All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Lots of stuff about to happen here in March
      #250368 - 03/07/06 05:08 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

Any prayers are so appreciated, and I also just thought I'd follow up with what is going on:

March 20 I'm taking Luke to a special eye doctor who does vision therapy, he still has a lot of visual stims and tends to look out of the corner of his eye at things/people. His reading is still a struggle too even though I can see the incredible intelligence there, so the next logical step seems to be to check out his vision, not only the physical eyesight but if any weird neurological issues are going on there. I'm praying this IS an issue for him so we can focus on correcting it and see more progress made for him.

March 21 (yes, next day) I have my colonoscopy, this is a follow up from the one I had 3 years ago where they removed precancerous polyps. Obvioulsy praying all is clear this time.

March 27/28 - Here is the big one, tentative on the schedule we are going up to DC to see that expert radiologist. It is strange to be so excited about something and scared at the same time!! I want to feel better SOOO badly, yesterday was not a good pain day, so I'm motivated, but at same time I've had this procedure done once before, it is eery to be semi-awake and know what is going on while they are weaving catheters and metal and such through your veins, starting up at the jugular all the way down to your ovaries/pelvis... call me a baby but I'm getting majorly creeped out just thinking about it. Honestly it is a "simple procedure" that is done all the time but truth is I was less scared the first time when I didn't know what I was getting into.

And EVEN SO, that procedure, though not done completely, did make me feel TONS better for several months, so if this guy finishes the job and does it all right, I should feel GREAT within a couple weeks following. Oh my gosh I will be THRILLED!!!! Situation right now is I have to play that "spoon" game with everything I do... make choices based on whether something will make me hurt too much to do the NEXT thing I have to do... but I have to do it ALL... gee, I can't wait for this to end, Lord willing!

(btw, that's my hubby with Sarah at the pool couple summers ago, one of my favorite pics of him)

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Edited by ecmmbm (03/07/06 05:20 AM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Wow.... new
      #250370 - 03/07/06 05:20 AM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

I will be praying for you. I wish I were closer so I could help you!

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

Tons of prayers for you my friend! new
      #250373 - 03/07/06 05:33 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

There sure is a lot on your plate this month, but Lord willing you will find answers, direction and healing. Please keep us updated as you can, and we will be remembering you in prayer!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Hey Michelle new
      #250391 - 03/07/06 06:56 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

This sounds tiring...but so exciting too! It is filled with great possibilities for more answers and treatment options to help both you and Luke!

Being proactive is draining...but you deserve this help so much. We'll be here for you as take one day/one test at a time.

Love, hugs, prayers!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Hey Michelle new
      #250411 - 03/07/06 08:22 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Wow, Good luck with all that! I'll be interested to know what they find out about your son's eyes also!! I've been in optical for about 15 years now so I'm curious about this kind of stuff! Be sure to buy him some sunglasses because I'm sure they are going to dilate his eyes and he will be light sensitive for a little while afterwards!

Good luck with your procedures as well! Hopefully they can find some answers and make you feel better soon! I SO understand the spoon theory!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

{{{HUGS}}} Michelle! new
      #250415 - 03/07/06 08:29 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You do have a lot on your plate! It always happens at once, doesn't it? I will keep you in my thoughts, and am sending you calming vibes your way! You are a trooper, and it sounds like your time is budgeted very organizedly! Not that it wouldn't be great to have some time to yourself, I know! It seems the only time we ladies get to ourselves is when we're laid up in bed, lol!

Would you like to touch base while you're in DC? I can be a good listener. Sometimes it helps to talk, but I know you know that. If you need someone, I'm just a post away. All my best!

~nelly~

You're so sweet, that sounds lovely new
      #250441 - 03/07/06 09:28 AM
ecmmbm

I'd really enjoy talking to you, I feel SURE, but I doubt we have time? Thankfully we have friends there, we've not seen them in a couple years, we are actually godparents to their son, so we're going to stay the first night with them and then the rest of the time we'll be at the hospital.

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Thank you Beth, it means the world to have friends to "talk to". nt new
      #250443 - 03/07/06 09:31 AM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Good reminder about sunglasses, THANKS Michele!! nt new
      #250444 - 03/07/06 09:31 AM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Thank you sweet friend - it's a bit overwhelming but exciting too! nt new
      #250445 - 03/07/06 09:32 AM
ecmmbm

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 420 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 925

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review