All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Let It Snow!
      #24620 - 10/28/03 06:06 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Well, I woke up this morning to the radio announcement telling me to expect a foot of snow over night tonight.

Wow! We have been getting a little bit of snow, a little overnight and then it melts in about two hours of the morning.

But to get a foot over night! YIKES!
Winter is here!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Let It Snow! new
      #24622 - 10/28/03 06:23 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Oh yuck! I don't know about you, but I'm not ready for Winter yet!! Autumn is my favorite season, and it seems like it just started! We've had some flurries on and off, too, but I can't imagine a foot at this point. I hope you have your shovels out!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#24645 - 10/28/03 09:48 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

You are so lucky!!! I love snow!

We are nowhere near it here though....probably about another 2-3 months or so at least before we even get a possiblity. Some winters we barely even get a coating.

#24670 - 10/28/03 01:38 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Wow! It doesn't seem like NJ is too far from Western NY, but we get bombarded with snow every year! I suppose it's because we get all the "lake effect" snow off Lake Ontario. Lucky us. If you really want more snow I'll send it your way... you can have it!!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#24684 - 10/28/03 04:37 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Actually, last year we got lots of it. We actually had a state of emergency where no one was allowed to drive. Luckily it was a work day so it wasn't wasted! But, I love it. I start baking & cooking. Then I take my dog out there. She loves the snow! She stickes her whole face in there then flips it up with her nose! LOL

Last year during that big storm, I think we got about 20 inches or so - I can't even remember. But, my dog has to bark at anyone that goes by our house. Well, she's not too tall, and last year someone walked by, and she still tried to chase them through all that snow. You couldn't see much more than her head - she pretty much looked like she was trying to stay afloat. But, that didn't stop her from giving the passerby whatfor! LOL It was one of the funniest things I've seen her do - she cracks me up!

Sorry - sometimes I can ramble on about my dog.

#24694 - 10/28/03 05:29 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I can't even imagine that! Having grown up in south Louisiana, snow is foreign to me. Now that we live in North Carolina, I feel like we're way "up north." Ha! Our sons will tell you they like it here, but it's TOO COLD. After last year, when we got 2 snowstorms (4-6 inches each) and an icestorm where we lost electricity for almost a week, they are ready to move back to Louisiana.
Enjoy your snow! I'm a little jealous! To me, it's something really rare and magical.

#24713 - 10/29/03 05:59 AM
Lana_Marie

Well we got NO snow last night...not a speck???? I guess I am pretty happy because the little kids will have so much trouble getting around in their costumes.

I hope it waits until after Halloween so the little ones can enjoy the night.

--------------------
Lana_Marie

#24719 - 10/29/03 07:33 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Hi Lana_Marie; I'm from northern ontario and we had light snow yesterday. I was watching the weather network and they said the west was getting a blast of snow. I guess you lucked out!! Were the kids disappointed? As for Halloween nite it will either rain or snow here; it always does!! Sue

#24722 - 10/29/03 08:21 AM
Lana_Marie

OK - So maybe i should have waited alittle later in the day to say we didn't get snow...because it is comin' down here!

We have probably gotten a few inches in an hour. Wow - I am not looking forward to the drive home tonight.

People either drive 2mph or 200mph - no one has figured out your vehicle will go somewhere in the middle. Geez - I am getting cranky just thinking about it LOL

--------------------
Lana_Marie

Re: Kree new
      #24739 - 10/29/03 11:03 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

I have been meaning to tell you that you are not that far from me. Okay, you are about an hour away, but still in same regional area of NY. My brother is out your way. I think it is funny that you get snow from lake ontario. We are so close to the lake that we don't get a lot of snow sometimes. It usually builds up until it hits the ridge, south of us. The snow we get is usually from Lake Erie. One year Buffalo got hit so hard and we still had grass showing. It was right around Thanksgiving. I remember because my husband had to travel through that area coming back from hunting in the southern tier. The following year I was do my practicum in a Buffalo school and found out that it came so fast that the kids had to spend the night at their school. Can you imagine that?

#25034 - 10/31/03 09:08 AM
leigh

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: texas

Wow! Down here in the south today has a high of 85! I love the snow! I hope you have a great weekend!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1826 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1259

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review