All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nelly, I now completely agree with you about "acid fiber bombs."
      #248675 - 02/25/06 08:14 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Nelly, I now completely agree with you about "acid fiber bombs." I hope you don't mind me borrowing your term, but it is so appropriate!

Do you consider mushrooms "a.f.b.'s?" I think, they are on the potential hit list.

Now, I know this is a silly & irrelevant post. But I just needed for some bizarre reason to get that off my chest.

Once those hiccups start...I'm in trouble. However, I've got them "contained."

I think, seriously, that a few tbsp. of babyfood spinach is about the only thing left on the "sometimes" and "rarely" list of vegetables. Babyfood mushrooms are seriously suspect, now, too. They are chunky.

Okay, I'm being stupid & childish. I just wanted to let you know that I AM IN TOTAL AGREEMENT with you. You know how Bart Simpson writes lines at the beginning of every episode?
Well...I guess it's me writing the same kinds of lines and programming myself when my mind is at a very receptive and increasingly vulnerable state (i.e. as I get prepare to sleep). I'm not going to be a goof and waste money/time shopping for vegetables, tomorrow. I am surrendering this addiction to green things to the cows. I will sacrifice eating vegetables for the sake of my sanity. Just say no, Kate.

Do you know how many times I've had to invite my mother over for dinner this week just to have someone eat my veggies for me? It's eerie. At least she loves it. And I've been sending my diabetic father lots of carepackages.

Actually, I know why green things are exceptionally more troublesome at the moment & it has to do with taking more anti-convulsant medication for my epilepsy. By the end of the day, all the accumulative pills interfere with any hope of digesting anything remotely challenging or colourful. As long as a fruit or vegetable isn't involved, I'm more or less safe.

Okay, enough idiotic babbling. I accept that my refridgerator will only contain token vegetables for dinner guests, because it's "nice."

Yes, I realize how silly this post is and sorry for wasting your occular energy and attention.

Nelly, thank you for making me feel not so alone & evil for refusing to eat my vegetables. Indeed, we are doing ourselves (& the world) a kindness/favour. Now, please, send me strength & courage to get over the habbit of veggies just because they are appropriate. I have been so brainwashed since childhood. Time to reprogram.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

EAFB's! Words to live by, lol! new
      #248712 - 02/26/06 09:10 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

It's "evil acid fiber bombs" and feel free to quote that ANYtime. (c) Nelly, 1996.

They're evil because they're masquarading as good food, food touted by the government as Things You Must Eat. Listen not to the government. They're wrong on most else, why start now? I'm untrustful of any institution telling me what to eat. They're usually after my money. In this case, boosting gross domestic product revenue. Screw that. I'm digesting this stuff like sawdust. I wouldn't eat a sawdust casserole, and to me there's no difference with a spinich souffle if it's going to come shooting out of me like a barbed wire bazooka.

The thing about realizing what you need to do is that you've already connected the dots! The rest is just following through. You've known this for years, and now that you've located the lightswitch it's going to make it a lot easier to navigate between the foods you have to eat and the ones you KNOW are EAFB's (pineapples, strawberries and tomatoes are super high up on that list for me!) and you have to avoid. Once you empty your fridge, it's easy. OK, it's not easy, but it gets easier, and the effects are immediate.

Late night ramblings are the BEST because that's when I get the big breakthroughs!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 121 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 513

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review