All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Yall will love this - I bought maternity capris in Target last night
      #248105 - 02/23/06 10:43 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I have been utterly frustrated in my hunt for a pair of denim capris for spring, my old ones thankfully don't fit thanks to a few needed pounds, but anything I tried on that did fit was SOOO uncomfortable in the waist/tummy area I couldn't stand it. With this left ovary issue hurting me so much on top of IBS stuff I jsut cannot stand anything remotely fitted, but I don't always want big old baggy sloppy clothes either (sometimes, yeah sure, I live in them, but not all the time!) I finally said, "Shoot, I'm gonna do it" and I walked over to the maternity section, picked out the cutest pair of denim capris I could find, sure enough I can wear the size 6 that I am, show off a little bootie action where they fit like they should, without my tummy feeling all confined. I'm not even bloated all that often anymore but even when NOT I can not STAND anything squeezin g the lower ab area, it literally makes me feel dizzy it just HURTS. These feel fabulous! And the elastic top is not but an inch or so wide and barely noticeable. Hubby laughed his head off, said I am like Ray Barone's dad on Everybody Loves Raymond, gotta have my "stretchy pants". I do NOT CARE - all I have to do is make sure I wear a long enough shirt which I prefer anyway.... I love my "stretchy pants", I may have to get more. I bet I was the only woman without a uterus walking out with maternity pants!!!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yall will love this - I bought maternity capris in Target last night new
      #248109 - 02/23/06 10:58 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

HEHE, too funny!! Although I don't blame you one little bit! I still wear a pair of my maternity jeans when my tummy is acting up!!!! And Target did have some cute stuff when I bought a bunch of maternity stuff at Thanksgiving!! Maybe some day, I'll be able to wear them because I'm actually pregnant.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Good for you!!! new
      #248114 - 02/23/06 11:16 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Go for comfort, I say!! Good idea going to a department store. No need to go into Mimi Maternity and have salesgirls crawling all over you asking when you're due. How embarrassing. I had a good friend with cancer of the endometrium and she got pretty swollen at some points. She said it was awful buying clothes that fit because she kept getting asked if she was expecting a boy or a girl. Honestly, what some women will ask each other, it's humilliating! Can we please not talk about our reproductive cycles at mall or (ugh!) at work? And strangers can be so rude! She had more than one woman try to touch her belly. Ouch. (Off subject there for a moment, I'm back now.)

You know, the older I get the more I appreciate clothes that fit and a good, new pair of socks!

~nelly~

Re: Yall will love this - I bought maternity capris in Target last night new
      #248118 - 02/23/06 11:22 AM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

as long as your comfortable...who cares!!! no one sees that elastic part anyway...that was actually a good idea to do! i don't know your whole story, i'm guessing you've had many problems in the tummy region..but i think we all understand not wanting to constrict our tummies! it bothers my stomach when something is too tight too...it gives me crapms, and gas or something...so good for you for being creative on how to wear clothes!!!

What an excellent idea!!!!-nt new
      #248121 - 02/23/06 11:24 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Speaking of maternity clothes... new
      #248124 - 02/23/06 11:33 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've started shopping the clearance racks at Walmart for cute maternity tops... they seem to be the only ones I can find that don't hug me too tight around my pudgy belly. Thankfully, Adam hasn't laughed at me... yet. Then again, they ARE really cute tops, and if you don't look at the tags, you wouldn't know they're maternity.

Hey, I say go with what you're comfortable in! Life is too short to suffer in uncomfortable clothes.

ROFL! new
      #248126 - 02/23/06 11:36 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Quote:

You know, the older I get the more I appreciate clothes that fit and a good, new pair of socks!

This totally cracked me up, because I could have said almost the exact same thing... except that I'm all about comfortable shoes, instead of the socks. I don't even care what they look like anymore, as long as my feet don't hurt. Ahh, what's become of me?!

Re: ROFL! new
      #248146 - 02/23/06 12:53 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I catch such hell for my cotton sox and comfy docs...

~nelly~ (Yes, I know it's 2006)

Been there, done that...... new
      #248158 - 02/23/06 01:56 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I am not a big person, I wear a size 9/10 but I can't stand anything tight in the waist, either I have bought knit pants in the maternity dept, too. I have also bought knit leggins in the plus size dept cause they are tight in the butt but larger in the waist. The ones in my size squeeze my tummy and I don't like it squeezed.

I have also been known to cut the elastic in the waist to give a little more room....as long as a top covers it why not? Also sometimes pulling the elastic waist really hard stretches it.

This is fun, eh!

Barbie

--------------------

I KNEW all of you would understand!!!! And ditto the comfy shoes, too!!! nt new
      #248171 - 02/23/06 02:58 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 233 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5337

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review