Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
LittleLisa!!!
      #249639 - 03/02/06 07:34 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hi Lisa,

I have a quick question for you. Like i've said, I am currently searching for an internship, and have decided to look more closely at the Philly area. Can you give me some names of districts in the Philly suburbs, so I have a jumping off point to start emailing districts. Any district names would be appreciated, bc I have no clue what towns are in that area, and I need a jumping off point to start searching.

Thanks!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re:I'm not LL and this is totally unrelated.... new
      #249700 - 03/02/06 11:41 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

But I think you should apply to be a Bachelorette, Dr. Spice.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: LittleLisa!!! new
      #249740 - 03/02/06 02:22 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks for the info! my internship is in school psychology. I'll look into these locations and drop them a line. Thanks for the info!

--------------------

haha really!! new
      #249742 - 03/02/06 02:23 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

I actually went to the site and started to apply a few days ago! I think I might actually do it, but I've gotta come up with some good things to say on the application (ie why do I want to be on the show etc)! I'm sure i'd never get picked, but hey.. might as well try!

--------------------

Re:Ashley new
      #249760 - 03/02/06 04:19 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Hey there! I live North West of Philly( I guess it's a suburb of Philly)but we are a small town. I have a friend who's a teacher in Philly, I can ask her to throw me a couple great district names. KME who answered you is correct with the ones she gave you. I'm actually from Bucks County but live in Montgomery County. Both our Elementary and Middle Schools are blue ribbon schools. I'm not sure if that helps ya. There are a few in Lehigh County that are well known too like Parkland School District(they are an awesome school district&)Saucon Valley. Bucks County has New Hope & Buckingham. My school district when I went to school was Quakertown. Hope this helps. I will ask my friend more. She knows all of them that make the big bucks!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#249762 - 03/02/06 04:22 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

awesome! thanks for your help.

are all these towns relatively close to philly.. or a lot farther out?

--------------------

#249764 - 03/02/06 04:25 PM
LittleLisa

Well Saucon Valley and Parkland are closer to Allentown which is about 1 1/2 from Philly. New Hope, Buckingham, Quakertown.....not sure but all are probably within an hr.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#249766 - 03/02/06 04:27 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

thanks for the info! Ideally, i'd like to find something relatively close to the city (like 45min drive max/even closer if possible..I just don't want to work in the actual city) just bc I'm young, single and want to be able to meet people.

However, I have heard that philly is gang-ridden and dangerous.. I'm hoping these are just rumors!

--------------------

Just rumors! new
      #249768 - 03/02/06 04:35 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I live in the city, granted it's just outside of the college part of the city (i.e. the area around UPenn and Drexel), and I've got a little bit of experience dealing with high schoolers in the area through the robotics competition I help out with. Philly city schools aren't the greatest, but the city itself isn't that dangerous, no more than any other big city IMHO.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Temple area isn't too good... new
      #249772 - 03/02/06 04:41 PM
LittleLisa

They have a lot of goings on around Temple. Not sure if I'd try anywhere around there. There are many others outside the city that would be fine. I don't blame ya though for not wanting to into the city, city> We went to a concert in Camden at the Tweeter Center..OMG I feared for my life. Definitly not a good section. That's just over the bridge in Jersey though.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: Just rumors! new
      #249773 - 03/02/06 04:42 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

yeah I don't think i'd want to work in the city, however, I wouldn't be opposed to living in it! Maybe someday i'll tackle working in the city, but while I'm just starting out, i'd like to learn in areas with more resources and a more stable environment. thanks for your info too!

I have a friend @ upenn, and he said the city is relatively safe.. but that there is one extremely dangerous area outside of upenn.. that was about three years ago though. Maybe things have changed.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1434 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 637

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review