All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
      #24776 - 10/29/03 12:28 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I wanted to be a broadway star, a teacher, or an author (I'm a teacher today). My husband wanted to be an architect.

I wonder how often people grow up and become what they dreamed of being as a kid?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? new
      #24778 - 10/29/03 12:34 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Excellent question!!!

I always wanted to own my own newspaper and be a reporter. Mostly because I liked how they kept their pens on their desk in a cup LOL. Honestly - I used to sit for hours in my room stacking my pencil crayons in the cup and then pull them out like a "professional" LOL Man, I was a strange kid!

I was going to go to university for journalism, but I found out they only accept 2 in radio, 2 in newspaper and 2 for TV and the classes are usually about 300 students.

I figured rather than risking it - I might as well take $60,000 and throw it over my shoulder and walk away LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#24791 - 10/29/03 01:02 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I wanted to be a private investigator. My dad used to do it (among the many careers he has) and I always though it would be neat to investigate cases. My friends and I even started our own detective agency when we were kids. Gave flyers to the neighbors and everything.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#24794 - 10/29/03 01:06 PM
Lana_Marie

Jennifer

That is so cute! LOL

My first job was selling frogs at a music festival around here! There was probably 20,000 people there!

We actually sold some frogs too! I think we sold enough for us to all get ice cream.

Isn't it amazing what parents let their kids bother the neighbours with. Better yet. What the neighbours will actually buy from the kids LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Re: Patient Neighbors new
      #24799 - 10/29/03 01:15 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I know! When I think about it now, I go, "Wow.. those neighbors must have been pretty sick of us after a while." There were only my brother and I, and the 3 boys down the street and we would reek havoc everywhere. Constantly sneaking up behind each other hiding in neighbors' yards. One neighbor even had all these shrubs that we used to make a fort out of and cut some of their bushes a little bit from the inside to fit more people!

I was amazed we never got yelled at! LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Teacher, Lawyer or Marine Biologist new
      #24825 - 10/29/03 03:44 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I love Dolphins and alwyas dreamed of working with them at one of the marine parks. unfortunately I realised these jobs are in such high demand that I may be 100 before I got the opportunity.

As for being a lawyer I really wanted to prosecute and was not interested in defending guilty scumbags so gave that idea away.

I'm so glad I went with teaching and have never regretted it. I really feel like I'm able to help make a difference. I nver get tired of the light in a child's eyes when they finally understand that maths problem or read a senetence all by themselves. It's magic.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Edited by KinOz (10/29/03 03:46 PM)

#24872 - 10/30/03 03:58 AM
tlc

Reged: 03/06/03
Loc: Australia

An actress, teacher (now a drama teacher!!!), a librarian and a hair dresser!

I used to joke in high school... new
      #24887 - 10/30/03 06:22 AM
Lana_Marie

In high school before graduation everyone would ask me what I wanted to do for graduation...

I used to say a math teacher - so I can teach my students how to make a "difference" LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#24901 - 10/30/03 08:40 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I wanted to be a mom, teacher, hairdresser, a pastry chef, and an Ophthalmologist. I kind of do all but one of those now, without pay. I am a mom, I am homeschooling my kids, I have cut the girls hair (don't ask how it came out) and try to make their hair look cute and I do make some good desserts. The desserts aren't as fancy as they used to be but they still taste good. I used to try to make any dessert recipe I found. My friend is learning to decorate cakes and we joke that maybe some day, when our girls are older, we will go into business together. LOL

#24935 - 10/30/03 09:49 AM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

I actually started college and wanted to become a Obgyn, but decided to go into business/retail ownership. My little passion is still science and I'm always fascinated with the physiology of the human mind and body.
Sherri

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 905 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2286

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review