever since. That was 11 years ago.

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#251132 - 03/09/06 12:49 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

My husband worked a club as a security guard and I was the girl at the ticket booth who took your cover charge. Where I worked at was a restaurant with a club attached and at the restaurant I was a food runner, so I would get off of that and go next door to do cover charge and he was always working the door so we could talk. We even got married there! We have been happily married for 3 years and have a 2 year old son and one on the way. Good Luck, believe it or not there are some good guys out there, you just have to do some searching.

#251135 - 03/09/06 12:54 PM
AmandaM

Reged: 10/05/05

I am convinced that the good guys pop out of nowhere at a time when you least expect it! OR (as in my case) they've been right under your nose the whole time!

I just started dating my boyfriend about a month or so ago and I can honestly say I have never felt this strongly about a man before and we just seem to click perfectly on every level. With that being said the weird thing about it is that we have been great friends for the past 2 1/2 years. We met in law school,as we were in the same section our first year. He lives about 5 blocks away from me too, so we would always hang out on weekends with our friends. It just sort of happened over time, but WOW...that's really all I can say at this point. I'm smitten

Yeah, give us singles some ideas ladies!-nt new
      #251138 - 03/09/06 01:00 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#251143 - 03/09/06 01:11 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

LOL, I met mine in the bar. but I had decided that night I was NOT OUT LOOKING, and had SWORN OFF MEN FOREVER! It happens when you're trying the least and not looking desperate.LOL!

We met in May, 2000 Dh's best friend actually asked me to dance, and then I found the guy quite creepy (I was right,LOL) and then saw DH sitting by himself drinking beer. I came up and said hi cause he was SOOOO cute with his shaved heaad back then! Anyhow, we talked for hours, and I was in love within a week, and we were engaged by the middle of that summer. He was and is so gentle, respectful, not jealous, never calls me nasty names. I'm still mad about him! He's the only man that has ever treated me better than i believe I deserve.

ps- good luck, you're a hottie!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Edited by Shannon! (03/09/06 01:42 PM)

#251223 - 03/09/06 05:48 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Me and mine were working at the same bookstore. I lived with 2 other girls who worked there so I used the excuse of all of us hanging out to get him over to my place. Of course they went to bed eventually and we ended up alone. He's too sweet. He asked permission to kiss me the first time. Of course what he hadn't told me was that he drank too much earlier in the evening and had thrown up. Word of advice to the girls still looking: Keep an eye on the man for a while and make sure he hasn't thrown up before he kisses you. LOL

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 189 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 724

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review