All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Mindy, you're the greatest! new
      #246468 - 02/15/06 08:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Thank you SO MUCH for giving me a detailed account of your diagnosis and symptoms. That's very helpful.

By the way, I don't get grossed out easily so you don't have to worry about giving me TMI.

I am glad that your medications are helping you so much. I agree that taking them is necessary.

About 2 years ago I had some CD symptoms, if not all of them (except no blood). That's when 2 GI docs thought I probably had it. But the SBFT test revelaed nothing and the GI doc told me I had a very bad stomach bug that took months to get out of my system. All my really horrible stomach things started with a case of food poisoning followed by either another food poisoning or a bad stomach bug a month later.

I think you could be right that I am in remission. That would make sense. And thanks, I will continue to do what I've been doing as my symptoms are WAY better. Actually, the anti-depressant is what saved me. But this new doc thinks that it's too good at possibly blocking my stomach pain so I might not be feeling my symptoms.

I haven't lost any weight. In fact, I'm heavier than I've ever been. I've also been thinking about fevers. While I don't think I've had any full blown fever, I OFTEN feel really hot. More so since I moved to NYC but I thought it was just me getting used to the weather here?

As for arthritic pain, I do have tmj which gives me bad jaw pain. And I do get body aches about once a month. I used to just think that I was burnt out and called it my monthly 'flu' as that's what is felt like. The more I think about all these odd symptoms the more I think it's possible?

Do you think that my doc is looking for another diagnosis?

I think the doc said it is 50/50 because of the blood test. I didn't go into enough detail with him about my ibs. We just did the new patient symptom checklist thing. I bet he doesn't even know that I HARDLY EVER get D anymore. I went from (2 years ago) having it pretty much every day to now only having it twice a month and it's more just loose stool than liquid. SO it's not even that bad.

Thanks SOOOOOOO much Mindy. I am trying to stay calm and not panic. Your input on this is extremely valuable an important to me. Thanks so much for helping me with this.

Tina

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: S-S! Big hugs to you! new
      #246502 - 02/15/06 10:02 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

They thought I might have Crohn's too until they saw my clear colonoscopy #1, #2, #3... Aren't our bodies silly? I can be fine right through traumatic events but then weeks afterwards when everything slows down I get attacks that last for 3 weeks. When I had to pick up and go to France when my aunt died, I fared pretty well due to some careful planning and treats from Natalie. Weeks after I got back tho, my body was OUT.

Maybe going off Celexa, moving and getting married are finally catching up with you. These are all traumatic stressors on the body by themselves! I think events are conspiring against you to make you sick.

Also, are you eating the same brand of foods you had available in Canada? When I switch brands I'll get sick after a while. I noticed this when I moved from DC to Idaho and was trying to keep cooking for myself, but couldn't find the same store brands. After a while I got sick and couldn't figure it out til I went back for a visit and magically got better.

OK, I'll take my sleuthing cap off and get my nose out of your business. I hope they find something to help you! Just remember that you are not going to get any news you can't handle. We're behind you all the way!

~nelly~

I am so surprised he is not making you have a colonoscopy - but happy for you at the same time! -nt- new
      #246508 - 02/15/06 10:08 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Steph new
      #246561 - 02/15/06 12:47 PM
Sara-Sage

Who knows that could be next?

Nel new
      #246564 - 02/15/06 12:55 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh really? Maybe it WILL take one of those god awful tests to figure out for sure if I have it or not.

You might be on to something missy. I did go through a HUGE change. And yes I am def eating different brands here in the US.

Your input is always welcome, don't feel like you're being nosey or anything. No way!

Thanks so much for your support!

Tina new
      #246569 - 02/15/06 01:07 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yep, I think your perfect no colonoscopy score is going to come to an end. Time to bite the bullet cos it's time for real answers, i think. Whatever you decide we're there for you!!

~nelly~ Your nosy neighbor to the South

Re: Tina new
      #246573 - 02/15/06 01:40 PM
Sara-Sage

I'm afraid you might be right. Drats!

UPDATE - Test scheduled for next week new
      #246578 - 02/15/06 01:58 PM
Sara-Sage

Tommy is a sweetheart and has taken the day off to drive me and sit with me. If anyone has had the test before it can take from 1 hour to 5 hours depending on how fast you process the barium. last time it took me 5 hours so Tommy and I will load up on magazines.

I'm glad I don't have to wait a month for the test. I probably would have in Canada.

Good Luck! new
      #246592 - 02/15/06 03:26 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

A month? Heck you could have waited 3 easy I hope it goes well...I'm not a fan of that test myself but I guess it's better than a full scope right? And tell Tommy he's a sweetie...I'm glad he's going with you

Re: UPDATE - Test scheduled for next week *DELETED* new
      #246601 - 02/15/06 03:55 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Jeano

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 613 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14844

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review