All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sleep Study Scheduled
      #245943 - 02/13/06 12:10 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

So my sleep study is scheduled for Weds. Feb 22nd. They will tape electrodes to my head (in hair), each temple, cheeks and under nose like a moustache, legs, abdomen, and a thing on my finger. I already have trouble sleeping I can't imagine how I will sleep with all that stuff on me.

Meanwhile I have to keep a sleep diary until I go for my appointment. The Provigil they gave me to stay awake works BUT it gives me a migraine by the end of the day. It's like I can actually feel as if I have a light switch and someone is about to turn it off and then my body jumps back into action and says no you can't shut off right now. So the constant pull between trying to shut down and the meds keeping me going is giving me migraines.

And then on top of that I over did it this weekend with shoveling some snow with hubby, sled riding with the kids, and painting my bedroom. Things normal people are able to do but with the fibro evidently I can't. I hurt so bad today it is awful!!! And I am tired and being artificially being kept awake. Talk about miserable!!!!

Thanks for letting me rant.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Sleep Study Scheduled new
      #245960 - 02/13/06 12:49 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ack Christie, I wouldn't be able to sleep with all the stuff on me either! Are they nuts? Well, maybe it will help them to make you feel better.

I'm sorry to hear the medication is giving you migrains. From one evil to another! Does this medication then keep you up at night?

I hear ya about trying to do what "normal" people do! I cleaned my house Saturday and couldn't move on Sunday! Went to physical therapy this morning and I'm miserable right along side you!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Sleep Study Scheduled new
      #245962 - 02/13/06 12:54 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I had a sleep study. No, you won't be able to sleep. I took the day after off as I was a wreck. Plus you'll NEED to shower or wash your hair FOR SURE because of all that goo they put on the electrodes in your hair/head to keep them on. I swear, it's like toothpaste.

Best of luck!

Michelle new
      #245964 - 02/13/06 12:56 PM
Tissy

Here is the weird thing about this med. It won't let you involuntarily shut down/go to sleep. But if you actively lay down and try to go to sleep you can. I could take a nap if I wanted, unfortunately I have to work.

I have been getting even less good sleep at night and I think that is why all this started so maybe they can do something about that. I have been waking myself up by clenching my teeth together really hard, but not grinding them. It is weird!

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Tina new
      #245970 - 02/13/06 12:59 PM
Tissy

So what is the point of these docs doing sleep studies if the patients can't sleep?? I doubt I will be able to sleep, I have a hard time when we go on vacation sleeping in strange beds.

Where they able to determine anything useful to you from the study even though you didn't sleep?

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Re: teeth clenching new
      #245971 - 02/13/06 01:04 PM
michele

I've gone through three crowns from clenching my teeth! I seem to get into these cycles with it. Its like I can't unclench them for weeks, then they will relax for a couple of weeks and then I start again, its weird! That and clenching my hands into fists, which really makes the RA hurt!! I really do believe the Zanaflex I've been taking is helping both of those things. I also find that its helpful to put on a relzing CD while I fall alseep, I'm partial to ocean waves. It gives me something else to focus on instead of all the pains and worries!

--------------------

Re: Michelle new
      #245973 - 02/13/06 01:06 PM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Quote:

I have been waking myself up by clenching my teeth together really hard, but not grinding them. It is weird!

Hi Christie - I used to find myself doing this ALL the time. I asked my dentist about it and he gave me a nightguard to wear when I sleep. It's the same type of thing they would give you for grinding your teeth. They make a mold of your teeth and then make the nightguard to fit your mouth. I wore it every night for a few months. I haven't had to wear it in about a year now - only every once in a while. Maybe this is something you could ask your dentist about.

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

Re: Tina new
      #245980 - 02/13/06 01:13 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Even if you think you only sleep for 5 minutes you'll be amazed that you actually will sleep for a few hours.

Mine showed that I spent all my time in REM, got no stage 3 and 4 sleep, etc. It showed that I had no sleep apnea, or RLS.

Go get it done.

I think I am going to try the relaxing CD.... new
      #245985 - 02/13/06 01:22 PM
Tissy

I find that when I don't get into a deep sleep I think about all my worries and pains. Maybe the soothing CD will give me happy thoughts!

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Those nightguards really make a positive difference! new
      #245999 - 02/13/06 01:44 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I wear mine religiously & it's no real "intrusion." It saves me so much pain from clenching/grinding migraines.

I UNDERSTAND what you mean about stress making you clench/grind so much or so hard that the sound/intensity awakens you!

Honestly, those mouthguards are worth the expense (which is rather small). I highly recommend them. It's kind of like an insole for your teeth, so there's less HIGH IMPACT!

Kate.

Re: I think I am going to try the relaxing CD.... new
      #246004 - 02/13/06 01:54 PM
michele

Check Target for CD's!! I like the Ocean Waves and the Rain ones!! I have a CD player in my alram clock so it works out well!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 839 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 728

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review