All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
making my birthplan..etc..
      #249833 - 03/03/06 09:28 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i've made a small birth plan and what to go to the hospital along with a list for the hospital for foods i can not eat...here are my things so far..anyone have any other ideas for any of it??

hospital check list
Toothbrush/Toothpaste/Mouthwash
Small Mints
Chap stick
Hair ties
Face wash
Shampoo/conditioner
Brush
Deodorant
Socks
Ugly Undies
Camera
Magazines/book/etc.
Tennis ball
Make up
Call list
Sweats (ugly ones)-shirt (ugly ones)
Food List

Food list
Lyndsey has multiple food intolerances due to IBS-D
Things Lyndsey CAN NOT have:
Dairy
Lactose
Whey
High Fructose Corn Syrup

Foods that will irritate but not cause diarrhea (but cause A LOT of pain):
Onions
Peppers
Red Meat
High fat foods
Pectin
Jell-O or Pudding
Dark meat on poultry
Green Salad
Uncooked veggies
Pasta

(When I go out to eat I stick to a vegan diet –to be safe no trigger foods irritate my stomach)

I plan to bring my own food in (having fruits, and food from whole foods), however if I have to have a c-section we'll need more creativity on what I could eat; having to eat clear foods

Birth Plan:
In room: Mike
(maybe Heather and/or Jen)
Epidural whenever I'm ready
Want to be able to walk around before epidural to quicken labor time
If possible, baby hand to Mike, who will hand baby to me
In case of C-section Mike to stay with the baby at all times

any other ideas for any of this????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: making my birthplan..etc.. new
      #249839 - 03/03/06 09:57 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Maybe bring pretzels and rice cakes if you can eat those...crackers, stuff like that? Maybe some fresh fruits that you can eat? Maybe you can arrange to have a fridge put in your room? Can you eat cold cuts? Protein is important during this time. Perhaps call the hospitl ahead of time and find out how they might be able to accomadate you? Make sure you can bring your own food?

I just want to say WOW!!!! You are SOOO prepared! What a great mommy you are!

This is such a super idea getting prepared ahead of time so that you are good and ready to take care of yourself...by taking care of you you take care of your baby! I'm VERY impressed Lyndsey!

Sending you lots of love! May the birth of your baby be speedy, healthy, without pain and may your baby Bless you with only good things *hugs*

Lots of love,

Sarala

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#249867 - 03/03/06 12:15 PM
BethE

Reged: 06/09/03
Loc: Syracuse, NY

I think you have thought of everything.
If you do have a C-section, I would suggest taking herb teas you like and can tolerate (hot liquids and walking help with the afteraffects of the surgery), and a small pillow for on the way home to hold on your tummy, and also to support baby while you feed. Also a deck of cards came in handy for me - not much for concentration, but we played rummy while waiting for the labor to really hit, and after toward the end of my very long stay.
I might suggest a really comfy bra?, especially if you decide to nurse.
Good luck, and all the best!

--------------------
Beth
IBS - D

#249887 - 03/03/06 02:39 PM
Lyndsey

Good call ladies!! i added rice cakes, crackers, deli meat, and peppermint tea, fennel tea and ginger tea!! good call!! and other soft foods. I have whole foods not TOO far away, i know someone will be willing to drive over there if need be. I'll get chicken broth or something if i need it!! good advise ladies!!

i do need a new bra....all my bras are wire, and padded...so i need nursing bras comfy, but still cute...i don't wanna look old mother-like...i'm young still!!!

#249902 - 03/03/06 05:23 PM
rn21666

Reged: 09/01/05
Loc: Maryland

Maybe some cozy slippers? The footies they give you are not the greatest. You might want some change for the vending machines as well. I also took my own pillow to help me sleep better. And of course the cutest outfit you have for your newborn!!!!!! Good Luck!

#249961 - 03/04/06 08:18 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Heating pad
new cotton socks still in the package (new sox are the bessst!)
new expensive comfy bra to fit swollen breasts

~nelly~

Re:Yay for second babies! new
      #249981 - 03/04/06 11:41 AM
lj

Reged: 09/24/04

Lyndsey,

Sounds like you have it all figured out about what to take. Definitely take slippers. No stepping on yucky hospital floors without shoes of some sort!

Just wanted to add that I hope your second birth is as easy as mine was. First birth was a nightmare. The second one started to get scary. I demanded an epidural which was refused because she said I wasn't dialated enough. She said if I could talk during a contraction, I didn't need it yet. So on the next two contractions, I would not respond to the nurse and when she asked me a question, I acted like I couldn't understand her. She sent for the anesthesiologist real quick and I had the baby about a half hour later. I think I pushed once (maybe twice)!

Good Luck!

Laura

#250206 - 03/06/06 08:12 AM
Lyndsey

good call again ladies!! socks and slippers...i'm pretty sure they have those funky slippers, but they are all going to be going on clearnce real soon, so good idea!! i hear second and beyond babies are easier...my daughter wasn't TOO hard. i pushed for at least an hour...so that wasn't really fun...but labor was 7 hours...and had an epidural...i'm totally for those things!!!!!! lol

#250222 - 03/06/06 08:51 AM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

I took and lot of stuff and didn't need it. But, I went in at 8pm for induction and slept through most of my labor. Hubby and family were around most of the next day, so no time for books, etc. I had my son at 4 pm that day. Too tired afterward to read or do anything else but visit with people or nap, or stare at my baby.

But, I would suggest your own jammies. My friend did that and I wil be doing that with #2.

Good luck! I love my whole birth experience.

--------------------
~jules

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 763 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1030

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review