All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: makeup demonstrations new
      #251125 - 03/09/06 12:38 PM
jen1013

Reged: 05/06/05
Loc: the wabe

Hey Sarala (and by the way, I don't think I commented in the other thread on this, but that is a lovely name!),

I'm really glad to hear that you're feeling better!! That's awesome.

I am super-frugal and the best cheap cosmetics I've found is NYC brand. Not sure if Wal-Mart carries their stuff -- I know that Target does. I love their loose powder. It's the best I've found that matches my dead-white vampire skin. I hate the Wet-n-Wild stuff, it sucks!

I don't have any surgeries scheduled right now. I ended up cancelling the procedures I was having this month and scheduled an appointment at the Mayo Clinic instead. I don't know yet what they will be doing at Mayo. I'm sick of being in pain and feeling horrible and being jerked around by doctors -- so I figure I am finally going to straight to the top. I will be going next Wednesday, so sending good vibes my way would be appreciated!

Someday I will have to write a book about everything I've gone through ... but not yet, I don't know how the story ends.

I hope you will continue to feel better, and you'll have to post some pics for us! Oh, and good for your mom and grandmother for spoiling you rotten! You deserve it!

--------------------
jen

"It's one of the most serious things that can possibly happen to one in a battle -- to get one's head cut off." -- LC

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Purple eyeshadow, warm/cool... new
      #251129 - 03/09/06 12:46 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

that sounds like you probably have cool undertones. (isn't dark red fun with really pale skin?) anything "cool" or "neutral" would probably work well.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Re: Purple eyeshadow, warm/cool... new
      #251147 - 03/09/06 01:21 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

cool, thanks Jaime! My fav sweater I've ever owned was a dark red chenile sweater. Super soft and cozy!!! (It was also extra large so I felt extrea cozy in it!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: makeup demonstrations new
      #251149 - 03/09/06 01:25 PM
Snow for Sarala

Thanks Jen *hugs*

i'm sooo glad you're going to mayo clinic. I might end up doing the same if I end up with recurrent bronchitus again (which I'm hoping not to...but we'll see).

You have GOT to write a book. Start now even though you don't know how it ends. You can always end it later Make sure you get it out there before someone else does (like, er, me!) Seriously...I think you should go for it! With your humor esp. (can I take lessons from you btw?), you would write an AWESOME tale!

NYC sometics is that what it's called? And translucent powder you say? I will add it to my make-up hunt list Thanks *hugs*

I love ya Jen!

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Make up tips, please new
      #251154 - 03/09/06 01:34 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

If you get cable watch TLC's What not to Wear. They do makeovers and they show how to do makeup. Sounds if you real light skinned you should avoid any harsh colors around your eyes. Now instead of a black line they reccommend a powder brushed along the lash line. Soft and blended. Buy a CHEAP kit with a lot of different colors at K-mart and experiment. The worst you can do is get a good laugh before you wash it off. It may be fun.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Re: Make up tips, please new
      #251158 - 03/09/06 01:50 PM
Snow for Sarala

A CHEAP kit...now that's an idea!!!

We don't own a TV...so I def don't get cable...but I will def. be looking for a cheap kit when I go to WalMart next, thanks :-) *hugs*

P.S. How are you Carol? I love this pic of you!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

I have a feeling... (sliiiightly O/T) new
      #251168 - 03/09/06 02:26 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

we look alike. I always sort of thought that, don't ask me why.
I've heard that greens look great with greeen eyes. I had mine done in Banff when we went and DH loooved it. I am usu. very plain, and scared of makeup. I've stuck with browns and beiges because I ahve such dark allergic shiners.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

MAC IS FABULOUS!!! new
      #251185 - 03/09/06 03:40 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I shouldnt be saying this as a ''poor'' student, but when I turned 21 I got some hyper real MAC foundation and I am now obsessed!! Im gona be scrimping n saving to make sure I can get a new one when this one runs out....its fabulous stuff....absolutely amazing and I know what you mean...its addictive! All the eyeshadows are great too my flatmate has a collection and they stay on forever!

Haha, I was just about to sign off when I saw ur post and the MAC MAKEUP thing just screamed at me....what am I like....get a grip natalie its makeup for gods sake but what would a girl do without it?????

Now dont get me started on Mascara.....now that is an obsession....

--------------------
Natalie

Re: I have a feeling... (sliiiightly O/T) new
      #251241 - 03/09/06 06:34 PM
Snow for Sarala

I WISH I were as pretty as you!!!! I have a heart-shaped face (it looks kinda like Reese Witherspoon's), with shoulder length dark hair and hazel eyes. And I wear glasses.

I think red hair is beautiful btw! Is yours nautral? I've tried red...it doesn't suit me *pouts*

Green eh? I used to have some green eyeshadow...threw it out. Most of my make up is YEARS old...from my mom and Grammy's samples stash from Clinique and so on. Eventually you HAVE to throw the stuff away.

Green. I'll be on the look out!

P.S. Any pics to share of you with your green eye do?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Michele, Natalie, and your good friend MAC new
      #251243 - 03/09/06 06:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Is their stuff fragrant free? Perhaps I should hit more than one make-up counter when I'm in Miami?

Why do you like MAC so much exactly? Can it be described with words or do you just have to wear it to believe it?

And Natalie...what colors do you wear? You have my color hair it looks like!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 154 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14306

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review