All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
bump for Michele and Natalie! n-t new
      #251436 - 03/10/06 01:30 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: makeup demonstrations new
      #251444 - 03/10/06 01:49 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

The makeup line is called NYC: New York Color. I love the loose face powder -- the translucent shade is the palest I've been able to find anywhere. And, like I said, it is super cheap. Probably because it is made of like fish tank gravel or something and is totally ruining my complexion, but oh well.

I used to use those awful powder compacts with that hard slab of face powder and that tiny thin little piece of sponge, but then I read in a book (it wasn't a makeup book or anything, actually, but some novel) that you should always use loose face powder and apply it with a large brush. So I tried it and loved it and never went back. The brush I use is, I think, actually a blush brush. Whatever the cheapest one on the shelf was.

I think I will write a book about the frustrations of being misdiagnosed with IBS over and over when the real problem is a gynecological disease. I'm going to call it "Being Irritable." Ha ha.

Hope you're still doing OK with your bronchitis. I've had it a couple times and it's horrible.

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Re: makeup demonstrations new
      #251495 - 03/10/06 04:07 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks for the tips! Perhaps I will try translucent powder next. Why do you say the stuf is ruining your complexion and why do you keep using it if it is?

I would love to read a book titled "Being Irritable"! Sounds like my kinda book!!! :-) Let me know when I can expect to see it in print...or better yet...if you need an editor I'm your gal!

Well...it looks like a sinus infection and the bronchitus is getting better...so good riddens to one and hello to another. Oh well...as long as it doesn't become chronic (it used to be!), I'm a happy camper

How are you doing/feeling? Are you excited about your trip to Mayo Clinic? PLEASE post and let us know how it goes (I want so desperately to remember the date of your appointment but I am just too foggy atm ) *hugs*

Sending you a happy and healthy weekend!

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Haha....dont get me started..... new
      #251499 - 03/10/06 04:23 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

or I'll never stop!! hehe...I LOVE LOVE LOVE turquoise...I know you guys out there have different trends and stuff but a real deep turquoise colour has been very fashionable over here for a while....sinead knows what I mean it is her fave colour too....her hen outfit was in that sorta colour....anyways...I will try and find something on the net to post to show you what I mean....but it really is MY colour and accentuates the dark brown eyes/hair....I wear that as an eyeshadow either that or gold/bronzy ones....I usually do my eyes really well...it is my best feature and I use lots of eyeliner/mascara....I love the stuff....not enough to look like a pamela anderson barbie doll or anything, but I work the smoky eyes look very well! I don't know if their stuff fragrant free...google it...but I think it could be. Their fake eylashes are also fabulous...loadsa different types from subtle to extravagant....but theyre great fun for nights out. People always comment on my makeup....I couldnt live with out it....makes you feel so much more feminine and is so much fun....as for why I like mac....well it is a try it and you'll see job....my flatmate was obsessed and I never understood the big deal until I tried it myself. The foundatio just glides onto your skin so smoothly and blends fantastically. You really do feel like your skin is free of makeup...none of that heavy business and the hyper real foundation just makes it instantly glow...it gives you that flawless look that celebrities always seem to have.....not saying that I look like a celebrity all the time mind...lol....but you know what I mean. Plus they do eyeshadows in little shimmer pots which are loose powder, they will literally last you years as you only need a tiny bit and it stays on for hours, unlike the cheaper versions. It really is just quality makeup and worth every penny I think. If your not too good on applying eyeshadow, then they do eyeshadow stick/pen things which are really easy and great. This is my tip for fabulous eyes....

Use concealer/highlighter like YSL Touche eclat(famous celeb makeup artist essential) to dab under your eyes and get rid of dark circles....then apply eyeshadow to the main lid but not going too far up....then blend with your fingers up towards you brow slightly, but making sure its very light towards the top. If Im using goldey/bronzy colours then I dab a bit of that shimmery sort of stuff below my eyebrows and blend to make that bit stand out. When I apply eyeshadow I blend it around the outer edges going up towards the brow and keep adding depending on how dark I want it to look, I BLEND ALOT....lots of smokey blending around the edges of the eyes and then apply mascara....usually let it dry and apply another layer of mascara...again depending on how I feel. I will try and find a good pic to post of my eye....my flatmate took a good one ages ago...if not will take one tomorrow and post it so you can see what I mean....hope thats a bit of a help.....gosh....I cant half talk about makeup can I!!! LOL!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Haha....dont get me started..... new
      #251728 - 03/11/06 09:09 PM
Snow for Sarala

WOW, Natalie!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! *hugs* This post rocks!

Please send me piccies of your eyes/make-up and any links you find...wow...girl...you sound like you could do this for a profession!!! Thanks for such a lenghty description! I can visualize what you wrote...very articulate (what did you say your studying in uni...I hope you get to use those skills in whatever you're doing!)

Make up is SO much fun and it IS such a femanine thing!

Thanks again!!!

Love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14307

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review