All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Tattoo time?
      #245826 - 02/12/06 04:59 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

My favorite show lately is Miami Ink. I've always loved tattoos but have seen so many people regret the ones that they've gotten so I've held off.

But now I *think* I want one. I was thinking of something similar to this. I would likely get it on the outside of my torso.

http://i1.tinypic.com/noehpf.jpg

I love the free hair, I like her expression and the sexiness of this tat as well. It would have to be pretty big though.

Anyone want to share their tattoos with with and tell me just how bd they hurt!

p.s. Does anyone have a good web site they know of with some inspiration artwork?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

For what it's worth new
      #245827 - 02/12/06 05:20 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've gotten 10 tattoos in the past 7 years, and although I've been less than pleased about how a couple came out, I don't regret a SINGLE bit of any one of them. I love the experience of getting a tattoo almost as much as the finished product, and they really do become a part of who you are.

You've seen my ink before, so I won't bore you with that. LOL! I have tattoos on my chest, bicep, calf, ankle, the back of my neck, and wrists. The least painful so far have been the bicep and calf - meaty areas typically hurt less. The most painful was the ankle - bony areas typically hurt more. I don't have any on my torso (and probably never will), so I can't vouch for how that'll feel. But the pain is temporary... I tend to think it's nothing you can't get through if you want it bad enough.

To me, a tattoo feels like being scratched on a sunburn - it's more irritating than painful.

If you have anything else you want to know, just ask! Actually, this is well-timed... I'm getting tattoos #11 and 12 on Tuesday, if all goes well.

My tats... new
      #245828 - 02/12/06 05:22 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

One on each wrist, a total of $120 ish, no pain at all.

In my experience, pain should not be an issue. If you're willing to go through and get something done (piercing, tattoo, dermal implants), then you shouldn't be worrying about how much it hurts.

'Shop' around for a good shop first. I recommend BMEzine for experiences, articles and recommendations for shops in your area.

They ARE addictive, just like piercings. I just had my nipples done last week, and I'm now considering my third tattoo, and I'm only seventeen. Also, a very famous tattooist in coming to Ottawa in May, so I'm considering some transdermal implants. It's insane.

Otherwise, on the day of the tattooing, don't be nervous. Take a bottle of water, some imodium and hubby, of course. The artist should show you the final design, ask for your approval and transfer it into a stencil. My one piece of advice is to speak up. If you don't like something, point it out right away. When they place the stencil on you, make sure you like it. Don't trust the artist to be perfect in his placing, just like a piercer with placing a piercing.

Good luck babe, and happy inking.

Re: My tats... new
      #245830 - 02/12/06 05:34 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Isabel. I can't ebelive you're olnly 17, you just seem older!

Great advice. I would get a pretty good NYC tattoo artist to do it and I would be SUPER sure about the final design. If it's permanent, I would make sure it's perfect.

Who is coming to Ottawa? Just curious as I know some tattoo artists.

Thanks Isa!

Re: For what it's worth new
      #245831 - 02/12/06 05:37 PM
Sara-Sage

I was hoping you'd respond Casey. I've seen a couple of yours but not all of them. I know you have blue birds, a letter as part of a tattoos projet and what else?

What are your new tattoos going to be? I think I asked you that in my last email though so you might not to speak up until they're done.

That's reassuring that you don't regret any of them.

Thanks!

Re: Tattoo time? new
      #245835 - 02/12/06 05:57 PM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I love Miami Ink. I was actually looking up tatoo places in my area. Good Grief ... I'm 58 years old, but I want one. I figure that I won't have to worry about them sagging when I get old ..... things have already sagged.
I like the mermaid. Go for it.

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

That's so cute. new
      #245844 - 02/12/06 07:44 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

I don't have any, but have come awfully close. I just got rid of my navel ring last month after 5 years of it. That was the last of my wildness, well, for now anyhow. Dh has a tat on his arm but now says he doesn't like the idea of me getting one. Maybe because at 48, his mom went and got one.LOL. She's so totally cool and hip. Best MIL ever.

Good luck, i do love merms!

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

love those, raven...what do you play? And... new
      #245845 - 02/12/06 07:50 PM
_Willow

what sort of transdermals are you considering? I'm not 100% sure I know what you mean, but are you talking about those bumps that look like horns?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Show us Your Ink! new
      #245848 - 02/12/06 07:53 PM
_Willow

that was in the spirit of mardi Gras, LOL!
But really, i ahven't seen them, and am always interedted in seeing what everyone has.

One of my dear friends and bridesmaids got a giant angel(cherub) on her back to wremember her young brother who died. BUT this is HUGE and though pretty, a little bizarre.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Tattoo time? new
      #245850 - 02/12/06 08:09 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

I have one on my lower back, right side, pretty small. I don't regret it, I often even forget I have it! It did hurt, but not unbearable. Go for it!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20180

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review