Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Need some good thoughts my way
      #247843 - 02/22/06 11:11 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi guys,

It is 11 am and I already feel like I am having a terrible day. I have my accounting midterm that I am so nervous about... I have never failed anything before, but I literally feel like I know/understand less than 50% of the material for the exam. My teacher has been no help at all.. I have gone to every class, done every homework assignment, read everything twice, done extra practice and I am still doing it wrong. To add to that, if I DON'T pass this course than I can't get it reiumbursed through work and I could really use the $600 this course cost me!

The stress of the whole week (I have had a very, very, very bad week) on top of this has made my stomach really bad (see my other post from yesterday if you want) and today I am so D that I can barely sit still for 15 minutes without having to suddenly rush to the loo and that hasn't happened to me for a long time!
My exam is until 9 o'clock tonight, and then I have to get up early for work tomorrow... I feel so terrible.

I just need some hugs or good luck wishes or ANYTHING...

Cheers!
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some good thoughts my way new
      #247844 - 02/22/06 11:17 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

Good luck, Stephie. You'll do fine. I was always a wreck before any type of test. It was the ones I thought I was sure of that I screwed up. Wear sneakers for those loo runs.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Carol new
      #247845 - 02/22/06 11:19 AM
Stephie

Quote:

Good luck, Stephie. You'll do fine. I was always a wreck before any type of test. Me too, even before my IBS really flared up.. I'd also get a stomachache before a test in highschool and stuff. But usually RIGHT before... not all bloody day! It was the ones I thought I was sure of that I screwed up. Wear sneakers for those loo runs. ROFL! That's funny, thanks. I just hope the D stops before my exam.. the exam is 2 hours, so hopefully I can get through it.. I Am pretty sure we aren't allowed to leave during the exam.

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Poor Stephie new
      #247866 - 02/22/06 11:39 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Im a bit short on the advice but am sending huge transatlantic hugs your way, hope you feel better soon

--------------------
S.

AIE! Nerves! new
      #247872 - 02/22/06 12:08 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I try (and believe me, it's exceptionally challenging) to reframe nervous, anxious energy POSITIVELY. I try to look at it as excitement. Exams are an opportunity to display what you know--or fake it very well.

All will be well. You will shine. The time will be up & it will all be over before you know it. You've taken the course, done the work (hopefully), read the material completely, etc. You will do this to the best of your ability AT THE TIME and pass. I strongly suspect that you will surprise yourself.

Kick some academic butt.

It's all in the self-talk, so tell yourself encouraging things in encouraging ways.

Kate.

Re: Stephie - something I used to ask myself before every exam.... new
      #247922 - 02/22/06 03:45 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

In ten years, will it matter if I passed? Will I remember this particular exam? Pass or fail, you'll go on. So what if you have to take it again? I know the money aspect sucks, but no one can say that you aren't doing your best. You've got a lot on your plate right now. So breathe deep. Do the best you can and let it go.
And you know what? For someone who's been out of university for 10 years ?(What so long ago OMG I'm old!) - I really don't remember any exam from another. Some I did well on, some I didn't even finish (boy was that one a stressor!) but they all blur together.
You are an intelligent, vibrant young woman with your whole life ahead of you. Don't let this one exam get you down. Here's a new little motto I've been reminding myself of:
Success comes from experience. Experience comes from failure.
Remember, even Einstein failed a grade!!!!!
Smooches and hugs,
A.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: in with the good....... new
      #247926 - 02/22/06 03:56 PM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

Out with the bad. Don't Get stresse think of happy times don't worry to much m'kay

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

Re: hang in there! new
      #247971 - 02/22/06 07:23 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

I know just how you feel and it sucks! I hope your day got a little better? If not, I hope things do soon. Transitions are so hard, and it sounds like you've got a big one coming if you have to move from where you're living. Its sucks that when life gets difficult ibs gets triggered and makes life even harder to cope with! Its a tough cycle to break. Well I hope things begin looking up for you. Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Re: Need some good thoughts my way new
      #247973 - 02/22/06 07:29 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

I'm sending you good thoughts! AND *hugs!*

Gaaah, it was even worse than I thought! new
      #247988 - 02/22/06 09:04 PM
Stephie

Well, I just walked in the door from my exam, put American Idol on the TV and intend to go on the couch and sulk until bedtime!
The exam was a nightmare. I almost started laughing half way through because it was like they were asking me questions in another language! Well, maybe not quite, but you get the idea.
I don't know how many marks I will have gotten, but surely less than half. I did a LOT of guessing.
I'd read a question and think, "Okay, I can do this, I remember this" and then I would start and half way through I would forget what I was doing and literally go blank!
I just stared at the page for ages, and eventually the time limit was almost up and I just handed in my papers and felt so awful.
By the end of it all, my stomach was hurting so so so bad and I am just so blaaaah. Stupid exams.

Steph

--------------------
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 277 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1663

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review