All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
need your help...please
      #250877 - 03/08/06 07:30 PM
WNC

Reged: 03/08/06

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this board and have a question. I have had IBS for many years. I just try to stay in most of the time and not get out to much. I have a date this weekend and am going to a bar to dance. My problem is everytime i go anywhere that is new i get hot flashes and end up spending most of the time in the crapper. I feel like i'm embarrassing myself or i'm going to embarrass myself....Is there anything i can do to help control that feeling....I've tired about everything from the doctors and nothing seem to work.....i sure could use some help.
Thanks
WNC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need your help...please new
      #250884 - 03/08/06 07:50 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

Have you tried Heather's diet yet? It is the most helpful thing I've ever found for IBS. Also check out the IBS Recipes forum. What have your doctors had you try to this point?

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#250888 - 03/08/06 08:08 PM
WNC

i have tired lexapro tab, hyoscyamine tab,zoloft,paxil and some others that i can't remember. My problem is the panic attaches i have..if i could get something to settle my nerves, then i think i would be ok.

#250891 - 03/08/06 08:12 PM
hohoyumyum

For nerves, I have tried and had success with both yoga and hypnotherapy. They are both very relaxing. The hypno was, by far, the most beneficial for me.

--------------------

#250900 - 03/08/06 08:27 PM
WNC

Where do you find someone for hypnotherapy? My biggest problems are when i do something new in my life...go to different place, traveling somewhere i've never been or going to place with someone i don't really know...like my date...i would hate to emberrass myself in front of her.

#250905 - 03/08/06 08:44 PM
hohoyumyum

You can get the audio program for hypnotherapy on Heather's site. It is much less expensive than seeing someone in person. As for being embarassed, the hypno may help that, but really if the people around you can't be understanding of IBS then you don't need them around you. Remember that most people are so concerned with themselves that they won't be noticing anything that you find embarassing.

--------------------

#250910 - 03/08/06 08:54 PM
WNC

thanks.....i really appreciate your help...i truly want to live a normal life someday or at least a half normal life.
Thanks again
Neal

#250912 - 03/08/06 09:06 PM
hohoyumyum

You will. It took me a couple of years to get stable but now a lot of times I even forget that I have IBS. In the last year I've had maybe 3 attacks and none of them were very severe. And they have all been at times when I was sick so it may not have been brought on by IBS at all.

--------------------

#251851 - 03/12/06 06:21 PM
chely24

Reged: 02/22/06
Loc: ohio

has anyone else been given zoloft for this? i heard ibs can cause depression and my dr gave me zoloft.. im scared to take it though, cause i dont know how it will make me feel..and i dont feel im depressed, im just unhappy sometimes, i dont know if i should try it or not

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/rachelle423

#251976 - 03/13/06 03:06 PM
WNC

i just know my doctor told me to try it and see if it worked.....it didn't...the reason he may of given them to me was i had just gotten a divorce and was a little depressed...i really didn't like them

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1227 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1960

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review