All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back from my sleep study
      #248047 - 02/23/06 08:09 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Well I had it done and all in all it wasn't to bad. I got there at 10p and the person who was supposed to be there at 9p had just shown up and they had to hook her up first. She threw a tantrum about having the electrodes and paste in her hair b/c she had just had it done. She went on and on and insulted the doctor numerous times. So by the time they got her done and me hooked up and into bed it was 12:00 am and then it took me a half an hour to get to sleep and then they woke me up at 5:30am. I woke up for 10-15 seconds about 4 times during the night rolling over and then realizing where I was and all the stuff hooked to me.

So I probably got 5 hours of interrupted sleep and they can't tell me anything. The tech said he saw 2-3 things of concern during the night but nothing to serious like sleep apnea and that my doctor would have the results in 3-5 days. So I am at work this morning and staying awake only by the Provigil. I do not feel hopeful b/c I think that I just am a light sleeper due to the fibro and they can't "cure" that. I know it sounds weird but I was hoping it was sleep apnea and that they could give me one of those CPAP masks and I could get some SLEEP.

Thanks for all the support you guys have given me and I will keep you updated when I get the official results.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back from my sleep study new
      #248054 - 02/23/06 08:29 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I can't believe they kept you up until mindnight!! Doesn't sound like a fun night! I understand about almost wanting them to find something wrong so they can fix it. Do ask your dr about the Zanaflex, it is really helping me get better sleep and I don't find it makes me groggy in the morning.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Michele new
      #248065 - 02/23/06 08:51 AM
Tissy

I will ask about the Zanaflex when my doc calls thanks. It wasn't the staffs fault I was up to 12am. It was the rude woman who showed up late for her appt. and then had a tantrum b/c she didn't read the instruction pamphlet they sent her. Some people!! LOL!

--------------------
Christie

#248067 - 02/23/06 08:56 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Wow, that's an interesting procedure!

I can't believe that woman had such a fit. What was she expecting? Lol.

Well, I'm sorry you didn't get an answer right away or a diagnosis that would be easy to manage. Yes, please keep us updated.

Take care, Christie!

Edited by Maria! Maria! (02/23/06 09:32 AM)

Re: Michele new
      #248069 - 02/23/06 09:05 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Oh, I understand about rude people, I work with the public after all!! LOL!!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#248088 - 02/23/06 09:50 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yep, sounds about right. I woke up a bunch of times too.

I hope they can help you sweetie. They aren't able to do anything for me but maybe the right sleeping pill could help you?

Ain't it great how they wake you up at 5:30. ugh!!!

Please let us know the results!

Thanks Tina! -nt- new
      #248119 - 02/23/06 11:23 AM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

#248147 - 02/23/06 12:59 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Good for you getting it done with! I hope you got a chance to get a nap afterwards sometime. Those electrodes are awful, and I have scarring on my face where they've scrubbed off the cement with acetone (yes, nail polish remover on my FACE!).

I hated sleep studies. I did that one, plus the 48 hour one too. I bet you're glad that's over with!! Hopefully they can figure something out to give you some restorative sleep. Good luck!!

~nelly~

#248168 - 02/23/06 02:51 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Interesting. I have an appt. next week with my ENT and hopefully she will set a sleep test up for me. I am pretty sure I have apnea. I snore like crazy and I wake up feeling tired. This has been going on for years.
Has anyone had the portable test? Has any one slept with a CPAP ? I am a mouth breather and I can't imagine having to have my mouth closed for any length of time.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 449 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 638

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review