All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Try not to worry, Tina new
      #246058 - 02/13/06 06:55 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It could be a false positive and if it is chrones...you have caught it in the early stages. You don't feel badly...so that is a great indication that it is not chrones. Have you had a colonoscopy? I thought this was the only way to confirm chrones.

I pray it's not chrones, sweetie.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

**hugs** new
      #246068 - 02/13/06 07:57 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Tina,

Aw, I am really sorry to hear this. I imagine you must have been so surprised if you are feeling not-to-shabby.
You know what, though, one of my friends in England's friend had Chrons and we all went out together and I was shocked at how much he could eat and drink. He said he was pretty much completely fine, as long as he took his medication consistently. He has never been hospitalised, or even thought of surgery or anything... he was doing WAY better than I was with my lil' IBS!

Have you not had a colonoscopy yet? Is he wanting to schedule one for you?
If you have answered these questions already, sorry 'cause I didn't read the other replies yet!

Either way, try not to be stressed as that will make either condition worse! We'll be here for you, and you have a lovely husband to take care of you whatever happens.
**hugs**
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Sorry Tina new
      #246088 - 02/13/06 11:57 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Tina,

I'm sorry to hear that you might have Chrohn's...but on the upside, at least it sounds like you've got a good doctor who is seriously looking into it for you. That's really important (unlike the many idiot GIs I'm sure you dealt with in Ontario ). Hopefully if it is Chrohn's it's just a really mild case and you'll feel even better than you already do with treatment (if that makes sense). Let us know how you make out

Steph new
      #246162 - 02/14/06 08:03 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

That's good to hear about your friend not being too bad off with Crohn's. Two of my close friends dad's have Crohn's and they have it REALLY bad. They've had multiple operations and lots of bad complications from their medications. I can't lie, I am scared to death!

Nope, no colonsocopy for me. This new doc wants to do a small bowel follow through. I guess based on the resukts of that, we'll see what happens. Tommy did have a colonsocopy with this doc and he says he was completely sedated and didn't feel a thing. That's a bit reassuring as I don't think they sedate you in Canada quite as well.

Re: Try not to worry, Tina new
      #246163 - 02/14/06 08:04 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Beth. I will try. I'm better today than I was yesterday.

No colonscopy for me yet. Who knows maybe the doc will order one. Ugh!

Re: There's Still Hope new
      #246164 - 02/14/06 08:06 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Bev. I know. I have to remember that if I do have Crohn's that it's good that I treat it ASAP and not ignore it. I am hoping that I don't have it though.

Thanks everyone... new
      #246167 - 02/14/06 08:08 AM
Sara-Sage

I put a call in to the doc's office and he'll call me back after 4:30 today. I have lots of questions. I want to know if he actually thinks I have it or if he just needs to rule it out. I do not have a lot of the main symptoms (weight loss, blood, fever, etc).

I am trying to chill out and stay calm. It's Valentine's Day after all.

Tommy's been great and gave me a nice massage last night to relax me. He's a sweetie pie.

just try to relax.. its not that bad... new
      #246201 - 02/14/06 09:21 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Mom has Crohns and I was misdiagnosed as having it for ages because of her before I got the actual IBS diagnosis... the issues and treatments aren't the same, but it is treatable and controllable for the most part.

Good luck!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: just try to relax.. its not that bad... new
      #246207 - 02/14/06 09:28 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Amie. How has it changed her life? How bad is her Crohn's?

Re: I could have Crohns new
      #246268 - 02/14/06 12:44 PM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Tina,
First: As everyone else is saying, I'm sure this is worrisome for you and I'm sorry it's bringing you stress - it's a stressful thing for anyone to hear! But It's good that you have a doctor who's being thorough to look into it and then take steps for treatment for whatever he finds on a more informed basis.

Second: Don't I remember having this conversation with you before? I should find the post I sent you when you were worried about Crohn's a year ago or so. I've gone back to it a couple times I know because it helps me focus on what's important - I'm often much better at giving other people levelheaded council than I am applying it to myself! But either way, I know you will get through this and you will come out stronger - we've seen you do it before in other situations.

Third: On a medical note - markers in your blood for Crohn's is an extremely vague indicator. Here's what it really means: You had an elevated erythrocite sedementation rate. This means that somewhere in your body there is inflamation caused by something. It could be a totally unrelated infection, it could be some other issue with your immune system, it could be a failed recovery from a previous injury. It could also be inflamation in the small intestine, which is why the doctor wants to rule out Crohn's. Have you had a celiac test? It could also be that.

Fourth: I'm sorry you have to have the SBFT again - not pleasant! Let us know when you schedule it and we will be here for support!

Fifth: Feel free to ask if you have any more specific questions on this - I'll try my best to answer based on experience and TONS of research.

Hugs,
Min

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 343 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 14842

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review