All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Tattoo time? NO!!! new
      #246006 - 02/13/06 01:55 PM
Honey mix

Reged: 11/16/05
Loc: USA wish it was England

Sorry to be rude but The lord gave us bodies to cover our insides not to draw on them!!! Why not just get a drawn picture?!?

--------------------
Puppies Are Cute But I'm Cuter

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

That's your opinion, don't force it on other people. new
      #246009 - 02/13/06 02:03 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That's incredibly freaking rude. If you're anti-tattoo, there's no need for you to even be in this discussion.

Easy....she's 12...-nt- new
      #246013 - 02/13/06 02:05 PM
mickeymouse

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Canada

Re: Tattoo time? NO!!! new
      #246019 - 02/13/06 02:40 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I know that's your opinion and you're only 12 but what may not be right for you, may be ok for others.

Re: Ok, here goes.... new
      #246036 - 02/13/06 04:01 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Please, please, please, I'm not trying to offend anyone and maybe you were only looking for people with tatoos to respond but can I give my opinion without pissing anyone off? I'm not against them at all! In fact you might want to call me a "wanna be" but maybe is chicken for fear of stupid reasons like contracting hepatitis or worse aids..I know, I know the tattoo artists that are experienced and knowledgeable know how to sterilize but my fear stems from issues I have with getting an infection and not being able to take antibiotics(whole other story)Anyway, when I go to the shore every year I come home with some kind of "henna" tattoo somewhere on my body cause I think they are cool but don't want it permanent. I LOVE the ones on the small of the back. They are so sexy. I got one that was kinda scrolly and my husband loved it! Anyway, what I am getting at is, is it just me or does that particular tattoo that you want look like it should be on a guys arm or calf? It looks more suited for Tommy! How bout a fairy or not as quite as sexy mermaid? I don't know. It's just my opinion and I hope I'm not upsetting you Tina or anyone with it. I just think that if you are unsure by the way you say "think" you want a tat that you really think it over cause it is permanent. Ok, I'm done being mother hen now!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Love the alto sax... new
      #246039 - 02/13/06 04:13 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

still a little weirded out by the stars, but it is neat! am I starting to look old now?

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Re: Love the alto sax... new
      #246042 - 02/13/06 04:24 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Not at all!

I'm a little hesitant myself, as I'm not sure I'm ready to take such an extreme mod. It takes me a very long time to heal, and normally with problems along the way, so I'm not sure if I'm going to go through with this.

Still working on the third tattoo though!

I love Miami Ink new
      #246045 - 02/13/06 04:49 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I watch it every week! I love seeing what types of tattoos other people get and their stories of why are interesting.

I have a lady bug tattoo on my left ankle. I want to get two more, a R and J intertwined on the inside of my wrist and a sunflower on the top of my foot.

I was very nervous when I got my first tat but it ended up being fine. I remember going to the shop I had to make DH turn the car around so I could go home and hit the bathroom before I went. It really didn't hurt too bad but mine was small. I think it really depends on where you get it too. Some places are much more painful than others.

I think you should find a picture and print it and look at it for a little while to make sure that is what you want. I have had a couple of different ideas for mine and finally have settled for the above.

My son has a tattoo on his arm and carried the picture around in his wallet for two years before he got it done.

Good luck Tina!

--------------------
Janey

Re: Tattoo time? new
      #246066 - 02/13/06 07:47 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey Tina!
My friend is really into Miami Ink too. I started to watch it the other day and at first I thought it was really interested but then I got bored really fast. Some people have CRAZY tatoos, though, that look sooo painful - I had to stop watching!

Anyway, I think you should do whatever you feel like you want now AND in 30 years, hee hee.
One of my best friends got a tattoo and she chose the size and everything, and got it done on her lower back. Even though she still likes the design, she really regrets getting it so large.. and it's not even THAT big. So I would definitely keep size in mine, because it does look like with particular tattoo and all the detail it would have to be pretty big, like you said.

That's a pretty daring tattoo as well for your first body art! I am kinda surprised, but if it makes you go 'oooh', then whatever makes you happy!
If you do decide to go for it, be sure to show us the final result!

Good luck!
Cheers,

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Tattoo time? new
      #246070 - 02/13/06 08:02 PM
SueZQ

Reged: 01/30/06
Loc: Tennessee

Whoa! NOT ME!!! I was informed that if you EVER have to have an MRI or other type of full body scan done for medical testing that one of the first questions you are asked is if you have any tatoos. Apparently the inks cause EXCRUCIATING pain because of the chemical reaction from the machines. And I know a girl who is saving up to pay the thousands it will cost to have one removed because she now regrets having it done. My husband says they are "permanent reminders" of a big mistake. I can see it now...folks in nursing homes sitting around comparing tatoos - ones that used to be nice and pert...now sadly sagging... very sad!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 397 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20343

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review