All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
New day, new plan!
      #246192 - 02/14/06 08:57 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ok, I got through yesterday but it was pretty rough. Thanks for everyone's well wishes. I went home, had myself a really good cry with Harley and went to bed at 7:30pm!!

I got myself up early this morning and did all my stretches they gave me in physical therapy yesterday and a few extras. The steroid pack I just took really seem to help with the swelling but I'm very sore still and my muscles are very tight. I plan on getting up early every morning to stretch and then in a week or two, when I'm feeling physically strong enough, I will start back on my elliptical trainer. A few years ago, I could do 6 miles in 22.5 minutes! I think that would kill me if I tried it now! So, my plan is to start with 5-8 minutes at a slow pace and work myself up slowly. With the RA and fibro I'll have to do it carefully and slowly but I'm determined to do it! I don't know if I'll ever get to the ability to do 6 miles that fast ever again but thats ok. I just want to feel healthy again and lose some weight. I don't need to be a size 6 again, I'd be happy with a 10! My goal is to lose 38 more pounds. I'm down 12 pounds since I lost the twins but my goal is 150 pounds, I'm 5'8 so thats fine, I don't need to be stick skinny, just healthy and not so jiggly!

I saw the infectious disease dr yesterday afternoon and he was very nice. He has ordered another billion blood tests, I didn't think there were this many left that I haven't had! He is rechecking to be sure the Hep C hasn't returned, he is checking again for Lymes, he's doing the Celiac panel, chlamydia which I've been tested for but just wants to be sure. There a bunch I'm really not sure what they are, ones a T cell study-has to do with the natural killer cells in our bodies, a CIQ????, Immunoglobulin, myoplasm I6m??, Babesia???, Coxsiella??, C-6 peptide?? and H6E/HME?? I'm about to google some of these as I just can't remember what they are all for but I've come this far, might as well go for broke! Its a good thing I have good insurance!

As far as to try to have a baby again or not, I haven't fully decided. I figure in a few months when I'm feeling better we will try but I refuse to go through all the hormones and crap again! I refuse to let myself get so obsessed with it again. I need to not waste my life trying to create another life. Don't get me wrong, I still long for a child but I need to realize that it isn't worth giving up my life for. So guys, if I become to obsessed in the future with "making baby" please remind me of this! I'm trying to think of my furture without a child and be ok with it. Its hard and will take time but I figure if a miracle happens and I am blessed with a child than WONDERFUL but I need to start dealing with the real possibility that it just may not happen for me and I need to make my own peace with that. Not sure how yet but I'm working on it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

sounds like a good plana nd that your on track! new
      #246203 - 02/14/06 09:23 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

once you get your body back to healthy- who knows.. you may not even need help and you may just have a healthy baby because something else was preventing it.. sometimes our bodies know when they aren't right and can't handle somethign before we do!

I hope everything works out with all those tests!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

*gentle HUGS* new
      #246262 - 02/14/06 12:39 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

And a big thumbs up! I think that's an incredibly healthy, fantastic way to go about things. You are an inspiration, you wonderfully strong lady!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: New day, new plan! new
      #246265 - 02/14/06 12:40 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Great Ideas Michele!!! you go for it!

--------------------

#246276 - 02/14/06 12:52 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hugs to you Michelle!

I really hope you can continue to make good progress, physically and emotionally! I'm sure there will be lots of hard days, but it seems like you are keeping your perspective overall. We will be here to support you with whatever decisions you make.

Good luck with the eliptical. I know that exercise is really important for me with the arthritis type symptoms I get from Crohn's - not anything like actually having RA, but my larger joints, like my shoulders and neck, often feel like I'm 60 years old! Stretching helps and just making sure you move around more.

How long do you have with the steroids. It's really good that you won't be on them long term. Lots of people have little to no side effects with short term packs. I've done long term (4 month course, peaking at 40 mg) and I had lots of the side effects. So if you do have questions on that in the future, I can try to be of help.

Have a wonderful Valentines day Michelle!

Min

#246286 - 02/14/06 01:07 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Hey Michele,
I think you've got a great plan. I think it's good you're being so aggressive with figuring out what all your health problems come from. Regardless of whether or not it influences your decision to try for another baby, it is YOUR health after all and that's very important!

I'm confident you'll get back up to your exercise pace in no time. I'm kind of the same way---once i stop for awhile, it's rough getting back into it. I did several 5ks last year, and a few longer races, and ran probably 4 times a week. Now I struggle on the elliptical!! (by the way, 6 miles in 22 min is phenomenal!) I really want to be in shape, while I'm pregnant, so I'm trying to ease myself into it.
And I think it's great you're not pressuring yourself to make a decision about a baby right now--like you said, YOUR life isn't less important than life you may create.

And I'm SO happy you have Harley, he is just adorable!! I get my puppy this weekend and I can't wait---expect pictures!

--------------------

WOW!!! Talk about a new day! new
      #246302 - 02/14/06 01:32 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

Michelle,
You sound strong and focussed today. I'm sooo glad! With all of the health issues you face, it sounds like you are truly dealing with one thing at a time. Future is just that...future, and who knows? You may have children with zero complications if they get the rest of the stuff sorted out. Either way, it sounds to me like you are solid and determined to deal with things. I'm so happy for you! Not making light of your struggles, mind you - I know how real your pain and grief have been - but you just sound SOLID!!

I'm praying and sending hugs.

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#246309 - 02/14/06 02:01 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Sounds like you've got yourself a pretty good plan Michele I'm glad you are trying to make peace with the baby thing...and I really hope that it will just happen for you without you having to make yourself crazy over it

Re: Thanks Min new
      #246320 - 02/14/06 02:13 PM
michele

I know that the stretching at pt really help yesterday even though it made me hurt later so I'm really going to try and get motivated. I think it'll help me feel better overall!

I actually took the last steroid pill this morning! It was one of those 6 day dose pack things. It made me a bit jittery and a little funny but nothing too serious and it did help. I really don't want to take them long term so hopefully the other meds will kick in and with the exercise, I'm hoping not to need them!

--------------------

Re: Thanks Girls
      #246321 - 02/14/06 02:15 PM
michele

The boss is in and we are busy so I can't reply to everyone but wanted to say thanks!! Will write more tomorrow when I've got more time!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 635 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3070

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review